Smashbox Arched Liner #21

Smashbox Arched Liner #21

3.9

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow, I do not get the good reviews on this. I have tried them ALL, LM, Chanel, Dior (worst), Sephora, etc. and the BEST for a tight line is Studio Gear! I can't believe it either but it may be do to taste, I wanted really firm, compact and very pointed bristles and that is what the SG one gives me at a reasonable price. I even bought two, as I am so used to these splaying. The smashbox will splay and I can't understand why anyone would want to use it, other than it does have he arch and I like that (SG does too).

on 5/1/2010 9:57:00 PM

Like many ladies, I bought this brush to apply the Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner as that is the brush recommended by Smashbox and I had seen it used on QVC. Sadly, the brush was garbage - absolute garbage for $20.

To be fair, the first time I used the brush/liner I was in awe. It was fairly easy to use and my eyes popped. I thought to myself, "I am going to wear this liner every-single-day!" But that was not meant to be. After using the brush only a few times, I found that the fine point the bristles came to was gone. After a few more times using the brush, I found that the bristles splayed more and more. I tried in vain to reshape the brush but could not get it back to its original self. When I tried to use it with the splayed bristles I got an untidy line around my eyes at best.

Frustrated, I returned the brush to Sephora and bought three more brushes by the Sephora brand as they were less expensive. I am currently using brush #17. It's not great but it gets the job done - and for only $11.

on 9/9/2006 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is among the worst high-end makeup brushes I've ever bought. I don't always expect much from drugstore or low-end makeup brushes however I do expect good quality from higher-end lines such as Smashbox.

This brush is supposed to be for lining the inner rim with ease... but let me be the first reviewer to state there is nothing easy about using this brush.

The bristles are long and there's only a few of them so you'd think it would be easy to get a smooth, fluid line. But I find the angle of the ferrul to be a bit awkward... and half-way thru finishing my first eye, the bristles started splaying.

This one is definitely going back.
continued >>

on 6/25/2011 11:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

If you want to have thin line, stay away from this brush. It applies thick eye liner well. Overall, I don't like it that much. Will not recommend it.

on 3/25/2010 10:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I loved the beautiful, precise line I could get from using this brush. However, I think I got a defective brush because the bristles splayed out after one wash. (Washed very gently and carefully with mild shampoo). I'm going to exchange this brush for another one. Hopefully, the bristles will stay pointed.

I bought this as part of the Masters Eye kit something or another. I was so disappointed. Not only were the bristles too flimsy and long, they also fell out after a couple of washes. I was not harsh with them, I take care of my brushes. For a name like Smashbox they really let me down on this one.

on 6/10/2007 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I seem to be ;having difficulty with this brush. I purchased this as a kit from QVC. And, I love the product, but, the brush seems to be deterioiating and it has only been a couple of weeks. The fibers no longer form a point and seem to be pointing in different directions. I am trying to train them to form a point again. I wonder about the quality of some of these products form Smashbox.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have to agree with this. This brush is designed to work with their new gel liner for lining the inner rims. I found it difficult and awkward to use. I couldnt get a straight line. SImiliar to the Benefit Get Bent liner brush. This retails for $20 and has the standard red handle. THe quality is nice but I cant use it at all.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this brush in a Smashbox eyeliner palette so I can't comment on the price or the packaging. I wouldn't buy this only because the bristles splayed and I find even before that happened I had trouble getting a very thin line with this brush. It's pretty floppy. Although it might be my technique, I don't think it is. That said, this is my favorite eyeliner brush currently in my collection only because it's slanted. I'm so glad I got to try out one like this because it's made me want to buy others in this same style - it makes applying cream eyeliners SO easy! So yeah, I can't complain!

If my review helped you, click yes below!

on 3/15/2011 7:00:00 PM

The Smashbox Jet Set Liner was my first gel eyeliner ever and I bought this brush along with it. Personally, I really like the arced head because it allows me to get into little corners that my MAC slanted brush could not. However, the brush was a little more stiff at the beginning for use, but after a while, it got so soft I could hardly even apply the eyeliner. I was a little disappointed when I feel it getting softer and softer. I'd prefer another arced brush with stiffer hair. I felt like it was a waste of money but it was good to at least try it.

Popular Makeup Brushes