GUERLAIN Issima Success Eye

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

On the hunt for a new eye cream, I had been using Chanel Rectifiance and Eye lift. I have one sort of droopy eye lid, and the other swells up if I even think about it. A cream that lifts is going to decongest and not puff up, Sublimage Eye gave me the puffiest eyes, as did many others I tested. This product does lift a little the droppy skin and makes that eye look almost like the other eye, and as for the puffy eye, well, I have blepharia but instead of resorting to the antibiotic right away, I tried the cream (contrary to what I usually do which is not put any cream) and the swelling went down over some hours so the irritation stopped. By the morning, it was back, so I will reapply. I figured as a decongestant, it should depuff rather well, which it does, and it is the only product that lifted and kept it there for the day. I am really happy with this product and since it comes in a jar, I don't have to go crazy trying to get every last little bit out of a tube (although Chanel pumps are amazing - side note). Very expensive, but if it works, it is worth it to me. Anything to keep looking fresh and nice!

UPDATE: Well, I have been struggling with my eyes for a month now. Thought it was the mascara, the allergy season, the eye shadow, you name it, I thought it. But then, I didn't use my sample eye tech for a couple of days for some reason and used my Chanel Rectifiance Intense Eye and instantly felt a calming sensation. The last two days my eyes have felt wonderful. This morning, I used Success Eye again, and voila, ouch. So it is the eye cream. Wah! Back it goes. Good thing I only used the sample, so the product I bought is still sealed so they can't argue about taking it back.

This is a pretty good product with a lovely texture, and I would be purchasing it again had I not found an even better performer for my age group in the Shiseido Future Solution Eye and Lip Care.

Not too keen on Guerlain packaging though..it's a bit naff whilst trying to be 'posh' :(

I love this eye cream! I've been using this for 2 years now. I'm not sure if it did anything for my dark circles nor help with puffiness as I haven't really noticed a significant change but it sure does firm my eyelids! It's what I mainly look for in an eye cream anyway 'cause I have asian eyes with lids that have started to get a little saggy. :/ It also does a good job of moisturizing without leaving my lids oily, doesn't irritate my eyes at all, nor do I wake up with puffy eyes as some eye creams do when I put them on my lids at night. I've tried other eye creams but I always come back to this! This can also be used as a mask too which I haven't tried, but will do once I have the time and actually remember to do so, lol. I would prefer this to be in a pump bottle or a tube rather than a jar but nevertheless I would still repurchase over and over again. :)

Here is the list of ingredients:
aqua (water), butylene glycol, propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, squalene, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycerin, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, steareth-21, glyceryl hydroxystearate, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, steralkonium hectorite, steareth-2, stearic acid, palmitic acid, phenoxyethanol, metylparaben, chlorphenesin, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ protein, polyacrylamide, dimethicone, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, c13-14 isoparaffin, propylene glycol, tetrasodium edta, xanthan gum, magnesium aspartate, tromethamine, carbomer, acrylates/c10-30, alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, butylparaben, ethylparaben, laureth-7, sodium hyaluronate, ceramide 3, pisum sativum (pea extract), caprylic/capric/succinic triglyceride, polysorbate 20, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, fagus sylvatica (extract), sodium citrate, vitis vinifera (grape seed extract), potassium sorbate, bertholletia excelsa (extract), plankton extract, potentilla erecta (root extract), gold, scutellaria baicalensis (root extract), palmitoyl pentapeptide-3.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this super expensive eye cream after reading several reviews of this puppy online, only to find that IT DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!! Didn't really seem to moisturize my eyes, and honestly, i actually think it created another wrinkle under my eyes! For the price, i would say opt for something else.

Have been using it for 6 months or so but regret to say that I don't see any difference at all. None.

Best eye cream out there for lifting eye lids. Doesn't work as well on wrinkles under the eye so I save it just for the eye lids and use a different cream underneath. Worth every penny because it works.

This product really did what it claims---lifting the eyelids and make ur eyes look bigger.
I got a huge sample and several little samples and they last for almost 10 months now. This is by far the best and the only working eye treatment I bought.

definitely my HG eye cream for my lids - it has made a dramatic difference to the skin and they are definitely tighter. Only gave it 4 lippies though as it has done nothing to the lines under my eyes and I have been using it for 3 months now. Although it is expensive and a tiny pot I think I will easily get another 5/6 months out of it!

im 34 and over the last year or so noticed a sagging on my upper eye lids.It caused me much heartache searching out creams that did absolutely NOTHING.I came across the reviews on mua for this cream and parted with my money,and im so glad.Although it is expensive i paid 80euro for 15ml it is the best cream i have used.I notice a slight lift in my upper eyelids nothing drastic but a lift none the less,more than can be said for other creams,at least it lifts.Under eye area the lines are fainter.If the results stay the same as this and i have no problems with it i will continue to repurchase this over and over again.Im very happy it has given my eyelids a slight lift and although its expensive i would recommend it to anyone with eyelid problems to at least try it.

I have small Asian eyes that have begun to get droopier as I age. After reading the reviews, I thought I'd try this to see if I got the "lift" that everyone was raving about. Unfortunately, I don't see much change at all. It is a very nice silky feeling cream, and doesn't cause milia bumps. But for the price it's not worth it.