MAC Zandra

MAC Zandra

4.6

on 4/11/2009 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This lipstick is fabulous! I searched high and low to find this puppy, and it was well worth the effort. It's a gorgeous milky mid toned pink, that isn't so pale it looks pasty, but not so bright that it looks hooker-ish. On my MMM/NC42 skintone, this is a great lipstick to top with gloss and pair with some sultry eye makeup and natural cheeks. It application is smooth and the wear is great since it's a satin finish. No frost, no bells and whistles .. it's simple, and that's what makes it work for me. I don't have to go to an extravagent work to make this look good .. it does that job for me. Yet another tragically Limitied Edition lippie :(

I was disappointed that I had missed out on Real Doll from the Barbie Collection, so I went to a couple of makeup sites to see if they had pictures of comparisons to Real Doll. I happened to find one in the Mac Gallery, and it ended up being Zandra. Not wanting to pass up another opportunity, I took a trip to the local Cosmetics Company Store and picked up a tube of Zandra: I was pleasantly surprised.

It's definitely a Barbie-ish -- and like Out To Shock -- it's not one that I would wear alone, but I prefer to wear with darker hues to add dimenson (and to lighten the color).
If you like light pinks (or are looking for something similar to Real Doll), then this might be a decent color. If you can't find either one, I would suggest trying out Snob.

This is a very bright bubblegum pink lipstick. It's very creamy and opaque. It has more staying power than most of the other amplified cremes I've tried, but it doesn't last as long as satins or mattes. I rarely wear Zandra because I think the color is a bit too Barbie for me (Snob is a better opaque pink IMO), but I'll keep it just because of the cute LE packaging.

Zandra is a gorgeous bubblegum pink, its amplified creme so its very creamy and has no shimmer. It goes on super pigmented and last forever..its so pretty! The packaging is adorable..I may buy a backup before it leaves.

on 9/20/2006 8:06:00 PM

Zandra is a really pretty color - definitely not for the faint, as it's a very striking bubblegum / Barbie pink color. Looks great w/ a dab of Who's That Lady lipgelee over it.

Very cute color- I do wish MAC had released this in the spring, rather than the fall, as I don't see myself wearing this too often in the months to come. It's a light bubblegum pink with no shimmer- the closest regular line color to it would be Scanty, but it is more of a true pink than Scanty, and more flattering on my NW20 complexion. The packaging is adorable- cute little metallic squiggles. Definitely glad I got this! edit: I think Scanty actually looks better. This lipstick began to look too plasticky and fake, I ended up swapping it away.

I have to say this is one of the nicest pinks that ive see in a long time Its looks fabulous with darky smokey eyes .Its a bubble gum pink color and goes on very smooth and its really creamy .The only downside is its a limited edition color but I would like to get another.