Smashbox Arched Liner #21

Filtered by age: 25-29
Smashbox Arched Liner #21

3.5

on 5/1/2010 9:57:00 PM

Like many ladies, I bought this brush to apply the Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner as that is the brush recommended by Smashbox and I had seen it used on QVC. Sadly, the brush was garbage - absolute garbage for $20.

To be fair, the first time I used the brush/liner I was in awe. It was fairly easy to use and my eyes popped. I thought to myself, "I am going to wear this liner every-single-day!" But that was not meant to be. After using the brush only a few times, I found that the fine point the bristles came to was gone. After a few more times using the brush, I found that the bristles splayed more and more. I tried in vain to reshape the brush but could not get it back to its original self. When I tried to use it with the splayed bristles I got an untidy line around my eyes at best.

Frustrated, I returned the brush to Sephora and bought three more brushes by the Sephora brand as they were less expensive. I am currently using brush #17. It's not great but it gets the job done - and for only $11.

on 7/7/2009 5:10:00 PM

It's ok for a fine line, but the tip is a bit hairy, i.e. bristles poke out on all sides. Also, maybe I'm doing it wrong, but boy does this itch/sting/hurt when i tightline or do my waterline with this. A flat brush like NARS smudge brush is more comfortable for this. So its ok, not great. There are likely better bent eyeliner brushes out there.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this brush in a Smashbox eyeliner palette so I can't comment on the price or the packaging. I wouldn't buy this only because the bristles splayed and I find even before that happened I had trouble getting a very thin line with this brush. It's pretty floppy. Although it might be my technique, I don't think it is. That said, this is my favorite eyeliner brush currently in my collection only because it's slanted. I'm so glad I got to try out one like this because it's made me want to buy others in this same style - it makes applying cream eyeliners SO easy! So yeah, I can't complain!

If my review helped you, click yes below!

on 8/23/2011 10:22:00 AM

I'm having a hard time applying lash line and got to watch a youtube video using an arched liner brush. It seemed to make application easy so I was convinced I need to buy one.

This is the best liner brush for me. It made application so easy.
It allows you to control the strokes well and reach corners of your inner eye w/o obstructing vision :) That way, you can see if you're lining correctly. Plus, I love the fine pointed bristles.
I clean it with a brush cleaner. Just spray the cleaner, wipe it with paper/cloth towel then it's good to store.
The only thing I don't like is the price. It's expensive. So I am expecting it will last long so it will be worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Okso I only used the brush for the first time today and I know some reviews say the brush doesn't work so well after a few uses, so I will update in the future. However, for now, this is the BEST eyeliner brush I have ever used, it is so great for doing thin lines (which I have never been able to do on myself before). I used this with liquid liner which I have sitting in my drawer barely used as I have never been able to apply it properly before, but now I can!

on 6/25/2011 11:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

If you want to have thin line, stay away from this brush. It applies thick eye liner well. Overall, I don't like it that much. Will not recommend it.

on 4/17/2010 2:40:00 AM

i do like this brush and it is very precise however, you can buy the same brush from coastal scents for less than half the cost.

on 4/3/2010 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

You have to wash this brush after every use. I have had it for a couple of months now. Even though I don't use it everyday, the tip of the brush is no longer sharp. I'll stick with an angled liner brush.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I absolutely love this brush. Itīs perfect for lining my upper eye lid. The quality is good and itīs not that expensive.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Awesome brush, its my favourite eyeline brush. Makes lining a breeze. You can choose to point the arc down or up, depending on your comfort. Has held up well so far for the past year. I use it with BB and Smashbox gel liner. (Sidenote: Don't like the Smashbox gel liner tho, its too dry.)

Popular Makeup Brushes