Smashbox Arched Liner #21

Filtered by age: 44-55
Smashbox Arched Liner #21

4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow, I do not get the good reviews on this. I have tried them ALL, LM, Chanel, Dior (worst), Sephora, etc. and the BEST for a tight line is Studio Gear! I can't believe it either but it may be do to taste, I wanted really firm, compact and very pointed bristles and that is what the SG one gives me at a reasonable price. I even bought two, as I am so used to these splaying. The smashbox will splay and I can't understand why anyone would want to use it, other than it does have he arch and I like that (SG does too).

on 10/26/2011 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I was always skeptical about the utility of an arced liner brush (BeneFit has had one for years), but I'm now a believer. I received a mini version of this brush in a swap for a Smashbox liner palette, and decided to use it with the kit instead of one of my (many) other liner brushes. Wow! This gives incredible control with cream or gel liner. I used to hate lining my eyes because it was always a crapshoot--I rarely got the effect I wanted (thin at the inner corner, thickening to the outer). I can do that perfectly with this brush. I've washed this several times (after each use) and have not had problems with the hairs splaying (so far). I plan to buy the full-sized version of this little gem. Recommended!

on 10/22/2011 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Liquid or gel eyeliner used to be unwearable because my hands shook and I couldn't draw a straight line. The shape of this brush allows for perfect application.

on 4/21/2011 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

By far this is the best eyeliner brush I have used and I have used many including all of MACs. This brush gets me a beautiful winged line everytime with no errors. Its expensive at $20 but a great brush. You will never use another brush again.

on 5/25/2008 2:36:00 PM

If you want to line your lower lid with gel liner, this is the best brush for the job. Load the brush with liner and easily draw a perfect line in one swoop. Wow, I wish I had tried this earlier. A little pricey, but well worth the money. In this case, you get what you pay for. Now I want to try other Smashbox brushes. I will never use the BB gel liner brush again.

on 6/28/2007 3:34:00 AM

I haven't had this brush a long time, so I can't comment on if it will wear well. But, I love the ease of use--it provides so much more control than other eyeliner brushes I have used. I have tried it with both cream and gel liners and you can get a nice thin line. I'm near sighted and with this I can see what I am doing so much better. I really prefer bent[arched] liner brushes!

on 11/12/2006 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this brush! While technically it is meant to be used to apply Smashbox's gel liner to the inner eye rim, I use it just to apply my gel eye liner in general and for that there is nothing better. The angle of the brush allows one to apply the perfect line just along the lashes. It cleans up nicely and the hairs do not fall out with wear and tear. Being very near sighted, the only thing that I would change would be to offer a shorter handle version so I could get a little closer to the mirror for application. Like most of Smashbox's brushes, it is expensive at $20.00. While I would buy this product again, Taklon makes a Bent Eyeliner brush (#217) that is only $9.99 and at www.makeupmania.com, I can find the exact short handle brush I want ( Bent Eyeliner, Item #ER-0008-01-001) for only $4.75! In fact, I recommend that everyone check out the Make up Mania site, you can find just about anything from make up to wigs for everyone, including ethnic races and the prices are amazing. It is a GREAT site!

on 11/6/2006 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have to disagree with the other reviewers. This is a great brush for use with MAC Fluidlines, Bobbi Brown etc. It has a very fine, firm point which picks upthe right amount of product. The best feature is the angle of the brush which makes it more flexible than a straight handled liner. I can line my upper and lower lids perfectly, with no annoying gaps. I've been using it for about a month and have cleaned it with baby shampoo and or MAC brush cleaner and have not had any problems with the bristles splaying. It may take a few tries to get the hang of using it but the results are work the effort.