Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder

4.6

Talc, Polyethylene, Nylon-12, PTFE, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 12/12/2018 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I got the shade Light since I'm fair skinned around N15 and expected it to be grayer in tone but it's actually very skin-like, just deeper. Makes the most natural contour! It's very silky to the touch and blends beautifully. I barely tap the brush and that's enough to build slowly. I also find the packaging very esthetically pleasing. Might also get the shade Medium for more dramatic nighttime looks, excellent product overall!

on 11/13/2017 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I contour with bronzer then do this over the top and girl my cheekbones are for days! But I opened my travel bag and it’s smashed everywhere and it’s too expensive for a small powder

on 1/20/2017 1:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Yep, this stuff is definitely my "holy grail" contouring powder. As many have remarked, it's an ashier brown, which is perfect for simulating an actual shadow on the face. I use the shade Medium (which works well on my extremely fair skin) to sculpt my nose, cheeks, and jawline and I am always impressed with the outcome. The package is a little small (almost like a large eyeshadow single) and the price is outrageous ($41 for said small package). That being said, I've had mine for 6 months and after wearing it 1-3x a week, every week, I haven't hit the pan yet, so I think it's worth it.

I pruchased this after seeing a youtube tutorial with this product in it and loved how it worked with pale skin so I purchased it from Beautybay. This is probably the most expensive one colour makeup item I've ever purchased but it is soo worth it. I got the shade light as I am very pale and it goes so nicely for a day look. It blends in so easily you hardly have to blend it yourself. I want to buy the medium shade for some night looks. Strongly recommend.

on 7/29/2016 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have this contour powder in light & I love it. (For reference, I'm fair with cool undertones.) The light shade is perfect for me - no orange tones! - and it's super pigmented so a little goes a long way. I wish this came in a bigger compact (especially for the price), but even despite this, it's still my favourite contour product. I've tried many others and this one works the best for me. It looks natural, it applies evenly & it lasts all day. I would highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for their holy grail contour powder.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

For reference I am fair and cool toned.

I picked up the Kevyn Aucoin Contour book, volume 2. (this was limited edition, but you can buy the items individually)

It includes the sculpting powder, sculpting cream, candlelight cream, and candlelight powder. (and the book had a few eyeshadows too - the shadows are more on the powdery side, similar to the Lorac formula)

Every once in a while a product comes along, that completely blows away everything else. This was instant HG for me.

The sculpting cream is very cool toned. If you are also cool toned, you know the struggle of finding a cool toned product for contour. I had been using Nyx taupe - which is decent for it's price. But this sculpting powder applies so easily, and blends so well. It has changed contouring for me 100%! You can apply it for a very subtle look, but it is also very buildable.

If you are fair and cool, don't hesitate. Buy the sculpting powder. It is amazing. Of the cream and powder formulas, I think both are great. I find myself using the powder more often, but only because it's my personal preference, and I find it easier to apply. The cream blends so well, but is a bit more subtle.

I do think this might appear a little ashy if you are more warm toned though.

on 4/1/2015 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just got this yesterday and used it for the first time today. It's the perfect shade for contouring; a taupe-brown. I've been trying various contouring kits and I have to wonder how I (or any of us for that matter) ever used bronzers for contouring. Even when they are matte and more cool toned, they are just not as good as a contour shade like this because this actually looks natural, like a real shadow and really helps slim the face. I also have both of the Celestial powders to highlight so check out my reviews on those as well.

on 1/30/2015 1:45:00 AM

If you love to contour this is the one for you!

Oh yeah, it also comes with the best little brush for contouring........bonus.

I am in the minority here! It just looked awful on me.

I popped into my local Space NK and asked the sales assistant to show me how to apply it. She did and it looked liked I had bruising to my cheeks!

The colour did not suit my fair/medium with yellow undertones skin whatsoever.

She even said the staff steer clear of it and stick to bronzers instead.

So disappointed as I had high hopes for it, but at least my purse can breathe a sigh of relief for now!

on 7/10/2014 8:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product is super expensive for the amount of powder that you get, but nonetheless it's awesome. It really does look natural on the face and you hardly need any product to sculpt your features. I have very fair skin and I love this for my cheekbones and contouring my nose. Worth the hype. Definitely isn't a makeup necessity but if you have the money to splurge go for it, was not disappointed