Pur Minerals Chisel Brush

Pur Minerals Chisel Brush
Chisel Brush

2.7

on 2/18/2017 9:44:00 AM

Got this brush in one of their starter kits. It blends the makeup alright BUT It's pretty rough and scratchy on skin, rather irritating so I don't use it. There are much better mineral powder brushes out there than this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this brush in the Starter kit. I wish I had read the reviews before using it. After the initial application, I looked like I needed to shave. So many itchy bristles all over my face! I had to use my Bare Minerals brush to get all the PUR brush bristles off my face. And it was a weird mix of long and short bristles, and some weird black flecks.

Not to be deterred, I swirled the brush, sans makeup, on my arm for about 3 or 4 minutes till the bristles stopped decorating my arm. After that, I used it to apply their version of warmth and only one bristle stuck to me.

I did not find it stiff or scratchy, just in need of a good blow out. If, however, it keeps shedding, I'll probably just use my Target complexion brush or the Bare Minerals kabuki.

This brush sheds NONSTOP. I got it in the pur starter pack and continued trying to use it, hoping the hairs falling out were just a few random loose ones, but I've had it for a week and it still sheds like crazy every time I attempt to use it. And as the pur concealer is somewhat tacky, hairs get stuck all over my face and are a pain to get off.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I found this to be a terrible brush.
Prefer ELF to this anyday

This is definitely the worst brush I've ever used and I highly recommend that no one ever buys it. The hairs shed every time I used it. And I mean EVERY TIME. I couldn't apply the makeup because I was so focused on getting the tiny little hairs off my face. Unless you enjoy looking like a cat shed all over your face do not purchase. My overall rating of 1/5 is generous.

on 6/4/2015 10:43:00 PM

Worst. Brush. Ever. I got it as part of the pur minerals starter kit-which I bought specifically because I wanted the brush to go with the 4 in 1 powder. It sheds like whoa every time I use it. And not full hairs but small pieces of hair which I then have to pluck off my face and search for because theyre so tiny like eyelashes. Oh and its scatchy as hell. To the point where I worry about it damaging my skin. Worst!

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews of this brush, OK it has shed a few hairs but not much at all... Most times nothing, and it gives the most flawless, amazing coverage of any brush I've owned... Not just for the 4 in 1 powder - but any face powder. The bristles are tightly packed so it may feel slightly denser on your skin, but it certainly doesn't hurt or scratch to apply!!... It has sold out in my local M & S where its a tester, so obviously many people were also happy on testing. I would definitely purchase again. Other brushes don't compare!

I wish I would have read the reviews on this one before purchasing during a buy one get one free sale, because now I'm stuck with 2 brushes that I won't be using. This brush feels really stiff, course and scratchy on my sensitive skin. I prefer a longer handle as well so I'm not crazy about the packaging. It does an okay job of applying product but doesn't feel like an even application. If I didn't have such a terrible customer service experience ordering from the pur minerals website I would return these, but it's not worth the hassle for me to deal with their company again.

In my opinion, this is the worst brush I have owned. I originally got this brush with a kit I purchased on a Canadian shopping channel. It was bad, so scratchy and it shed. Boy did it shed. I ended up tossing it as it hurt my cheeks to use it on them.
Well, move to about 3 years later and I was at a drugstore where they had a Pur Minerals kit for sale, that contained mini foundation, primer, mascara and... duh, duh, duh.... the brush. I thought to myself, maybe the brush has been improved. Nope, it�s the scratchiest, sheddiest (I know, no such word) thing ever. I do not recommend, how can I when there are so many softer brushes out there that can do the job.

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-Iamsheherazade-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸ continued >>

on 3/7/2014 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I received this brush as a GWP when purchasing my pressed powder foundation. I do find the brush sheds and it isn't very soft, but it definitely gets the job done. I personally don't use the powder foundation alone, I usually use it over my liquid foundation. I find this brush is great for applying powder as well as liquid foundations. Gives a very air brushed look. I'm sure any brush of a similar design (kabuki brush) would do the same job, and maybe shed a bit less. I wouldn't repurchase because of the shedding and the expensive price ($26CAD).

Popular Makeup Brushes