Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

1 review

Lac-Hydrin (ammonium lactate) Lotion, contains lactic acid 12% and the following ingredients: Cetyl alcohol, fragrance, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, laureth-4, light mineral oil, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, methyl- and propylparabens, PEG-100 stearate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, propylene glycol and water.

on 1/2/2013 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I first got this product a while ago for my KP and didn't use it diligently. I was a bit put off by its sour smell and stickyness and wasn't in the habit of using any product diligently anyway.. I rediscovered it in my closet about a month ago and have been using it once a day (at night time after showering) on my arms and also on my legs for stubborn in-grown hairs from shaving. It has worked WONDERS but it takes time and regular use.

The KP on my arms is basically gone! I combine it with a scrubby cloth like salux and basic Dr. Bronner's lavender soap as bodywash. My legs are rapidly improving (though not perfect - had really bad in-grown hairs).

THEN recently, I got the idea to try it on my face. I have pretty bad acne and clogged pores, am using a retinoid/BP combo and am mostly improving. All the breakouts are gone, but tons of clogged pores and dull skin, plus dry and flakey from the retinoid. I was scared of using this because it has parabens and other stuff, but it worked like a miracle! I slathered some onto a clean face at night, and in the morning my face was smooth, breakout free and flake free. This stuff is a miracle.

CONS:
-I wouldn't put this on your face unless your face is "bullet-proof". My face isn't sensitive and can tolerate most harsh stuff pretty well. This stuff still stung.
-It does not smell nice. It has a lingering sour-ish scent.
-This stuff is sticky and takes a while to sink in. Kind of gross.

Overall:
Would 100% recommend to anybody with KP and people with dull dry facial skin/clogged pores/acne that don't have sensitive skin. Maybe they can try the 5% first? This is totally worth the money!