Smashbox Arched Liner #21

Smashbox Arched Liner #21

3.8

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this brush in a Smashbox eyeliner palette so I can't comment on the price or the packaging. I wouldn't buy this only because the bristles splayed and I find even before that happened I had trouble getting a very thin line with this brush. It's pretty floppy. Although it might be my technique, I don't think it is. That said, this is my favorite eyeliner brush currently in my collection only because it's slanted. I'm so glad I got to try out one like this because it's made me want to buy others in this same style - it makes applying cream eyeliners SO easy! So yeah, I can't complain!

If my review helped you, click yes below!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Easy to manuever---at firdt it feel weird, especially when being acustomed to flat angled brush.ALSO, this brush is great for fine,precise lines

on 12/6/2008 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I use this brush to line my eyes with mac's fluidline and i love it! It's so easy to use. I accidentally broke mine and was so sad but i actually like it better now because the handle is smaller. I would definitely buy again.

on 3/17/2008 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I had the same liner brush that was not slanted and loved it but my dog chewed it up so I had to get a new one so I got this in one of the smashbox kits. I gotta say, this is an amazing liner! its so easy to apply because I can see where I am applying due to the angle of the brush. It also makes it easier to create the corner flick at the edge of the eye! LOVE this brush as with all other smashbox brushes.

on 11/14/2007 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this brush. It means everything to me! I NEVER get back ups of brushes, however, this is the one exception I have. This brush is THE BEST for applying eyeliner. I've had my same one for a year and it has not splayed at all, unlike the BeneFit Get Bent brush. The angled feature of the brush makes it such a DREAM to put on, I love it. Load product on the very tip of the brush to make a thinner line, or load the entire brush and pat is flat for a broader line. Cat eyes are a BREEZE with this. The quality is great, I have no idea what the bristles are made of, but the wood is nice and sturdy, has a nice weight to it, and the paint stays on perfectly. Wonderful! Will buy over and over and over, although there is no need to replace the brush.

A great price at $20, considering the quality, however, the second brush I have I got through the Master's Class set, which was $60 for three brushes, two cream liners, two eyeshadow trios, and a mascara!

on 11/12/2006 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this brush! While technically it is meant to be used to apply Smashbox's gel liner to the inner eye rim, I use it just to apply my gel eye liner in general and for that there is nothing better. The angle of the brush allows one to apply the perfect line just along the lashes. It cleans up nicely and the hairs do not fall out with wear and tear. Being very near sighted, the only thing that I would change would be to offer a shorter handle version so I could get a little closer to the mirror for application. Like most of Smashbox's brushes, it is expensive at $20.00. While I would buy this product again, Taklon makes a Bent Eyeliner brush (#217) that is only $9.99 and at www.makeupmania.com, I can find the exact short handle brush I want ( Bent Eyeliner, Item #ER-0008-01-001) for only $4.75! In fact, I recommend that everyone check out the Make up Mania site, you can find just about anything from make up to wigs for everyone, including ethnic races and the prices are amazing. It is a GREAT site!

on 9/10/2006 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have to agree with this. This brush is designed to work with their new gel liner for lining the inner rims. I found it difficult and awkward to use. I couldnt get a straight line. SImiliar to the Benefit Get Bent liner brush. This retails for $20 and has the standard red handle. THe quality is nice but I cant use it at all.

on 9/9/2006 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is among the worst high-end makeup brushes I've ever bought. I don't always expect much from drugstore or low-end makeup brushes however I do expect good quality from higher-end lines such as Smashbox.

This brush is supposed to be for lining the inner rim with ease... but let me be the first reviewer to state there is nothing easy about using this brush.

The bristles are long and there's only a few of them so you'd think it would be easy to get a smooth, fluid line. But I find the angle of the ferrul to be a bit awkward... and half-way thru finishing my first eye, the bristles started splaying.

This one is definitely going back.
continued >>