Lancome Color Design - Vintage Rose

Lancome Color Design - Vintage Rose
Color Design - Vintage RoseColor Design - Vintage RoseColor Design - Vintage RoseColor Design - Vintage Rose

4.5

on 2/16/2017 12:33:00 PM

This is the only lipstick I will justify paying $23 for. Overall, lipstick is just not one of the cosmetics that is noticeably better in department store brands vs drugstore brands, so the high prices to me are a ripoff. Why pay so much to help promote their brand and pay for their advertising? In any event, the perfect shade and texture of this lipstick means I will continue to pay the money whenever it runs out. I have not been able to duplicate this exact rosy tone with its unique sheen (not sparkly frost) in any drugstore lipcolor, even the ones that are really good quality. I like the elegant yet sturdy packaging also. I still take off 1 lippie for the high cost. Like someone said, it's not too light nor too bright....it's just right for day or night. It feels smooth on the lips and the sheen creates an illusion of volume. You don't need a mirror to put it on evenly. I just love it. I wish I didn't, but I do.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am a redhead with very pale, cool-toned skin and freckles, and this is my very favorite mlbb (eh... maybe it's tied with Lauder's Rose Tea, but moving on...) I love Vintage Rose because it manages mlbb without any of those dull greige tones found in so many "nudes", nor is it too bright. It's a soft color, but not shy or boring.
It is a warm , light-to-midtone rose with a subtle blue shift that makes my teeth look whiter. This hint of iridescence also gives the impression of volume and dimension on my otherwise somewhat thin and shapeless lips.
The texture is creamy, coverage is buildable from sheer to full, and the finish is a slightly pearly, shiny satin. There is the typical Lancome/L'oreal scent, which has never bothered me.
It really goes beyond just adding color to the lips. It makes my whole mouth prettier.
yes, it can be a tad drying worn on its own, but I wear it on top of a layer of Burt's Bees Pomegranate lip balm, and I find that it wears comfortably this way for a good while. Obviously, if I eat a salad, I'm going to have to reapply, but I actually like wiping my lips clean and starting fresh with my lipstick after lunch, anyway.
If I was able to only take off half a lippie for the slight drying effect, I would, because it really is a great lipstick that I will continue to buy again and again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Gorgeous colour, sheer rosy mauve with peachy caramel undertones. As many reviews said, it brightens the face & whitens the teeth. Considering that I'm a warm pale NC20, this might not have worked, but it has enough warmth in the peachy undertones that even if you are a warm toned person, you can still pull this off. It would be perfect .....

But

It hurts my lips. I have dry lips anyway but as soon as I put this on my lips started to peel and flake. I applied more after taking the flakes off, then realized the lipstick itself is parching my lips. I suspect the shimmer although the formula itself may be the problem. I had this happen before with Revlon sheer lipsticks.

The formula may be a problem if you have sensitive skin or super dry lips. Back to Clinique while i heal up.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

So, so good. Definitely my HG lipstick. It's really more of a sheen on me at least, I put it on after applying aquaphor/lip balm and it really holds my natural pinkish-red lip colour while making it look much more polished and put together. It's beautiful, natural, and oh-so perfect for every day wear. I don't find it to be drying at all, it makes my lips feel creamy and plump.

And I got it for only $8 on ebay, with free 1-3 day shipping!

on 1/31/2014 11:44:00 PM

A natural pink with blue sheen.
Great for a natural look for afternoon/evenings.

Quite drying on the lips.

Packaging could be revised. Twisting the case when closed moves the lipstick too.

on 10/16/2013 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The best color ever. It goes well with any makeup, any outfit, and any occasion. It is not too pale, not too boring, not too loud, not too bright, not too light, and not to dark. It is just right.

Although I like this color, I would like to pay less for this. I think it would be hard to find this color anywhere else because it shines differently than other lipsticks.

on 7/27/2013 10:29:00 AM

This is my go-to lipstick. I love it for everyday and it is the one I reach for most often. I love that it is pink but not too bright or too brown. It does have a blue undertone but it is not what I would call a bluish pink - the blue is subtle. It is just fresh and pretty. I also like the formulation in that it is not sticky or thick. Sometimes I put gloss over it and sometimes I don't but it looks great with everything. I will buy it as long as they keep making it.

on 4/21/2013 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my HG MLBB shade. It has beat out my other love, MAC Syrup. I agree with others' descriptions of this shade as being a mauvey-rose with blue iridescence. This lippie really brightens up my face and gives it a look of health. I really like wearing it to work. The formulation is nice; very moisturizing and comfortable to apply. Overall I love it and will be on the hunt for a dupe because I'm less-than-trilled at spending $22 on a lipstick.

on 10/19/2012 12:02:00 PM

From the moment I tried it on at the Lancome counter, the blue/purple tint in this color made my eyes pop and the mauvy/rose shade made my face glow. Now these are the things I look for when purchasing a lipstick!

Goes on smoothly, looks natural, and gives a sheeny finish. Price is reasonable for a high-end brand in my opinion.