Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

4.6

Lac-Hydrin (ammonium lactate) Lotion, contains lactic acid 12% and the following ingredients: Cetyl alcohol, fragrance, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, laureth-4, light mineral oil, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, methyl- and propylparabens, PEG-100 stearate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, propylene glycol and water.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Was so bummed out this product was disocuntined but Shopperks Drug Mart recommended Derma Lac to me which is the exact same thing!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Works to smooth out bumpy skin. I used it on my face, 2 days in a row, at night (keep away from eyes and lips!), and on my body 4 days in a row so far. My facial skin has completely begun smoothing out (the uneven bumpiness from irritation or past scars)--it's almost scary to think how quickly I got results there! I like this better than glycolic acid.

I think on my face i will use it once a week, so the results may be gradual, but i won't be risking damage. Something so potent might be easy to overdo.
My body skin is very polished and nice now. I have very sensitive skin which easily gets rashes and bumps, especially my legs. (My legs are usually red and bumpy and irritated from most creams.) This cream smoothed it out very nicely in such a short period of time! No irritation. It is also quite hydrating but feels sticky. on the face you will want to wash it off right away! It is a good treatment product and worth having. Would make a good and useful little gift for anyone, too.
(What I wish i had known beforehand: wash hands after using it so you don't accidentally rub your eyes and get it in.)

on 12/9/2015 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this lotion to prevent and treat ingrown hairs on my legs as I epilate, and tend to scar from ingrowns and bug bites on my legs moreso than elsewhere on my body. It is an amazing lotion. The smell I don't mind actually. I prefer unscented, but my leg skin isn't terribly reactive, so I won't go out of my way to avoid fragrance there. It smells like slightly sour baby powder and ammonia but since I only use on my legs (and sometimes elbows when they get super dry), I don't really notice the scent. My skin feels moisturized yet sticky for an hour or two after application, but I don't mind because the results are worth it. Old hyperpigmentation marks from mosquito bites, ingrowns and a bee sting I got last summer (that are still hanging around making my legs look spotty in contrast to my cave dweller paleness) are actually fading, and my skin feels quite moisturized. I have not had a bad ingrown since I started using this, and anyone who epilates knows that ingrowns occasionally come with the territory. The only downside to this lotion is the bottle. Sometimes air gets stuck after you squirt some out and then it just sort of belches lotion out of the top. A pump bottle could fix this.

on 9/17/2014 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Iím 28 years old and for the past couple of years have had issues with small, skin coloured bumps on my cheeks. They are not dramatically visible but in the sun and certain lights they are. I had tried everything to get rid of them from microdermabrasion, exfoliating religiously, retin-A (which made my skin peel horribly) and other acne treatments. After doing some research I discovered that the bumps on my face are small keratin plugs calls keratosis pilaris. After finally having a name for these things, I started looking up treatments and came across Lac Hydrin 12 so I ran to Shoppers Drug Mart here in Canada and purchased a bottle. Seriously, after applying this cream the very first night, I woke up to smoother skin. I used it again for a couple of nights and my skin was transformed. I didnít use this the other night and woke up with tiny bumps on my face again so applied it last night again. This morning my skin is, once again, smoother. I think I have FINALLY found the answer Iíve been looking for and would totally recommend this for anyone with keratosis pilaris. One thing to note though is that I only use this product at night because it leaves your face quite sticky and shiny.

on 1/2/2013 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I first got this product a while ago for my KP and didn't use it diligently. I was a bit put off by its sour smell and stickyness and wasn't in the habit of using any product diligently anyway.. I rediscovered it in my closet about a month ago and have been using it once a day (at night time after showering) on my arms and also on my legs for stubborn in-grown hairs from shaving. It has worked WONDERS but it takes time and regular use.

The KP on my arms is basically gone! I combine it with a scrubby cloth like salux and basic Dr. Bronner's lavender soap as bodywash. My legs are rapidly improving (though not perfect - had really bad in-grown hairs).

THEN recently, I got the idea to try it on my face. I have pretty bad acne and clogged pores, am using a retinoid/BP combo and am mostly improving. All the breakouts are gone, but tons of clogged pores and dull skin, plus dry and flakey from the retinoid. I was scared of using this because it has parabens and other stuff, but it worked like a miracle! I slathered some onto a clean face at night, and in the morning my face was smooth, breakout free and flake free. This stuff is a miracle.

CONS:
-I wouldn't put this on your face unless your face is "bullet-proof". My face isn't sensitive and can tolerate most harsh stuff pretty well. This stuff still stung.
-It does not smell nice. It has a lingering sour-ish scent.
-This stuff is sticky and takes a while to sink in. Kind of gross.

Overall:
Would 100% recommend to anybody with KP and people with dull dry facial skin/clogged pores/acne that don't have sensitive skin. Maybe they can try the 5% first? This is totally worth the money!

on 11/20/2011 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

A good AHA that is quite gentle, but it's still a lovely and excellent moisturizer! I've also used it on my face and it didn't clog me at all. Especially good as a body moisturizer in winter. Will continue to purchase. NOTE: Be sure to use a good sunscreen when using AHA's.

on 7/5/2011 5:46:00 AM

I have keratosis pilaris on my upper arms, and this lotion is a lotion that helps. I don't use it often enough for it to completely remove the bumps, but it lessened them a lot, and I think it I used it every day, they would probably eventually disappear. The bumps are due to the skin not exfoliating itself properly, so you have to use an exfoliator on your skin all the time, when you have bumps to remove them, and when you don't have bumps to keep them gone, so if you have this skin condition, please keep on using the product all the time to keep the area smooth and clear.

Edit: I had a rash on my stomach and used this product on it, and within days the rash melted away! I could see the skin exfoliating rapidly in the shower, all the dead rashy skin just scrubbed off after using this product a few days; recommended!

I used this product a few years ago when I had an outbreak of contact dermatitis on my hands - it was cracked and weeping and had spread all the way to my wrists. It was painful and quite debilitating! I bought a bottle of Lac Hydrin and the excema started to heal almost before my eyes!! After a year and a half of suffering, in about two weeks the rash was almost completely healed. I recommended it to a co-worker who also was plagued with excema on his hands and legs and it also worked for him. The cream certainly stung as I had many open cracks on my hands but i bit the bullet and it was worth the bit of suffering I had to endure for the end result. Haven't had an outbreak since but after reading some of the reviews I am going to try applying it to my face at bed time and see if it helps clear up my complexion! Glad I found these reviews!

Holy Grail HG HG HG. I interchangably use this along with AmLactin lotion, whichever I can find. In the US, Lac Hydrin 12% is an Rx only lotion and I first tried it when my dermatologist prescribed it to me for my dry skin. However, in Canada, it is OTC. Also, just very recently, I have seen it on amazon and ebay, so maybe they changed it's Rx only status in the US?

At any rate, compared to AmLactin, Lac Hydrin feels a bit more sticky and gluey and has a stronger ammonia-like smell, but it dissipates very quickly. As with AmLactin, both will initially slightly sting if you put it on a very irritated or sensitive part of your skin, but you quickly get accustomed to it. It is excellent for dry skin that is so dry that it likes to flake. I haven't had anymore flakey skin trouble since I started using these 2 products. Between AmLactin and LacHydrin, I think the LacHydrin works slightly better, but due to its Rx status and its original retail price in the US (in the $60s if I don't find it on ebay), I mostly use AmLactin ($17 at Costco)

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I also have a love-hate relationship with this but it's really my own fault. My dermatologist recommended this after I showed him my bumps from my severe eczema. He told me they were scars and to use this to get rid of them. I now realize my bumps are kp. He did warn me that it would sting if I had been scratching or open wounds. I was able to control my eczema with hydro cortisone and then used this once my scratches and wounds had been stabilized. AMAZING! I was in my 20's and had never had "normal skin". My kp had vanished and my skin was baby soft! I stopped using it after my lp disappeared but they have reappeared b/c of my eczema. I've had 2 kids and with each pregnancy it got worst. It's been difficult to maintain the lac hydrin b/c I can't control the eczema. When I've tried to use this knowing I had been scratching, it STINGS so much that I end up scratching my skin off making it worst. I'm really looking forward to being able to use this again. Maybe a combination of Baby Aveeno, minimal cortisone and a bout of yoga will control the eczema enough to be able to use this.