Smashbox Arched Liner #21

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Smashbox Arched Liner #21

3.0

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow, I do not get the good reviews on this. I have tried them ALL, LM, Chanel, Dior (worst), Sephora, etc. and the BEST for a tight line is Studio Gear! I can't believe it either but it may be do to taste, I wanted really firm, compact and very pointed bristles and that is what the SG one gives me at a reasonable price. I even bought two, as I am so used to these splaying. The smashbox will splay and I can't understand why anyone would want to use it, other than it does have he arch and I like that (SG does too).

on 4/21/2011 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

By far this is the best eyeliner brush I have used and I have used many including all of MACs. This brush gets me a beautiful winged line everytime with no errors. Its expensive at $20 but a great brush. You will never use another brush again.

on 5/1/2010 9:57:00 PM

Like many ladies, I bought this brush to apply the Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner as that is the brush recommended by Smashbox and I had seen it used on QVC. Sadly, the brush was garbage - absolute garbage for $20.

To be fair, the first time I used the brush/liner I was in awe. It was fairly easy to use and my eyes popped. I thought to myself, "I am going to wear this liner every-single-day!" But that was not meant to be. After using the brush only a few times, I found that the fine point the bristles came to was gone. After a few more times using the brush, I found that the bristles splayed more and more. I tried in vain to reshape the brush but could not get it back to its original self. When I tried to use it with the splayed bristles I got an untidy line around my eyes at best.

Frustrated, I returned the brush to Sephora and bought three more brushes by the Sephora brand as they were less expensive. I am currently using brush #17. It's not great but it gets the job done - and for only $11.

I couldn't live without this eyeliner brush. I've never had a problem taking a pencil to my lower line. However, I never could quite master my top lid with a pencil, liquid, or regular brush. I would always try to practice in hopes of perfecting it, but never did. When I found this brush, I was just like "omg I have to try it!!". And I am SO glad that I did. I use it along with the jet set cream/gel eyeliner, and it could not be easier. The arch in it really just makes it the perfect angle to glide on smoothly. If you're eyeliner challenged like I was, please try this. You'll be seriously pleased.

on 6/28/2007 3:34:00 AM

I haven't had this brush a long time, so I can't comment on if it will wear well. But, I love the ease of use--it provides so much more control than other eyeliner brushes I have used. I have tried it with both cream and gel liners and you can get a nice thin line. I'm near sighted and with this I can see what I am doing so much better. I really prefer bent[arched] liner brushes!

on 6/10/2007 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I seem to be ;having difficulty with this brush. I purchased this as a kit from QVC. And, I love the product, but, the brush seems to be deterioiating and it has only been a couple of weeks. The fibers no longer form a point and seem to be pointing in different directions. I am trying to train them to form a point again. I wonder about the quality of some of these products form Smashbox.

Popular Makeup Brushes