3.9

price range

Reviews

from

13 years ago

I love this brush! While technically it is meant to be used to apply Smashbox's gel liner to the inner eye rim, I use it just to apply my gel eye liner in general and for that there is nothing better. The angle of the brush allows one to apply the perfect line just along the lashes. It cleans up nicely and the hairs do not fall out with wear and tear. Being very near sighted, the only thing that I would change would be to offer a shorter handle version so I could get a little closer to the mirror for application. Like most of Smashbox's brushes, it is expensive at $20.00. While I would buy this product again, Taklon makes a Bent Eyeliner brush (#217) that is only $9.99 and at www.makeupmania.com, I can find the exact short handle brush I want ( Bent Eyeliner, Item #ER-0008-01-001) for only $4.75! In fact, I recommend that everyone check out the Make up Mania site, you can find just about anything from make up to wigs for everyone, including ethnic races and the prices are amazing. It is a GREAT site!

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBlack

13 years ago

I have to disagree with the other reviewers. This is a great brush for use with MAC Fluidlines, Bobbi Brown etc. It has a very fine, firm point which picks upthe right amount of product. The best feature is the angle of the brush which makes it more flexible than a straight handled liner. I can line my upper and lower lids perfectly, with no annoying gaps. I've been using it for about a month and have cleaned it with baby shampoo and or MAC brush cleaner and have not had any problems with the bristles splaying. It may take a few tries to get the hang of using it but the results are work the effort.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

2.0

13 years ago

I have to agree with this. This brush is designed to work with their new gel liner for lining the inner rims. I found it difficult and awkward to use. I couldnt get a straight line. SImiliar to the Benefit Get Bent liner brush. This retails for $20 and has the standard red handle. THe quality is nice but I cant use it at all.

About reviewer (4641 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

1.0

13 years ago

This is among the worst high-end makeup brushes I've ever bought. I don't always expect much from drugstore or low-end makeup brushes however I do expect good quality from higher-end lines such as Smashbox. <p> This brush is supposed to be for lining the inner rim <strong>with ease</strong>... but let me be the first reviewer to state there is nothing easy about using this brush. <p> The bristles are long and there's only a few of them so you'd think it would be easy to get a smooth, fluid line. But I find the angle of the ferrul to be a bit awkward... and half-way thru finishing my first eye, the bristles started splaying. <p> This one is definitely going back.

About reviewer (293 reviews)

Age36-43