Smashbox Arched Liner #21

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Smashbox Arched Liner #21

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow, I do not get the good reviews on this. I have tried them ALL, LM, Chanel, Dior (worst), Sephora, etc. and the BEST for a tight line is Studio Gear! I can't believe it either but it may be do to taste, I wanted really firm, compact and very pointed bristles and that is what the SG one gives me at a reasonable price. I even bought two, as I am so used to these splaying. The smashbox will splay and I can't understand why anyone would want to use it, other than it does have he arch and I like that (SG does too).

on 10/26/2011 1:20:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I was always skeptical about the utility of an arced liner brush (BeneFit has had one for years), but I'm now a believer. I received a mini version of this brush in a swap for a Smashbox liner palette, and decided to use it with the kit instead of one of my (many) other liner brushes. Wow! This gives incredible control with cream or gel liner. I used to hate lining my eyes because it was always a crapshoot--I rarely got the effect I wanted (thin at the inner corner, thickening to the outer). I can do that perfectly with this brush. I've washed this several times (after each use) and have not had problems with the hairs splaying (so far). I plan to buy the full-sized version of this little gem. Recommended!

on 7/22/2011 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this special angled liner brush is easy to draw a smooth liner. Love it.
Probably the best eye liner brush I ever had.

However if you are skillful about eye liner it really doesn't that matter what kind eye liner brush, I can get a smooth effect from a cheap E.L.F or Urban Decay liner brush.
So I only got one so far not feel necessary to spend so much to buy more. I like to have lot of dirty brushes and wash them all at once so I have lot of less expensive ones. But for a beginner, I definitely recommend this one.

on 4/21/2011 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

By far this is the best eyeliner brush I have used and I have used many including all of MACs. This brush gets me a beautiful winged line everytime with no errors. Its expensive at $20 but a great brush. You will never use another brush again.

I like this brush but I'm not in love with it. It works really well for applying cream eyeliner with great precision, I love how it's arched and everything - but it tends to get some strayaways (mine is brand new and already has stray brush hairs putting eyeliner in placed where it shouldn't). I will probably keep using it but I wouldn't buy it again.

Edit: OK, I'm adding one lippie - it kinda grew on me... ;)

on 11/6/2006 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have to disagree with the other reviewers. This is a great brush for use with MAC Fluidlines, Bobbi Brown etc. It has a very fine, firm point which picks upthe right amount of product. The best feature is the angle of the brush which makes it more flexible than a straight handled liner. I can line my upper and lower lids perfectly, with no annoying gaps. I've been using it for about a month and have cleaned it with baby shampoo and or MAC brush cleaner and have not had any problems with the bristles splaying. It may take a few tries to get the hang of using it but the results are work the effort.

Popular Makeup Brushes