Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

Lac-Hydrin (ammonium lactate) Lotion, contains lactic acid 12% and the following ingredients: Cetyl alcohol, fragrance, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, laureth-4, light mineral oil, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, methyl- and propylparabens, PEG-100 stearate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, propylene glycol and water.

on 2/25/2016 1:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I just didn't see any results with this. I'm so disappointed, I've been trying it off and on for a long time and it just doesn't make a difference to my skin at all. Would not repurchase.

on 12/9/2015 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this lotion to prevent and treat ingrown hairs on my legs as I epilate, and tend to scar from ingrowns and bug bites on my legs moreso than elsewhere on my body. It is an amazing lotion. The smell I don't mind actually. I prefer unscented, but my leg skin isn't terribly reactive, so I won't go out of my way to avoid fragrance there. It smells like slightly sour baby powder and ammonia but since I only use on my legs (and sometimes elbows when they get super dry), I don't really notice the scent. My skin feels moisturized yet sticky for an hour or two after application, but I don't mind because the results are worth it. Old hyperpigmentation marks from mosquito bites, ingrowns and a bee sting I got last summer (that are still hanging around making my legs look spotty in contrast to my cave dweller paleness) are actually fading, and my skin feels quite moisturized. I have not had a bad ingrown since I started using this, and anyone who epilates knows that ingrowns occasionally come with the territory. The only downside to this lotion is the bottle. Sometimes air gets stuck after you squirt some out and then it just sort of belches lotion out of the top. A pump bottle could fix this.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have suffered from extremely dry, bumpy, red skin on my arms for 10 years. My skin condition is commonly known as Keratosis Pilaris (KP or chicken skin). This stuff is a miracle...sent from the heavens of skin products to save the way I feel about myself and my skin. As a kid, I picked at my KP a lot, which left me with a lot of discoloration, scars, and insecurities. I cannot believe the difference this product has made in my life. Just after one use, YES ONE USE, my skin looked hydrated and less bumpy. I have used this product for a solid three months now, twice a day (sometimes more because I am so obsessed with it) and my skin has never looked so good in such a short amount of time. My decrease in scars are probably attributed to the prescription I use (Differin), but it may be because of this product as well, however I am not sure. I have tried everything from over the counter products to really expensive prescriptions. Nothing has worked as well and as fast as this. This product costs about $15 in Canada. I originally was given this bottle by my boyfriend who used about a quarter of it, and I still have quite a bit left so a full bottle should last about 4 months if you use it twice a day like I do. The packaging isn't the greatest, but it isn't messy if you work with it carefully. The product itself is quite thin and liquidy so make sure you shake it before using, and it does feel greasy if you apply too much. A lot of people don't like the smell, but I love it. Maybe because I associate it with the amazing results I get, but it is kind of chemically and powdery...hard to explain but I think it smells nice. Overall... I will never waste my money on anything else for my KP.

on 9/17/2014 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Iím 28 years old and for the past couple of years have had issues with small, skin coloured bumps on my cheeks. They are not dramatically visible but in the sun and certain lights they are. I had tried everything to get rid of them from microdermabrasion, exfoliating religiously, retin-A (which made my skin peel horribly) and other acne treatments. After doing some research I discovered that the bumps on my face are small keratin plugs calls keratosis pilaris. After finally having a name for these things, I started looking up treatments and came across Lac Hydrin 12 so I ran to Shoppers Drug Mart here in Canada and purchased a bottle. Seriously, after applying this cream the very first night, I woke up to smoother skin. I used it again for a couple of nights and my skin was transformed. I didnít use this the other night and woke up with tiny bumps on my face again so applied it last night again. This morning my skin is, once again, smoother. I think I have FINALLY found the answer Iíve been looking for and would totally recommend this for anyone with keratosis pilaris. One thing to note though is that I only use this product at night because it leaves your face quite sticky and shiny.