Smashbox Arched Liner #21

Smashbox Arched Liner #21

3.9

on 9/9/2006 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is among the worst high-end makeup brushes I've ever bought. I don't always expect much from drugstore or low-end makeup brushes however I do expect good quality from higher-end lines such as Smashbox.

This brush is supposed to be for lining the inner rim with ease... but let me be the first reviewer to state there is nothing easy about using this brush.

The bristles are long and there's only a few of them so you'd think it would be easy to get a smooth, fluid line. But I find the angle of the ferrul to be a bit awkward... and half-way thru finishing my first eye, the bristles started splaying.

This one is definitely going back.
continued >>

on 9/10/2006 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have to agree with this. This brush is designed to work with their new gel liner for lining the inner rims. I found it difficult and awkward to use. I couldnt get a straight line. SImiliar to the Benefit Get Bent liner brush. This retails for $20 and has the standard red handle. THe quality is nice but I cant use it at all.

on 11/6/2006 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have to disagree with the other reviewers. This is a great brush for use with MAC Fluidlines, Bobbi Brown etc. It has a very fine, firm point which picks upthe right amount of product. The best feature is the angle of the brush which makes it more flexible than a straight handled liner. I can line my upper and lower lids perfectly, with no annoying gaps. I've been using it for about a month and have cleaned it with baby shampoo and or MAC brush cleaner and have not had any problems with the bristles splaying. It may take a few tries to get the hang of using it but the results are work the effort.

on 11/12/2006 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this brush! While technically it is meant to be used to apply Smashbox's gel liner to the inner eye rim, I use it just to apply my gel eye liner in general and for that there is nothing better. The angle of the brush allows one to apply the perfect line just along the lashes. It cleans up nicely and the hairs do not fall out with wear and tear. Being very near sighted, the only thing that I would change would be to offer a shorter handle version so I could get a little closer to the mirror for application. Like most of Smashbox's brushes, it is expensive at $20.00. While I would buy this product again, Taklon makes a Bent Eyeliner brush (#217) that is only $9.99 and at www.makeupmania.com, I can find the exact short handle brush I want ( Bent Eyeliner, Item #ER-0008-01-001) for only $4.75! In fact, I recommend that everyone check out the Make up Mania site, you can find just about anything from make up to wigs for everyone, including ethnic races and the prices are amazing. It is a GREAT site!

the only brush i use for liner anymore. since i discovered it i will not use anything but this brush. it gives you a precise line and you have so much more control than a pencil, liquid liner or any other brush for tha matter. it's easy to extend the eyeliner to make the little "wings" on the side which i love and do just about every day. try this brush and the jetset or cream liner, you'll love it! this brush is a great investment and reasonabley priced.

on 6/10/2007 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I seem to be ;having difficulty with this brush. I purchased this as a kit from QVC. And, I love the product, but, the brush seems to be deterioiating and it has only been a couple of weeks. The fibers no longer form a point and seem to be pointing in different directions. I am trying to train them to form a point again. I wonder about the quality of some of these products form Smashbox.

on 6/28/2007 3:34:00 AM

I haven't had this brush a long time, so I can't comment on if it will wear well. But, I love the ease of use--it provides so much more control than other eyeliner brushes I have used. I have tried it with both cream and gel liners and you can get a nice thin line. I'm near sighted and with this I can see what I am doing so much better. I really prefer bent[arched] liner brushes!

on 8/6/2007 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

I love this brush! It's exactly what i was looking for to line my inner rims because I can get a very precise line that doesn't smudge. I find that the smashbox gel liner works better for me with this brush than bb gel liner or mac fluidliner, and I also get an opaque coverage in a one second swipe using the smashbox gel liner. I will not be without this brush if i'm using gel liners!!!

I like this brush because I find that especially with its arch, I have more control and eyeliner seems easier to put on. However there are other bent brushes out there that sell for much cheaper (so I've been told a little too late). But if you like Smashbox's brushes, this one doesn't disappoint.

on 11/14/2007 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this brush. It means everything to me! I NEVER get back ups of brushes, however, this is the one exception I have. This brush is THE BEST for applying eyeliner. I've had my same one for a year and it has not splayed at all, unlike the BeneFit Get Bent brush. The angled feature of the brush makes it such a DREAM to put on, I love it. Load product on the very tip of the brush to make a thinner line, or load the entire brush and pat is flat for a broader line. Cat eyes are a BREEZE with this. The quality is great, I have no idea what the bristles are made of, but the wood is nice and sturdy, has a nice weight to it, and the paint stays on perfectly. Wonderful! Will buy over and over and over, although there is no need to replace the brush.

A great price at $20, considering the quality, however, the second brush I have I got through the Master's Class set, which was $60 for three brushes, two cream liners, two eyeshadow trios, and a mascara!

Popular Makeup Brushes