Garnier Fructis Body and Volume

2.5

Irritated my scalp.

I don't get the hate. It smells amazing, lathers fantastically, and clears gunk off hair. Pairs well with Triple Moisture conditioner, Moroccan oil serum; any of their leave-ins.
No residue, no weight, no itchy scalp. And smells way better than HE which I do like, but after trying this, I think I'm sticking with it for a while.

To Read all 22 Reviews, Login or Join

I used this several years ago.
My hair tends to become oily throughout the day, and this shampoo makesit workse : it made my hair so oily and flat! It actually made my hair look wet...
Horrible, just horrible.

My mom bought a whole box of this -.- Waste of money

This shampoo sucks! Makes my hair so greasy, oily and flat. Seriously, it looks like I didn't even wash my hair! What the hell? Probably the worst shampoo I have ever used. Do not buy.

I bought this shampoo because Citric acid is the second ingredient and I know that Citric Acid balances the scalp so I figured why not see how long it takes for my hair to get dirty and oily before having to wash it again by trying this shampoo out. Unfortunately, my hair got oilier by the next day. Also, if you do not use the conditioner right after your hair becomes soo dried out you can barely even get your fingers through it. I have had better results with volume and clean hair longer with Vo5 products!

I bought this product along with the conditioner hoping to bring volume and body to my fine hair. After over a week of use and then two weeks no beneficial results were apparent and my forehead was often itchy from my fringe. It dried out my hair and made it feel artificial. The only good things I found was the low price and the attractive packaging.

I did not like this shampoo. I have fine hair, and this made my hair super oily and flat. It also felt like there was alot of buildup, and I had to use a clarifying shampoo for it to feel like normal again. Will not buy again.

Out of all the drugstore shampoos I've used throughout the years, Garnier has been the only one to deliver results. After I had my son a few months ago, my hair started to fall out and lose it's luster. It became very dry and started falling out. I'm sure there's an explanantion for this, but I don't want to waste time getting into it. Anyways, I tried a bunch of different drugstore shampoos (I'm on a budget) and ended up going back to this shampoo. As soon as I started using it again, the shine and body magically came back to my hair. It stopped falling out and became manageable again. For, ref. my hair is fine and shoulder length and I don't have it colored or chemically treated. It's really hard for me to believe this shampoo backs up all of its claims, but the proof is in the pudding. I will continue to repurchase again and again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

What I thought I hated back in the day has now become my very favorite shampoo!! I love it. Really does leave my fine, oily-prone chin length hair looking clean, fresh, and volumized. I recommend it. Will repurchase. But if you are doubtful, here is my backstory, if you are interested:

Once upon a time I had shoulder-length hair. I bought this shampoo back then, probably around September '07. I hated it, it left my locks so flat and blah. I used it just a few times, and then I decided to just stash it away in the back of the closet with all the other shampoos that I tried and didn't like (a lot). I keep them for my husband to use since his hair is so so so short, every shampoo is fine. But I definitely wasn't going to use it!

This summer I went on a bit of a "no-buy" for shampoo since that back-of-the-closet-stash was getting a bit out of control. :P

I've had an inverted chin-length bob since Dec. 07, and recently got it cut so that a lot of the weight was taken out. I tried this shampoo again since I decided to work through the stash this summer, on days where what my hair looked like didnt matter at all. I just wanted to get it clean.
Well, WOW. I thought maybe it was just my hair being short and layered. No. Because when I went to a different shampoo my hair looked flat again. Tried this the next time I shampooed. WOW again!!! Without fail, when I use this shampoo, my hair is so much better!
So, having a good cut helps, obviously, but I am so glad I gave this a another chance. Also, it isnt fading my semipermanent dye any faster than a colorsafe shampoo. PERFECT. The end. :D

It has a good smell, but definitely didn't add any volume to my hair. Would not recommend to anyone looking for volume.

Popular Shampoos