Smashbox Arched Liner #21

Smashbox Arched Liner #21

3.8

on 6/20/2009 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was the very first eyeliner brush I ever bought when I first started using gel eyeliners three years ago. I love Smashbox brushes and this one is no exception. Some eyeliner brushes are either so floppy that I had no control and ended up smearing liner all over no control or so stiff that I've actually scratched up my lash line. Not this brush. It's soft and pliable yet firm enough to draw a fine line. I highly recommend this brush for anyone looking for a bent liner brush. I find brushes with longer handles easier to work with than the short-handled brushes, espcially when you're doing precision work like lining. That's just me preference though.

I highly recommend this brush over the other bent liner brushes (BeneFit, Stila, BE) if you're looking for a bent liner brush. Although the very tip of the brushes started to curl just the tiniest bit after a couple of years, this brush holds up very well. The only reason I no longer use this brush is because I've found that I prefer an unbent liner brush now that I've gotten the hang of working with gel liners. With an arched liner brush, you can only hold the brush one way when working with an eye. Instead of redipping my brush in liner, I prefer to turn the brush to use the other side when I'm trying to line my eyes. That's just my preference and you can't work that way with a bent liner brush.

on 7/22/2011 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this special angled liner brush is easy to draw a smooth liner. Love it.
Probably the best eye liner brush I ever had.

However if you are skillful about eye liner it really doesn't that matter what kind eye liner brush, I can get a smooth effect from a cheap E.L.F or Urban Decay liner brush.
So I only got one so far not feel necessary to spend so much to buy more. I like to have lot of dirty brushes and wash them all at once so I have lot of less expensive ones. But for a beginner, I definitely recommend this one.

on 3/25/2010 10:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I loved the beautiful, precise line I could get from using this brush. However, I think I got a defective brush because the bristles splayed out after one wash. (Washed very gently and carefully with mild shampoo). I'm going to exchange this brush for another one. Hopefully, the bristles will stay pointed.

Love this brush. Very easy to use especially for those of us with a not so steady hand. All you do is put it to your eye and move it ;-) I didn't love the jet set liner so much because it irritated my eyes (i have very very sensitive eyes) but this brush came with it so I kept them both just for the brush !

I bought this as part of the Masters Eye kit something or another. I was so disappointed. Not only were the bristles too flimsy and long, they also fell out after a couple of washes. I was not harsh with them, I take care of my brushes. For a name like Smashbox they really let me down on this one.

on 1/17/2009 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this with a Smashbox eye kit a couple of years ago and never used it. I was going through my brush stash and rediscovered it. I love this brush. It is wonderful for putting on gel eyeliner. I also like that the Smashbox brushes are red. I think it makes them a little more fun than black brushes.

on 8/6/2007 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

I love this brush! It's exactly what i was looking for to line my inner rims because I can get a very precise line that doesn't smudge. I find that the smashbox gel liner works better for me with this brush than bb gel liner or mac fluidliner, and I also get an opaque coverage in a one second swipe using the smashbox gel liner. I will not be without this brush if i'm using gel liners!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have to agree with this. This brush is designed to work with their new gel liner for lining the inner rims. I found it difficult and awkward to use. I couldnt get a straight line. SImiliar to the Benefit Get Bent liner brush. This retails for $20 and has the standard red handle. THe quality is nice but I cant use it at all.

Popular Makeup Brushes