Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder

Talc, Polyethylene, Nylon-12, PTFE, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I never used contour before, but I'm glad I started with this. This little powder compact works wonders.

I got medium, which is a bit dark for me, but I just use way less. It's very pigmented, so be careful to not use too much.

It definitely gives me that sharp cheekbones look. I like using bronzer with it. I'm definitely not the most precise when it comes to make up application, but this is super easy to use.

This is definitely something that's intended to be use on the edges of your face, and its brown color is definitely on the cool side (as opposed to "ashy"), which is great for contour, but will look like actual dirt if you rub it wherever else: don't mistake this for a bronzer, and don't use too much of it! If like me, you got too enthusiastic the first time around, use a blending sponge to absorb and blend any excess.

on 10/15/2014 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Finally, a sculpting powder that does what it's meant to. I ordered the (obscenely expensive) Charlotte Tilbury Sculpt and Highlight Duo and wish I had returned it. The sculpting powder is a shimmery peach colour (huh... who has shadows that are shimmery peach??). But this is a cool taupe that actually mimics shadow on the face and is absolutely natural and undetectable. I actually love the small container because I keep all my makeup in a transportable Bobbi Brown case so smaller containers mean I can squeeze more makeup in there. You use so little of this that it will last a long time. Highly highly recommended. For reference I'm NC25.

on 7/15/2009 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This powder is amazing! I'm a PPP blonde with light eyes and at first glance this powder looks like it would be way too dark and muddy, but after reading the reviews and trying it at Sephora, I took the plunge. Like a previous reviewer, I've tried bronzers and brown-toned blushers to try to get that contoured look, but they usually turned out to be too orangy or too shimmery to use as a shader. Armani has a great brown bronzer, but it's too shiny to use as anything except what it was intended for. The KA sculpting powder is the perfect matte brown color for shading under the cheekbones. Not only that, it is incredibly easy to use! I thought I'd really have to work at it - especially since it's packaged with a sponge, which I thought was strange, but the sponge actually lays the color down in one place without disbursing all over the place like a brush would and then I use the sponge to buff it out and diffuse the edges. It takes me only a minute and I swear it's fool proof. This is my fifth KA product (I also have the airbrush foundation, the creme eyeliner, e/s palette #6 and the rouge hommage lipstick) and every one of them is a winner. I can't believe this line isn't carried in high end department stores since the quality and the packaging (not to mention the prices!) rival any of the designer lines I've tried. I'll probably by the loose powder and the blush next. God bless Kevyn Aucoin.