Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder

Filtered by age: 25-29
Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder

4.9

Talc, Polyethylene, Nylon-12, PTFE, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 11/13/2017 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I contour with bronzer then do this over the top and girl my cheekbones are for days! But I opened my travel bag and it’s smashed everywhere and it’s too expensive for a small powder

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I never used contour before, but I'm glad I started with this. This little powder compact works wonders.

I got medium, which is a bit dark for me, but I just use way less. It's very pigmented, so be careful to not use too much.

It definitely gives me that sharp cheekbones look. I like using bronzer with it. I'm definitely not the most precise when it comes to make up application, but this is super easy to use.

This is definitely something that's intended to be use on the edges of your face, and its brown color is definitely on the cool side (as opposed to "ashy"), which is great for contour, but will look like actual dirt if you rub it wherever else: don't mistake this for a bronzer, and don't use too much of it! If like me, you got too enthusiastic the first time around, use a blending sponge to absorb and blend any excess.

on 2/27/2017 8:50:00 PM

This is my favorite contouring powder. I found it blended well and was buildable, so I could go for a dramatically sharp cheek look, or just use a light hand and keep it more subtle. I've also used this powder to fill in brows when I don't want to use a pencil or gel. This is my favorite of Kevyn Aucoin's line, followed closely by the Celestial Powder. I reach for this contouring powder the most because it's one of the few cool toned powders I could find that was finely textured, blended well, and had staying power.

on 1/20/2017 1:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Yep, this stuff is definitely my "holy grail" contouring powder. As many have remarked, it's an ashier brown, which is perfect for simulating an actual shadow on the face. I use the shade Medium (which works well on my extremely fair skin) to sculpt my nose, cheeks, and jawline and I am always impressed with the outcome. The package is a little small (almost like a large eyeshadow single) and the price is outrageous ($41 for said small package). That being said, I've had mine for 6 months and after wearing it 1-3x a week, every week, I haven't hit the pan yet, so I think it's worth it.

on 3/31/2016 4:46:00 PM

This is a lovely product. The powder is creamy and very pigmented. I roll my brush over the top without even applying any pressure, and the tiny amount it picks up is perfect.
Blends beautifully and looks flawless. I'd definitely repurchase this.

Editing to add-

I've now been using this product since mid March and I honestly don't think I'll purchase a different contour product now. This lasts well on the face, and in the pan! After 8 months of daily use, I've only just hit pan- the 4g pan goes a very long way! (And in known for being heavy handed with stuff!)

Best contouring powder I've found for my very fair, neutral skin. Love the texture and finish.

This is the best contour powder I have ever used!! The color, pigmentation and longevity are unmatched compared to other stuff I've tried. I'm an NC 30.

on 2/6/2015 1:27:00 AM

I've been making my way through various contour powders, and this is by far the best. The gray/taupe-y tone makes contouring look natural. It's packed tightly, so you don't pick up too much powder at once. It's easy to blend too. I'm very fair skinned, and I would say that with a light hand, this is my perfect shade. The packaging could use a little work: I have a hard time opening the compact and it's a little small for my brush. But I'll take it over orange-y bronzers any day!

on 7/31/2014 12:36:00 PM

I have fair skin and this KA sculpting powder is the only one I shall ever use.
I threw out my MAC sculpting powder in bone beige and sculpt out the window.

This color is by far the most amazing blend to create a shadow on your face. It's not orange, it's not brown, it's not red. It really looks like natural shadows!

I do not use a lot, very small amount to contour my nose, cheekbones and jawline. Although the packaging is very small, this should last me a pretty long time. However depending on how heavily you contour your face I guess it varies.

The packaging is super small and I'm always worried that I'll drop it or get crushed somewhere. I'm not asking for more product but I wish it had come in a bigger sized compact. Bigger so it's more visible and that I won't lose or accidently knock it off the counter and drop it.

Other than that, I highly recommend this product. Don't even bother wasting your money trying cheaper contouring products like MAC or even expensive brands like Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate. I've seen it, I've tried it. From cheap to expensive, this Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder is by far the best contouring powder with the perfect color. Don't waste your money settling with something else. Just save up for a little longer if you were planning on buying MAC. I saved you money if you were thinking about buying Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate. :)

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I heard the rave, I like contouring because I have a relatively round face, so when I saw the youtube videos, I had to get this.
I have this for 3 weeks now and absolutely love it. Although I have a fair complexion, it does not look streaky or anything, it creates a really natural shadow under your cheekbones, so that you loose weight on your face instantly.
The only offputting thing about it is the price and how little you actually get. Just 3 g (I have Eyeshadows with more g) for circa 40 is very pricey. I hope it will last a little while, although I want to use it every day.