Prestige Kohl Eyeliner

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/2/2012 9:11:00 AM

Local Targets in my area have been out of my HG Milani eyeliner for a couple of weeks, so I decided to give this one a try.

The good: pigmentation is great. I have this in brown-black and it is a very dark, rich color. It glides on pretty smoothly without tugging at the eyelid, so it is pretty easy to create an even line with this. It also smudges nicely, if you're trying to do that. The pencil is skinny, so you can do a very artful thin line with it.

The packaging is nothing special, and this pencil is inexpensive.

The bad: It doesn't set very well, and ended up transferring onto my eyelids. For me, that is usually the number one sign of a useless eyeliner because if I can't trust it to stay in place, I don't want to use it. Where I had originally applied it, by 5:00 that day, it had faded almost completely, and all the liner that was left were a couple transferred lines on my upper lid.

So in this case, the bad overwhelms the good for me. I wouldn't recommend this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I like this stuff! I have it in Denim, which is a lighter blue color, and I find that if I set it with a little bit of eyeshadow, it lasts quite a long time, and the color is really nice. I do wish it went on a little smoother though.

Sorry, guys. This item just didn't last long enough on my lids and I found the quality to not even be close to Prestige's automatic waterproof variety of liner. True, this one comes with a smudger, but it doesn't do anything a makeup sponge can't do.

on 8/25/2008 12:42:00 PM

This is a good product for smudging around your eyes. I have also found that it stays better than most liners for the inner rim of your eyes. I still need to reapply but not as often.

on 8/22/2007 1:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is one of my staple products that has never let me down. I have it in Spice (a golden brown) and Havana (a darker brown) and it goes on very smoothly for a pencil, and gives the ideal warm look I'm going for when I just want a quick eye fix for day. One of the best things you'll find at the drugstore.

I got Havana on a whim about a year ago, and loved it to death. The lines are dark and thick with great smudgable power to get smokey eyes. The smudging tip on the oposite end is quite useful for this, although it would be better if it were a lighter colour for darker shades so you could see which parts were all smudged up. But it has great lasting power, my only beef with it is how it collects in the inner corners of my eyes. Otherwise great! I have already bought more of it.

on 7/6/2005 1:08:00 AM

I think these are hit or miss. I've only bought two and one was great and the other was horrible. My HG is this shade in Havana though. Suchhhhh a pretty rich, dark brown shade that goes on very smooth. I'm almost done my first one and I've had it a while now. Plus I love the smudge brush that's on the opposite end!

on 2/25/2005 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

love prestige el! have in sable, charcoal, a dark plum and a dark green. love them. love their quality and the price. if i need an el i would check to see if they had my color first! EDIT: never thought there would a need to buy anything but ds e/l, but then tried mac, LM and clinique creeme shapers, they are my hg's and wortht he splurge! sorry prestige!

on 8/24/2004 12:50:00 AM

This is a good eyeliner which is pigmented very well. It does smudge a little bit which can be good or bad depending on your preference. It also has great staying power especially on the inner lids. However, I still prefer Annabelle eyeliner to this overall so I had to take some lippies off.

on 3/24/2004 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I keep all of my liners in a cup on my vanity...I looked at them the other day and noticed the 85% of them are Prestige. The colors are great, the staying power is perfect and they go on smoothly and easily. I usually top with a power shadow for extra staying power. I don't use these to line the inner rims because my eyes tear up during application and smears everying - but they are great for lashlines. Wonderful drugstore find.