New York Color Ultra Last Lip Wear Air Kiss

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Air Kiss is my HG bright pink lipstick. I bought it at Walmart here in Canada for $1.79. I have almost black hair and fair olive/yellow skin and this color is so perfect, just enough red to veer away from a cool pink (which looks a bit off in me). I'd say it's a bright, neutral hot pink. It also looks killer on my daughter who is slightly cooler and has medium brown hair.

It's creamy, moist, and quite pigmented. I only ever use a single coat and it's ka-chow. Maybe the reviews saying it's sheer and shimmery are from a previous release? Mine doesn't look at all like the swatch picture included here - it's opaquely pigmented with no shimmer - and neither does the packaging. Mine is colored plastic to match the lipstick.

Do pick up a lipstick case for your purse or bag, the lids in this line fall off without cause.

It's gorgeous. Mwaaaah.

Eyes: Violet

Love the color. nice pinky reddish berry. lasts about 4-6 hours on lips.
only complaint is the packaging. This opened up in my purse and made a huge mess.
would repurchase. despite the packaging NYC makes amazing lipsticks

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

love the color, I would buy again. it really does last. you can get it at wall mart for 2 dollars so that's a good deal for a nice lipstick

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very average product, the lipstick wasn't very pigmented and the color was, as another reviewer noted, very 80's. It's a pinkish red, something between a fuchsia and red, but it took multiple applications for it to show up (and I don't have pigmented lips). It wasn't that long lasting. I really really hated the packaging, the cap is very flimsy and I was too afraid it would fall off so I couldn't even bring it with me to reapply during the day. Perhaps I would buy another color, but only if I got it in the USA, I bought this one in an Italian outlet store so it was a bit more expensive.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Coverage and wear are fine, I just don't like the color! Too eighties. I was expecting something more natural.

on 7/9/2012 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This lipstick is too good for .99! It goes perfect with a lipliner I have that is fuchsia...but it doesn't exactly look fuchsia...but its a pinky red color. The lipstick feels really good on. It's very pigmented too. I can't believe it was only a dollar! I love when I find a cheap lipstick that I can love. It doesn't happen often, most end up being frosty or just cheap feeling but I def recommend this. It's rare a cheap lipstick feels looks like an expensive one! There might be a slight scent nothing to much. Someone sensitive might find one, they have to be rather strong before I notice. The packaging is pretty nice to, for it to be so cheap. Def recommend, its only a dollar...

on 11/6/2011 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Best 99 cents I've spent at CVS! A bright pinky-red w/ med. color saturation.I'm a NC 30, blue eyed blonde and this color is perfect for daytime-- brightens my face & teeth. I think the long last finish is a bit of a misnomer. This is not one of those l/s that is matte and wears for 8 hrs. The texture is light and slightly moist. Had to apply a clear balm after 3 hrs. to refresh the finish. I appreciated the lack of fragrance & flavor. Has the slightest amount of shimmer, but nothing too inappropriate that I can not wear it to work. I received more compliments on this l/s than any of my Guerlains, Armani's, or MACS combined!

on 8/24/2010 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Love this color and the way it is bright and yet soft, too. I am a fair skinned blonde and this brightens up my face. It is also feels great on - more like a lip balm which is a big deal with me. Not sticky or heavy at all. And the price? Sheesh. You can't beat it. Definitely worth a try if you can wear cool toned lipstick.

on 12/30/2009 2:23:00 PM

This is a cheap long wear lipstick that you could find for about $1 or $2. In the tube, the colour looks like a pinky-toned red, but it comes out as a very sheer hot pink on your lips. The colour is buildable and easily blendable to create a more opaque or intense lip look, but I personally found it too drying. Also, I have never been a fan of lipsticks, and this colour does not flatter my ultra-pale skin.

on 10/6/2009 9:18:00 PM

NYC Lipsticks are amazing. Moist, creamy, doesn't accentuate flakiness... I love 'em.

Air Kiss looked like a dark pink in the tube, but is actually more of a toned-down hot pink. Very pretty on, and one coat is good for everyday. A few more is perfect for going out. And it was less than $2. Yes, please.