Prestige Kohl Eyeliner

Filtered by age: 30-35
Prestige Kohl Eyeliner

3.2

I use this pencil on my eybrows, and it's my favorite! I always get compliments and when I tell people it's from my local drugstore, they can't believe it either! The only thing is that it's hard to find the color I use, so I always buy 2!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Just like one reviewer before me, I had a bad reaction to these eyeliners. I completely forgot that some time ago I purchased a Prestige liquid eyeliner in a nice shimmery green color and as soon as I put it on, my eye lids felt like they were on fire. I had to throw it out immediately. Yesterday I bought the khol eyeliner in steel which is a beautiful greyish blue color. I saw that the texture was nice, so I bought it in three more colors. When I put it on the next day, my eyes were bloodshot and teared in less than a minute. I don't know what they put in these eyeliners because I am not (at least never been) allergic to any make up product before this.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this eyeliner in several beautiful colors after reading the wonderful reviews here. Unfortunately, a few hours after using it my eyes were bloodshot and inflamed for over two days. It was horrible. I suggest that you first test it on a small portion of one eye overnight to see if you are allergic to kohl before wearing it out in public. If you are not, you're in luck because the colors are beautiful.

on 8/30/2005 6:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was *very* disappointed when I tried the smudgeable "kohl" version of Prestige's eye pencil. I love the fact that it has a foam smudger on one end, but that is where my love affair hits the skids. (BTW, their "waterproof" line of pencils is superb.)I got this in Lagoon, a pretty pearlescent ocean blue, and found that even when I prepped my eyelid with oil-free concealer and powder first, the product blurs and fades away within a couple of hourss. I'm all for blendability, but this eyeliner is just plain greasy and way too soft. When I draw a line on my upper eyelid, a second "ghost" line appears above it from when I blink and the product transfers. I suppose it works okay if you top it with powder shadow, but who wants to go through that when you're in a hurry?

on 2/25/2005 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

love prestige el! have in sable, charcoal, a dark plum and a dark green. love them. love their quality and the price. if i need an el i would check to see if they had my color first! EDIT: never thought there would a need to buy anything but ds e/l, but then tried mac, LM and clinique creeme shapers, they are my hg's and wortht he splurge! sorry prestige!

on 6/3/2004 11:52:00 AM

If you are the kind of woman that gets the eyeliner all smugged on your eye corners after some hours.... this is the product you want. I use ONYX, and it stays put all through my day. Love it!!

I was really hoping to like this since they have so many colors. I bought it in taupe and it's a really pretty light brown color which would be perfect for a natural look. However, this isn't nearly as soft or smudgy as it should be and it tugs like crazy on my skin. I couldn't even use it once.

on 4/4/2004 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I normally don't even look at drugstore makeup, but for some reason I thought I would try this, and you can't beat the price. I got one in Dark Green and it's a beautiful color that goes on fairly smoothly. Looks good with Stila's Kalo eyeshadow. While I won't give up my department store brands, I would certainly purchase this one again.

on 3/24/2004 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I keep all of my liners in a cup on my vanity...I looked at them the other day and noticed the 85% of them are Prestige. The colors are great, the staying power is perfect and they go on smoothly and easily. I usually top with a power shadow for extra staying power. I don't use these to line the inner rims because my eyes tear up during application and smears everying - but they are great for lashlines. Wonderful drugstore find.

on 12/25/2003 1:05:00 AM

I always come back to Prestige Kohl eyeliner and have never felt compelled to spend more money at the cosmetics counters. I did buy Sephora Kohl eyeliner and it was more expensive than Prestige and infinitely worse-Prestige stays on a long time and does not smudge like other softer pencils I have used and wasted money on. I think the pencil is on the harder side but the softer pencils smudge more. If there is a softer pencil that does not smudge I would love to try it. But in the meantime, I will be using this.