Smashbox Arched Liner #21

Filtered by hair type : Other
Smashbox Arched Liner #21

3.0

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best eyeliner brush ever! I love bent liner brushes! This one is pretty and it makes doing a winged line oh so easy! I think it's worth the money! If you treat it right it last a long time! I feel if I let it dry with a little liner on it it kinda hardens it a tiny bit and when I apply it I can get a cleaner line. Weird I know.

on 10/26/2011 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I was always skeptical about the utility of an arced liner brush (BeneFit has had one for years), but I'm now a believer. I received a mini version of this brush in a swap for a Smashbox liner palette, and decided to use it with the kit instead of one of my (many) other liner brushes. Wow! This gives incredible control with cream or gel liner. I used to hate lining my eyes because it was always a crapshoot--I rarely got the effect I wanted (thin at the inner corner, thickening to the outer). I can do that perfectly with this brush. I've washed this several times (after each use) and have not had problems with the hairs splaying (so far). I plan to buy the full-sized version of this little gem. Recommended!

on 5/1/2010 9:57:00 PM

Like many ladies, I bought this brush to apply the Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner as that is the brush recommended by Smashbox and I had seen it used on QVC. Sadly, the brush was garbage - absolute garbage for $20.

To be fair, the first time I used the brush/liner I was in awe. It was fairly easy to use and my eyes popped. I thought to myself, "I am going to wear this liner every-single-day!" But that was not meant to be. After using the brush only a few times, I found that the fine point the bristles came to was gone. After a few more times using the brush, I found that the bristles splayed more and more. I tried in vain to reshape the brush but could not get it back to its original self. When I tried to use it with the splayed bristles I got an untidy line around my eyes at best.

Frustrated, I returned the brush to Sephora and bought three more brushes by the Sephora brand as they were less expensive. I am currently using brush #17. It's not great but it gets the job done - and for only $11.

on 4/17/2010 2:40:00 AM

i do like this brush and it is very precise however, you can buy the same brush from coastal scents for less than half the cost.

on 3/25/2010 10:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I loved the beautiful, precise line I could get from using this brush. However, I think I got a defective brush because the bristles splayed out after one wash. (Washed very gently and carefully with mild shampoo). I'm going to exchange this brush for another one. Hopefully, the bristles will stay pointed.

on 7/7/2009 5:10:00 PM

It's ok for a fine line, but the tip is a bit hairy, i.e. bristles poke out on all sides. Also, maybe I'm doing it wrong, but boy does this itch/sting/hurt when i tightline or do my waterline with this. A flat brush like NARS smudge brush is more comfortable for this. So its ok, not great. There are likely better bent eyeliner brushes out there.

I bought this as part of the Masters Eye kit something or another. I was so disappointed. Not only were the bristles too flimsy and long, they also fell out after a couple of washes. I was not harsh with them, I take care of my brushes. For a name like Smashbox they really let me down on this one.

Popular Makeup Brushes