Prestige Kohl Eyeliner

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/2/2012 9:11:00 AM

Local Targets in my area have been out of my HG Milani eyeliner for a couple of weeks, so I decided to give this one a try.

The good: pigmentation is great. I have this in brown-black and it is a very dark, rich color. It glides on pretty smoothly without tugging at the eyelid, so it is pretty easy to create an even line with this. It also smudges nicely, if you're trying to do that. The pencil is skinny, so you can do a very artful thin line with it.

The packaging is nothing special, and this pencil is inexpensive.

The bad: It doesn't set very well, and ended up transferring onto my eyelids. For me, that is usually the number one sign of a useless eyeliner because if I can't trust it to stay in place, I don't want to use it. Where I had originally applied it, by 5:00 that day, it had faded almost completely, and all the liner that was left were a couple transferred lines on my upper lid.

So in this case, the bad overwhelms the good for me. I wouldn't recommend this one.

I bought these on a whim at my local Walgreens, they were on clearance. I initially bought 3 colors just to try them out. I bought poly, masquerade and black brown. Wow, these eyeliners are awesome! I have used each color and I love their staying power and color put off. I have since went back and bought 4 more colors in chocolate, sage, payday, and wine. These are by far the best d/s liners I have ever used. They go on smoothly and last me all day. I will totally go buy more! I need to find more colors:)

on 1/30/2009 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in Havana which is a very dark brown. It goes on pretty smoothly and blends well too but the problem is that it creased later on in the day even though I was not in hot weather and I didn't sweat at all. I don't have oily lids..they are actually very dry but they are heavily hooded. Beware if you have hooded eyes.

on 8/25/2008 12:42:00 PM

This is a good product for smudging around your eyes. I have also found that it stays better than most liners for the inner rim of your eyes. I still need to reapply but not as often.

on 7/3/2007 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner. I have it in spice and It's a great brown. I have a problem with my eyeliner getting on my eyelids throughout the day and this one does not do that.(Urban Decay Primer Potion may also help with that) It last all day and does not smear. Will buy in other colors too!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I guess I can finally say that Prestige liners are my only drug store brand MU I use. I've used them since they came out, I was in highschool then! So 9 years! They have never let me down. They do not irritate my eyes. I use the pencils on every line. My favorite are the ones with the metallic sheen, but buy the Blackest black, dark brown, and dark taupe most frequently. I was disappointed at one point when I found than the indigo purple colors are waxy and don't leave the bright, vivid, rich color I'm so used to, behind. I'll buys these forever.

on 12/11/2005 10:49:00 PM

I definitely agree with Enigmaa on this one, it is a hit or miss. The first one I bought I loved, so I bought another and it was awful. The first was soft and blendable. The second was hard and nearly impossible to apply never mind blend. Wouldn't try again.

on 1/18/2005 10:48:00 AM

I tried this in "Marine". The package looks like a blue/black color, but the real color has some violet in it. I was disappointed with the product: I found the pencil hard and not very pigmented. I also had trouble with little pieces of the pencil breaking off as I was using it. I couldn't get the dark line that I was hoping for. I went and purchased the MAC Blooz kohl pencil instead and am very pleased with it.

I'm new to wearing eyeliner since I've never really needed it, but this one is pretty good. I bought brown. It looks good and has decent staying power if I use a bit of shadow to set it. I will probably try Rimmel eyeliner next as it costs a dollar less and is easy to find at Walmart.

Wow, so soft and nice. Just slides right on, and stays all day. I love Jet Black for lining my inner rims- it's easy, and stays very dark all day. And doesn't irritate my eyes. Great drugstore find! The smudger on the end is a nice touch too.