Smashbox Arched Liner #21

Smashbox Arched Liner #21

3.9

on 6/20/2009 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was the very first eyeliner brush I ever bought when I first started using gel eyeliners three years ago. I love Smashbox brushes and this one is no exception. Some eyeliner brushes are either so floppy that I had no control and ended up smearing liner all over no control or so stiff that I've actually scratched up my lash line. Not this brush. It's soft and pliable yet firm enough to draw a fine line. I highly recommend this brush for anyone looking for a bent liner brush. I find brushes with longer handles easier to work with than the short-handled brushes, espcially when you're doing precision work like lining. That's just me preference though.

I highly recommend this brush over the other bent liner brushes (BeneFit, Stila, BE) if you're looking for a bent liner brush. Although the very tip of the brushes started to curl just the tiniest bit after a couple of years, this brush holds up very well. The only reason I no longer use this brush is because I've found that I prefer an unbent liner brush now that I've gotten the hang of working with gel liners. With an arched liner brush, you can only hold the brush one way when working with an eye. Instead of redipping my brush in liner, I prefer to turn the brush to use the other side when I'm trying to line my eyes. That's just my preference and you can't work that way with a bent liner brush.

on 5/1/2010 9:57:00 PM

Like many ladies, I bought this brush to apply the Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner as that is the brush recommended by Smashbox and I had seen it used on QVC. Sadly, the brush was garbage - absolute garbage for $20.

To be fair, the first time I used the brush/liner I was in awe. It was fairly easy to use and my eyes popped. I thought to myself, "I am going to wear this liner every-single-day!" But that was not meant to be. After using the brush only a few times, I found that the fine point the bristles came to was gone. After a few more times using the brush, I found that the bristles splayed more and more. I tried in vain to reshape the brush but could not get it back to its original self. When I tried to use it with the splayed bristles I got an untidy line around my eyes at best.

Frustrated, I returned the brush to Sephora and bought three more brushes by the Sephora brand as they were less expensive. I am currently using brush #17. It's not great but it gets the job done - and for only $11.

I couldn't live without this eyeliner brush. I've never had a problem taking a pencil to my lower line. However, I never could quite master my top lid with a pencil, liquid, or regular brush. I would always try to practice in hopes of perfecting it, but never did. When I found this brush, I was just like "omg I have to try it!!". And I am SO glad that I did. I use it along with the jet set cream/gel eyeliner, and it could not be easier. The arch in it really just makes it the perfect angle to glide on smoothly. If you're eyeliner challenged like I was, please try this. You'll be seriously pleased.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow, I do not get the good reviews on this. I have tried them ALL, LM, Chanel, Dior (worst), Sephora, etc. and the BEST for a tight line is Studio Gear! I can't believe it either but it may be do to taste, I wanted really firm, compact and very pointed bristles and that is what the SG one gives me at a reasonable price. I even bought two, as I am so used to these splaying. The smashbox will splay and I can't understand why anyone would want to use it, other than it does have he arch and I like that (SG does too).

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best eyeliner brush ever! I love bent liner brushes! This one is pretty and it makes doing a winged line oh so easy! I think it's worth the money! If you treat it right it last a long time! I feel if I let it dry with a little liner on it it kinda hardens it a tiny bit and when I apply it I can get a cleaner line. Weird I know.

on 10/26/2011 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I was always skeptical about the utility of an arced liner brush (BeneFit has had one for years), but I'm now a believer. I received a mini version of this brush in a swap for a Smashbox liner palette, and decided to use it with the kit instead of one of my (many) other liner brushes. Wow! This gives incredible control with cream or gel liner. I used to hate lining my eyes because it was always a crapshoot--I rarely got the effect I wanted (thin at the inner corner, thickening to the outer). I can do that perfectly with this brush. I've washed this several times (after each use) and have not had problems with the hairs splaying (so far). I plan to buy the full-sized version of this little gem. Recommended!

on 10/22/2011 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Liquid or gel eyeliner used to be unwearable because my hands shook and I couldn't draw a straight line. The shape of this brush allows for perfect application.

on 7/22/2011 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this special angled liner brush is easy to draw a smooth liner. Love it.
Probably the best eye liner brush I ever had.

However if you are skillful about eye liner it really doesn't that matter what kind eye liner brush, I can get a smooth effect from a cheap E.L.F or Urban Decay liner brush.
So I only got one so far not feel necessary to spend so much to buy more. I like to have lot of dirty brushes and wash them all at once so I have lot of less expensive ones. But for a beginner, I definitely recommend this one.

on 3/15/2011 7:00:00 PM

The Smashbox Jet Set Liner was my first gel eyeliner ever and I bought this brush along with it. Personally, I really like the arced head because it allows me to get into little corners that my MAC slanted brush could not. However, the brush was a little more stiff at the beginning for use, but after a while, it got so soft I could hardly even apply the eyeliner. I was a little disappointed when I feel it getting softer and softer. I'd prefer another arced brush with stiffer hair. I felt like it was a waste of money but it was good to at least try it.

on 11/15/2010 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I happen to like this brush. I bought it with my jet set liner & use it to apply the liner on my waterline. It's easy to use & the arch helps with getting in there. I like the small, fine tip however when I first got it the tip had a finer & stiffer point. Over time & the subsequent washes it has undergone have caused the tip to lose its stiffness & its shape a little. But it still works perfectly fine & I'd repurchase because I find it to be the perfect shape for waterline lining

Popular Makeup Brushes