Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

4.6

Lac-Hydrin (ammonium lactate) Lotion, contains lactic acid 12% and the following ingredients: Cetyl alcohol, fragrance, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, laureth-4, light mineral oil, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, methyl- and propylparabens, PEG-100 stearate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, propylene glycol and water.

on 8/12/2017 8:42:00 AM

My skin gets really dry/flaky in the summer from heat/sun. This lotion WORKS. I agree with the other reviewer that said it the most unsexy lotion you'll ever use. It sticky, stinky and heavy on skin but it does the job. I use it at night and rinse it off in the morning.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have suffered from extremely dry, bumpy, red skin on my arms for 10 years. My skin condition is commonly known as Keratosis Pilaris (KP or chicken skin). This stuff is a miracle...sent from the heavens of skin products to save the way I feel about myself and my skin. As a kid, I picked at my KP a lot, which left me with a lot of discoloration, scars, and insecurities. I cannot believe the difference this product has made in my life. Just after one use, YES ONE USE, my skin looked hydrated and less bumpy. I have used this product for a solid three months now, twice a day (sometimes more because I am so obsessed with it) and my skin has never looked so good in such a short amount of time. My decrease in scars are probably attributed to the prescription I use (Differin), but it may be because of this product as well, however I am not sure. I have tried everything from over the counter products to really expensive prescriptions. Nothing has worked as well and as fast as this. This product costs about $15 in Canada. I originally was given this bottle by my boyfriend who used about a quarter of it, and I still have quite a bit left so a full bottle should last about 4 months if you use it twice a day like I do. The packaging isn't the greatest, but it isn't messy if you work with it carefully. The product itself is quite thin and liquidy so make sure you shake it before using, and it does feel greasy if you apply too much. A lot of people don't like the smell, but I love it. Maybe because I associate it with the amazing results I get, but it is kind of chemically and powdery...hard to explain but I think it smells nice. Overall... I will never waste my money on anything else for my KP.

on 10/10/2011 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the least sexy lotion I have ever used. It comes in a very plain tube and it smells really weird: a slightly sour, chemically smell that I have associated with this lotion since I was a toddler. I love to try out creams with pretty colors, glamorous bottles and delicious scents, but I always end up coming back to this. It's amazing for KP, scaly feet, really dry skin, etc. However, it is very strong and as a kid I hated it because if you have a cut of any kind, it can really sting. Still, it's healed skin problems that nothing else can take care of. I have never used a lotion nearly as effective as this stuff.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is a 12 % ammonium lactate lotion which claims to help heal rough, scaly, dry skin and associated itching. Well, I have none of those symptoms but I do use it on my face and body to help keep my skin soft , smooth and hopefully wrinkle free. A few years ago I remember walking down the street with a male friend of mine. He was holding onto my arm and suddenly remarked (in his thick Boston accent) "My gawd! Ya ahmm feels like tissue papuh! "( translation: Your arm feels like tissue paper) . He was really inpressed with how soft and smooth my skin was. This stuff really is amazing. The packaging is pretty blahsy and generic but who cares? However, be warned that it does contain 2 parabens and a bit of fragrance. And it stings upon application. It feels a bit tacky at first (but that goes away during my beauty sleep)so I only apply a 1/2 tsp of it at night . My face flushes a bit in the cheek and chin area .But I wake up to a bright and glowing complexion. And to me that's (maybe)even better than waking up to Antonio Banderas. I would advise everyone to load on the sunscreen because this is an exfoliating product and you want to protect that new baby skin as much as possible.Roll with at least an SPF of 30. The price? Well, I can pick it up for $11.95 at my local grocery store. It lasts forever because I only need to use a small amount . So in my opinion this is quite a buy. And it works!!

on 8/6/2007 10:54:00 PM

Got this from my dermatologist a few years ago for kp and I have to admit that it did help a little, although it didn't clear up the problem completely. I definitely still had kp, just not as bad. And I still don't know if it was really the lac hydrin that cleared it up or if it just went away on its own. I'm thinking it's the latter b/c I stopped using the lotion at that point and the kp didn't come back.

What I hated was:
the consistency of the cream (didn't absorb well, felt greasy)
the smell (ewww... just really gross chemical-y, could only use it at night)
it really stung if I had any little nicks or cuts from shaving my legs!

Yes! I love love love this product. I've already been through 5 containers. If you have kp, don't waste your money on anything else. This is a great exfoliating moisturizer. Thanks to this, I can wear arm baring tops, even though I swim everyday and have had keratosis pilaris since I was 11. I only use it on my arms though because it makes my legs super itchy. Does anyone else find that when they put it on their legs that they go red, itchy, and the pores on the calves dilate? Maybe I just have sensitive legs, but it's great for my arms.

on 12/15/2004 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Cheap if you have health insurance. If you have keratosis pilaris (chicken skin), run do not walk to your dermatologist for a Rx. I only have to use it twice a week and my kp was heinous.

Popular Lotions / Creams