Smashbox Arched Liner #21

Smashbox Arched Liner #21

3.7

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this brush in a Smashbox eyeliner palette so I can't comment on the price or the packaging. I wouldn't buy this only because the bristles splayed and I find even before that happened I had trouble getting a very thin line with this brush. It's pretty floppy. Although it might be my technique, I don't think it is. That said, this is my favorite eyeliner brush currently in my collection only because it's slanted. I'm so glad I got to try out one like this because it's made me want to buy others in this same style - it makes applying cream eyeliners SO easy! So yeah, I can't complain!

If my review helped you, click yes below!

on 11/30/2011 1:36:00 AM

This brush makes lining with cream liner quick and simple!

One downfall that people might associate with a natural hair eyeliner brush is bristles splaying out. But I found that I didn't need to worry about that much. Because you are essentially adhering the bristles to each other by coating it with cream eyeliner, it doesn't matter if the bristles are splayed out since you are going to get a thin tip anyway when you get product on the brush. None of the bristles in my brush have fallen out, but I can see how that might happen of you pull on the bristles to get dried liner off when cleaning your brush. I find that rolling the brush in the palm of your hand with soap cleanser of choice is best for cleansing.

The brush works well to create a thin line on the upper lash line. Depending on how much pressure you apply, the line's width can change. Another factor that helps application is the angled head of the brush. The angle helps you angle the tip along your eye.

The only thing I have to complain about with this brush is that because the tip is a pointed tip with longer bristles than you would find in a flat liner brush, you have to take care to not apply too much pressure when trying to get product on your brush - especially if your pot of cream liner is not as soft and creamy as when you first got it. The bristles might bend. Therefore you sort of have to get the entire tip of the brush into the liner which ends up making a mess on the black part of the brush.

on 6/25/2011 11:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

If you want to have thin line, stay away from this brush. It applies thick eye liner well. Overall, I don't like it that much. Will not recommend it.

on 9/9/2009 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like the idea of this brush, but can't get past the quality. Maybe i got a bad batch, but the bristles on mine poof/spray out at the end making a fine line impossible. All I get is a thick line on my eye with this. I much prefer my MUFE 2S brush over this one. It is also scratchy.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Awesome brush, its my favourite eyeline brush. Makes lining a breeze. You can choose to point the arc down or up, depending on your comfort. Has held up well so far for the past year. I use it with BB and Smashbox gel liner. (Sidenote: Don't like the Smashbox gel liner tho, its too dry.)

on 6/20/2009 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was the very first eyeliner brush I ever bought when I first started using gel eyeliners three years ago. I love Smashbox brushes and this one is no exception. Some eyeliner brushes are either so floppy that I had no control and ended up smearing liner all over no control or so stiff that I've actually scratched up my lash line. Not this brush. It's soft and pliable yet firm enough to draw a fine line. I highly recommend this brush for anyone looking for a bent liner brush. I find brushes with longer handles easier to work with than the short-handled brushes, espcially when you're doing precision work like lining. That's just me preference though.

I highly recommend this brush over the other bent liner brushes (BeneFit, Stila, BE) if you're looking for a bent liner brush. Although the very tip of the brushes started to curl just the tiniest bit after a couple of years, this brush holds up very well. The only reason I no longer use this brush is because I've found that I prefer an unbent liner brush now that I've gotten the hang of working with gel liners. With an arched liner brush, you can only hold the brush one way when working with an eye. Instead of redipping my brush in liner, I prefer to turn the brush to use the other side when I'm trying to line my eyes. That's just my preference and you can't work that way with a bent liner brush.

on 11/14/2007 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this brush. It means everything to me! I NEVER get back ups of brushes, however, this is the one exception I have. This brush is THE BEST for applying eyeliner. I've had my same one for a year and it has not splayed at all, unlike the BeneFit Get Bent brush. The angled feature of the brush makes it such a DREAM to put on, I love it. Load product on the very tip of the brush to make a thinner line, or load the entire brush and pat is flat for a broader line. Cat eyes are a BREEZE with this. The quality is great, I have no idea what the bristles are made of, but the wood is nice and sturdy, has a nice weight to it, and the paint stays on perfectly. Wonderful! Will buy over and over and over, although there is no need to replace the brush.

A great price at $20, considering the quality, however, the second brush I have I got through the Master's Class set, which was $60 for three brushes, two cream liners, two eyeshadow trios, and a mascara!