MAC Infrared lipglass stain

No Image

4.4

i miss this!

on 9/28/2005 3:52:00 AM

This is a lovely color.. a neutral brownish rosy color, definitely a YLBB shade. I wear this when I wanna look fresh but not too made up. I can see this working well for a lot of different skin tones, too (I'm asian NC 30). Plus, there's a lot of product in lipglass stain (15 ml) so I dont think I can ever finish this tube. But if i ever do, will definitely buy again.

on 2/10/2004 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I *would* buy this again, but *can't* because it is discontinued, along with my beloved Chanel Blush glossimer. *cry*.

So, I swapped for 2 minis and a full sizer, and now I should be stocked for a while!

CON: Tube tends to leak.

PROS: I adore the color, texture, smell (faint vanilla) and the fact that it is less sticky than lipglasses. It is a good day color for me -- lovely slightly browned red - adds nice shine.

on 11/13/2003 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

great warm rosey brown... perfect for the autumn while wearing shades like amber lights, mulch, humid & cranberry... sadly discontinued. this shade has no shimmer, just gloss... may be too dark for most PPP's but it works perfect for this NC30 gal.

on 10/1/2003 11:33:00 PM

Beautiful color, I'm a big fan of MLBB lip glosses and this is another one of them. It comes out reddish brown on my lips, very natural but nothing too special. The texture is thick and sticky but I really don't mind the packaging as I would prefer anything to lipglosses in pots. I suspect that it's drying on my lips but not too sure about it. Would re-purchase and would recommend to friends looking for natural, reddish lip colors to wear.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is identical in every way to Neutrogena Moistureshine gloss in "Chic." So, no go.

on 8/9/2003 8:19:00 AM

I like the colour of this lipglass stain.
However, the consistency is a bit sticky, and the packaging makes it a bit hard to apply( lancome juicy tubes still have the nicest application).
Also it seems the pigment fades off first, leaving just the shiny parts on my lip...
But it lasts and lasts. I've had mine for more than a year now...

on 5/23/2003 10:30:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I agree with the review below...the shade should be specified as Infrared WOOD in the title! Anyway, this is a decent shade, but I was put-off a little by the ho-hum nature of the actual product. It's a nice enough reddish brownish shade on me, but seems to be so boring without any shimmer at all. I was hoping it would be more like Restrained Rust and offer a little shimmer, at least. I really don't like the packaging...the product oozes out into the cap when you put it in your handbag, and that's not very pleasant to deal with when you're in public! I seldom reach for this one, as much for the oozing problem as for the actual shade. I think it's because the shade takes on a neutral or cool tone with my warm PPP complexion, and I prefer warmer shades. This would be great for a cool toned PPP or MMM, though, just as long as they don't expect any shimmer:)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I don't mean to be a stickler for detail (but I am), so I'll say first off that the actual name of this MAC Lipglass Stain is Infrared Wood. There. Now, on to the raving. I love this stain, although I take slight issue with the fact that they call it a stain, because that seems to hint that it's long-lasting. It's not. But that's okay. The rosy/browny/peachy/nude-y colour looks amazing on someone with my skin tone (CCC/MAC NC43), but I can see where it would flatter anyone except maybe the extremely pale and the extremely dark. I use it as my everyday lip colour, but a little gold shimmery gloss on top can dress it up, and with Urban Decay's Lip Gunk in S&M (nice transparent cream colour with holographic glitter, smells and tastes like sugar cookies) on top, you can take it to a club! Work it!
Note: I completely agree with the previous reviewer who said to apply it with a lip brush. The tube is designed so you can apply it straight from there, but I wouldn't recommend it. A lip brush is the way to go. continued >>

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Infrared Wood is the perfect blend of a rich chocolate and rustic red - It reminds me of the shade of a beautiful autumn leaf :) This works extremely well with my olive NC30 coloring. It makes my lips richly hued and compliments just about anything :) Wonderful :}