Smashbox Arched Liner #21

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Smashbox Arched Liner #21

4.5

on 11/30/2011 1:36:00 AM

This brush makes lining with cream liner quick and simple!

One downfall that people might associate with a natural hair eyeliner brush is bristles splaying out. But I found that I didn't need to worry about that much. Because you are essentially adhering the bristles to each other by coating it with cream eyeliner, it doesn't matter if the bristles are splayed out since you are going to get a thin tip anyway when you get product on the brush. None of the bristles in my brush have fallen out, but I can see how that might happen of you pull on the bristles to get dried liner off when cleaning your brush. I find that rolling the brush in the palm of your hand with soap cleanser of choice is best for cleansing.

The brush works well to create a thin line on the upper lash line. Depending on how much pressure you apply, the line's width can change. Another factor that helps application is the angled head of the brush. The angle helps you angle the tip along your eye.

The only thing I have to complain about with this brush is that because the tip is a pointed tip with longer bristles than you would find in a flat liner brush, you have to take care to not apply too much pressure when trying to get product on your brush - especially if your pot of cream liner is not as soft and creamy as when you first got it. The bristles might bend. Therefore you sort of have to get the entire tip of the brush into the liner which ends up making a mess on the black part of the brush.

on 8/23/2011 10:22:00 AM

I'm having a hard time applying lash line and got to watch a youtube video using an arched liner brush. It seemed to make application easy so I was convinced I need to buy one.

This is the best liner brush for me. It made application so easy.
It allows you to control the strokes well and reach corners of your inner eye w/o obstructing vision :) That way, you can see if you're lining correctly. Plus, I love the fine pointed bristles.
I clean it with a brush cleaner. Just spray the cleaner, wipe it with paper/cloth towel then it's good to store.
The only thing I don't like is the price. It's expensive. So I am expecting it will last long so it will be worth it.