Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

Lac-Hydrin (ammonium lactate) Lotion, contains lactic acid 12% and the following ingredients: Cetyl alcohol, fragrance, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, laureth-4, light mineral oil, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, methyl- and propylparabens, PEG-100 stearate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, propylene glycol and water.

on 1/2/2013 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I first got this product a while ago for my KP and didn't use it diligently. I was a bit put off by its sour smell and stickyness and wasn't in the habit of using any product diligently anyway.. I rediscovered it in my closet about a month ago and have been using it once a day (at night time after showering) on my arms and also on my legs for stubborn in-grown hairs from shaving. It has worked WONDERS but it takes time and regular use.

The KP on my arms is basically gone! I combine it with a scrubby cloth like salux and basic Dr. Bronner's lavender soap as bodywash. My legs are rapidly improving (though not perfect - had really bad in-grown hairs).

THEN recently, I got the idea to try it on my face. I have pretty bad acne and clogged pores, am using a retinoid/BP combo and am mostly improving. All the breakouts are gone, but tons of clogged pores and dull skin, plus dry and flakey from the retinoid. I was scared of using this because it has parabens and other stuff, but it worked like a miracle! I slathered some onto a clean face at night, and in the morning my face was smooth, breakout free and flake free. This stuff is a miracle.

CONS:
-I wouldn't put this on your face unless your face is "bullet-proof". My face isn't sensitive and can tolerate most harsh stuff pretty well. This stuff still stung.
-It does not smell nice. It has a lingering sour-ish scent.
-This stuff is sticky and takes a while to sink in. Kind of gross.

Overall:
Would 100% recommend to anybody with KP and people with dull dry facial skin/clogged pores/acne that don't have sensitive skin. Maybe they can try the 5% first? This is totally worth the money!

on 3/15/2012 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is a great moisturizer. I'm not sure what the other reviewers are talking about with the bad smell. It smells like a generic lotion.. and is a bit sticky and white at first. You really have to massage it in, then let it soak in. Once it has soaked in.. your skin is SO soft. I had some bumps on the back of my arms that are now gone. I use it on my legs after shaving as well, and they are no longer irritated. I'm hoping it will fade some old scars on my legs from folliculitis.. that has also cleared thanks to this lotion.

I bought it at shoppers drug mart for 14 dollars. Apparently it is comparable to Am-Lactin.

on 10/10/2011 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the least sexy lotion I have ever used. It comes in a very plain tube and it smells really weird: a slightly sour, chemically smell that I have associated with this lotion since I was a toddler. I love to try out creams with pretty colors, glamorous bottles and delicious scents, but I always end up coming back to this. It's amazing for KP, scaly feet, really dry skin, etc. However, it is very strong and as a kid I hated it because if you have a cut of any kind, it can really sting. Still, it's healed skin problems that nothing else can take care of. I have never used a lotion nearly as effective as this stuff.

on 7/5/2011 5:46:00 AM

I have keratosis pilaris on my upper arms, and this lotion is a lotion that helps. I don't use it often enough for it to completely remove the bumps, but it lessened them a lot, and I think it I used it every day, they would probably eventually disappear. The bumps are due to the skin not exfoliating itself properly, so you have to use an exfoliator on your skin all the time, when you have bumps to remove them, and when you don't have bumps to keep them gone, so if you have this skin condition, please keep on using the product all the time to keep the area smooth and clear.

Edit: I had a rash on my stomach and used this product on it, and within days the rash melted away! I could see the skin exfoliating rapidly in the shower, all the dead rashy skin just scrubbed off after using this product a few days; recommended!

on 2/5/2010 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my HG moisturizer- I use it every time I get out of the shower. I have keratosis pilaris on my arms & this is the ONLY moisturizer I can use on them. The thing with this moisturizer is it may not work overnight, if you use it for a few days & expect the bumps to be gone, you're probably going to be disappointed- but stick with it for 2 wks or more & you'll notice a huge difference. Because I use it every day & have for a few months, the bumps on my arms are non-existent. This doesn't irritate my skin like some moisturizers do either.
The consistency is fairly easily spread, it's a bit thicker but I add a touch of water to the bottle or put it on right out of the shower & then it just slides right on.
One reviewer commented on the greasy feeling- initially, yes you can feel it on your skin. But after 10 mins I can't even feel it. Like I said, I put it on when I get out of the shower & then get ready & it's completely absorbed.
If you have kp, I highly recommend trying this lotion & sticking with it for a few wks in order to see results:)

on 9/5/2002 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

The dermatologist prescribed this for the folliculitis on my legs (irritated, inflamed hair follicles.) Unfortunately this did not work for me. It didn't help the bumps at all and left an ashy residue.

Popular Lotions / Creams