Smashbox Arched Liner #21

Smashbox Arched Liner #21

4.8

on 6/20/2009 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was the very first eyeliner brush I ever bought when I first started using gel eyeliners three years ago. I love Smashbox brushes and this one is no exception. Some eyeliner brushes are either so floppy that I had no control and ended up smearing liner all over no control or so stiff that I've actually scratched up my lash line. Not this brush. It's soft and pliable yet firm enough to draw a fine line. I highly recommend this brush for anyone looking for a bent liner brush. I find brushes with longer handles easier to work with than the short-handled brushes, espcially when you're doing precision work like lining. That's just me preference though.

I highly recommend this brush over the other bent liner brushes (BeneFit, Stila, BE) if you're looking for a bent liner brush. Although the very tip of the brushes started to curl just the tiniest bit after a couple of years, this brush holds up very well. The only reason I no longer use this brush is because I've found that I prefer an unbent liner brush now that I've gotten the hang of working with gel liners. With an arched liner brush, you can only hold the brush one way when working with an eye. Instead of redipping my brush in liner, I prefer to turn the brush to use the other side when I'm trying to line my eyes. That's just my preference and you can't work that way with a bent liner brush.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Easy to manuever---at firdt it feel weird, especially when being acustomed to flat angled brush.ALSO, this brush is great for fine,precise lines

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Awesome brush, its my favourite eyeline brush. Makes lining a breeze. You can choose to point the arc down or up, depending on your comfort. Has held up well so far for the past year. I use it with BB and Smashbox gel liner. (Sidenote: Don't like the Smashbox gel liner tho, its too dry.)

on 3/16/2009 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this brush. This is probably one of my top brushes that is a MUST have. I use this to apply my MAC fluidline blacktrack and my first time using this I was amazed on how it naturally glided across my eyelid! The arched form of the brush is definitely a plus, it gives you that control when applying your eyeliner. I have tried switching to the regular straight fine tip eyeliner brush to see the difference and I prefer using this arched wayyy better <333

on 1/17/2009 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this with a Smashbox eye kit a couple of years ago and never used it. I was going through my brush stash and rediscovered it. I love this brush. It is wonderful for putting on gel eyeliner. I also like that the Smashbox brushes are red. I think it makes them a little more fun than black brushes.

on 12/6/2008 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I use this brush to line my eyes with mac's fluidline and i love it! It's so easy to use. I accidentally broke mine and was so sad but i actually like it better now because the handle is smaller. I would definitely buy again.

on 3/17/2008 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I had the same liner brush that was not slanted and loved it but my dog chewed it up so I had to get a new one so I got this in one of the smashbox kits. I gotta say, this is an amazing liner! its so easy to apply because I can see where I am applying due to the angle of the brush. It also makes it easier to create the corner flick at the edge of the eye! LOVE this brush as with all other smashbox brushes.

the only brush i use for liner anymore. since i discovered it i will not use anything but this brush. it gives you a precise line and you have so much more control than a pencil, liquid liner or any other brush for tha matter. it's easy to extend the eyeliner to make the little "wings" on the side which i love and do just about every day. try this brush and the jetset or cream liner, you'll love it! this brush is a great investment and reasonabley priced.

on 11/12/2006 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this brush! While technically it is meant to be used to apply Smashbox's gel liner to the inner eye rim, I use it just to apply my gel eye liner in general and for that there is nothing better. The angle of the brush allows one to apply the perfect line just along the lashes. It cleans up nicely and the hairs do not fall out with wear and tear. Being very near sighted, the only thing that I would change would be to offer a shorter handle version so I could get a little closer to the mirror for application. Like most of Smashbox's brushes, it is expensive at $20.00. While I would buy this product again, Taklon makes a Bent Eyeliner brush (#217) that is only $9.99 and at www.makeupmania.com, I can find the exact short handle brush I want ( Bent Eyeliner, Item #ER-0008-01-001) for only $4.75! In fact, I recommend that everyone check out the Make up Mania site, you can find just about anything from make up to wigs for everyone, including ethnic races and the prices are amazing. It is a GREAT site!

Popular Makeup Brushes