Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 36-43
Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

4.8

Lac-Hydrin (ammonium lactate) Lotion, contains lactic acid 12% and the following ingredients: Cetyl alcohol, fragrance, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, laureth-4, light mineral oil, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, methyl- and propylparabens, PEG-100 stearate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, propylene glycol and water.

on 12/9/2015 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this lotion to prevent and treat ingrown hairs on my legs as I epilate, and tend to scar from ingrowns and bug bites on my legs moreso than elsewhere on my body. It is an amazing lotion. The smell I don't mind actually. I prefer unscented, but my leg skin isn't terribly reactive, so I won't go out of my way to avoid fragrance there. It smells like slightly sour baby powder and ammonia but since I only use on my legs (and sometimes elbows when they get super dry), I don't really notice the scent. My skin feels moisturized yet sticky for an hour or two after application, but I don't mind because the results are worth it. Old hyperpigmentation marks from mosquito bites, ingrowns and a bee sting I got last summer (that are still hanging around making my legs look spotty in contrast to my cave dweller paleness) are actually fading, and my skin feels quite moisturized. I have not had a bad ingrown since I started using this, and anyone who epilates knows that ingrowns occasionally come with the territory. The only downside to this lotion is the bottle. Sometimes air gets stuck after you squirt some out and then it just sort of belches lotion out of the top. A pump bottle could fix this.

on 11/20/2011 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

A good AHA that is quite gentle, but it's still a lovely and excellent moisturizer! I've also used it on my face and it didn't clog me at all. Especially good as a body moisturizer in winter. Will continue to purchase. NOTE: Be sure to use a good sunscreen when using AHA's.

on 4/30/2006 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

WOW. I am utterly flabbergasted by this product. Yes, it smells bad (like ammonia.) Yes, it's sticky. But I have never, ever had softer smoother skin. I have very acne prone skin, and have recently had an outbreak of nasty, cystic acne on my chin that won't clear up. Have resorted to the regimen from acne.org, but the BP leaves my skin so scaly and flaky - after the BP, I wait 15 min, mix a little Lac Hydrin with a little plain moisturizer (Desert Essence Essential Daily Moisturizer) apply that - and the first night I did this, I woke up with NO ACNE on my chin and lovely skin. Holy Crap. Three nights later my skin is glowing. If you have sensitive skin or are not tolerant of AHA/BHA, be careful, I'm very tolerant of these products. I live in Canada, so the product I use is just called Lac Hydrin, and advertises 12% lactic acid.

on 5/2/2005 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A basic AHA exfoliant, but does the job beautifully. One of the first AHA lotions to be made. Great on dry hands, and on facial skin. This is a great product to use on dry body skin too. I have a generic version of this, and with my insurance I get a 14 oz. size for only $12. It's so worth it if you have dry skin. I love to layer it underneath Retin-A to drive it deeper into my skin. If you shave either your face or body, wait about 5-10 minutes then apply.

Popular Lotions / Creams