NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

So I bought this a few days ago, as I've always read about this highlight on here & ive always seen it in Sephora.

This looks so unflattering and chalky in the pan & once you swatch it looks very yellow-gold. I was very hesitant to purchase because of how yellow it looked and I didn't want to go out looking like I put yellow eyeshadow on my cheekbones!

I'll admit, first time I used this I went overboard and applied waaayyyyy too much!! I get a bit too highlight crazy when I get a new one hehe. I thought it looked very unflattering & tried toning it down with Becca Moonstone.
Tried it again the next day in moderation, looked better but still applied a bit too much - today I've finally got the application down.
I use very little initially - it's very pigmented. And I buff it in, and I build it up little by little until I get that golden glowy look without it looking yellow, then I go in on the very highest point closest to my eyes with Becca moonstone & also buff that in.

I FEEL LIKE A GLOWY GOLDEN-ISH ANGEL!!!! I can't stop turning my head to look at my highlight lol. It also looks good w/o moonstone but I prefer a more glowy look & usually layer my highlights. (But it's not too harsh).

Give it a try! & for reference I'm a NC15 -20 (I feel like I'm more 20 tho)
I can see this lasting a very long time as I'll only need a small amount.
Play around with application & it could work!

on 2/21/2016 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This color is very pigmented and offers a fantastic highlight/glow. HOWEVER, once the color sits, it begins to turn very yellow and gold, which is very unflattering on my NW20 skin color. This would be fabulous on darker skin tones.

To Read all 532 Reviews, Login or Join

I had been eyeing this product for the longest time and it has been finally mine since 6 months ago. Have been loving it since. I always wanted to own a nice shimmery highlighter, one perfect for special occasions.
My skin tone is your typical Indian golden undertone medium skin (NC37/NC42 in Studio Fix, c5 in MAC F&B, and Barcelona in NARS Sheer Glow). I wanted a highlighter that complemented the golden undertones I have. This does just that and it looks wonderful. It's also great to combine with peachy or coral shade blushes!. The quality is great. It's finely milled and the sparkles look sheeny rather than glittery (if that makes sense lol). It's very pigmented so it's to look like a disco ball lol! Now I wish the quality would be even better. While it is finely milled, I feel like the texture would be better if it were buttery. On some days, when my base isn't good, this can look slightly powdery. The other con is well not a personal one but because this does have a strong golden undertone, I don't think it's suitable for those who have a rather pinky/red undertone. Of course give it a go but it can look very unnatural because this highlighter is def. and in your face one (hence why I don't wear it everyday).Also, like all NARS packaging, this can get dirty but secretly I do love the velvet matte texture of its packing - it feels luxurious. Also mine hasn't gotten too dirty because I don't use it everyday and I keep it in a safe secluded place like all my makeup items. Lastly the price is really high. :X. However I can't find a highlighter like this one! If I still can't find a golden highlighter that is better than this one, then I'd repurchase this.

on 12/28/2015 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Absolutely stunning highlighter. This is a highlighter for those not afraid of pigment. NARS Albatross is extremely pigmented and you only need a light swipe of this to make whatever on your face stand out. This highlighter can be overdone, very easily! So start off using a light hand.

I have medium dark/tan skin(NC40-42) with yellow undertones and I crave pigmentation in all of my makeup and of course, the right color of pigment. Albatross is what I have been searching for this whole time: A true yellow gold. I find most highlighters are on the white/silver/champagne side of coloring which is nice for fair skin tones but I have yellow undertones and Albatross is a match made in heaven for me. This also would look amazing on darker skin tones. Do not be fooled by it's stark white color in the pan, it sheers and buffs out nicely and gives a glowing look.

The only thing I don't like about this is the price and packaging. It is very expensive and the packaging gets dirty easily. I wore this and I instantly got compliments from people, I had a friend tell me "Your glowing like an angel!" I'm sold. Unfortunately, I cannot find any dupes for this highlighter and until then, I am willing to shell out the cash and buy again.

on 12/28/2015 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Original and best. The color is white in the pan. I thought as a black women I would never be able to pull it off. But the color is transformed to sheer golden perfection. It literally looks different yet amazing on every skin tone. When I where this, I am glowing. It's so pigmented that you have to be careful not to apply too much of it will look as if you were attacked by tinkerbell.

I'm a huge HUGE NARS fanatic, and it made perfect sense to me to try out this highlighter. After all, it was purported to be *THE* highlighter to get for quite some time. I tried to make this work for me, but it just wasn't meant to be. The texture is odd for a NARS blush/highlighter. I have 36 of them (including this one), and this one is uncharacteristically dry. It's hard for it to be picked up on a brush. However, some may see this as a good thing because highlighter overboard is never cute. The biggest issue I have with this highlighter is the color. I'm about NC30 with golden undertones, so technically, this would work for me, right? I thought maybe it was the whitish base. Since then, I purchased BECCA's SSP Pressed in Moonstone, which has a slightly stronger white base. Yet, that looked 100000x more flattering on me. Then I figured it out. Albatross has this weird yellowish sheen that leans more on the green (cool) side. I prefer my highlighters to be gold, but lean on the orange side. To be honest, this isn't nearly as universally flattering as makeup advertisers want to say it is. I would only recommend this if you have olive tones to your skin (like Kim K, who was also known for using this highlighter for a while). I will be sticking to my other BECCA highlighters.

on 10/7/2015 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate to be a downer, but I really don't like this highlighter. I've owned it for several years and it's just ok. It's quite dry (like Nars blushes). There's no need to worry about picking up too much product on your brush because the powder is very hard. It's nothing like the buttery Becca highlighters. On the skin it doesn't look natural IMO... it looks... yellow. Seriously, why make a highlight yellow? I just don't get it. So you can look like you're standing under a cheap fluorescent lightbulb? The only powders that should be yellow toned are delicate, virtually invisible finishing powders to counteract redness. Definitely would not repurchase, there are so many better ones out there.

on 10/3/2015 12:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I don't really know if I love this or if it's kind of nah but it's definitely not bad. It's has very fine texture that applies smoothly, not powdery at all. I find it to be versatile due to that I can dust it on very lightly and it gives such gorgeous sheen to the skin but it can be built on to a dramatic highlight for a night time look.

It has a very yellow shade which I kind of don't mind since I've got warm undertones to my skin (NC10-15) but I prefer something like mac lightscapade that doesn't have such strong yellow tone to it. That's probably the only reason I don't reach for this as often as some other ones but all in all it's a lovely highlighter!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Unique highlighter! I'm telling you it will be hard to find a dupe with this formula so don't waste your money on cheaper highlighters that look the same. NARS' blush textures are like pure silk. This highlighter looks pale but goes on sheer and illuminating on darker skin tones. It also has an off yellowish tone but appears soft on the cheekbones and bridge of the nose. Will purchase again!

on 9/23/2015 4:18:00 PM

While wearing this my friend, who doesnt wear makeup at all, asked me if i had put eyeshadow on my cheeks. Its that intenste! (and i probably tend to use a little too much haha) The color is very intense and shiny on my fair skin, but tbh thats exactly how i like it! Its not really for the natural look, but for that intense, highlighter glow look. So you need to be really into your highlights..

It does apply beautiful. I dont feel like i need to use a lot before i get the desired look, a little swipe lasts a long way. It really lasts me all day, as all NARS blushes tends to do. The gold sparkle is so pretty combined with NARS blushes that has this same gold sparkle like the famous Orgasm blush. Ultimate combo if you ask me

This is a must have in my opinion (especially if you like and use Orgasm a lot), and ive hit pan in less than a year and is absolutely planning on repurchasing when its gone.