Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

Filtered by hair type : Other
Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

Lac-Hydrin (ammonium lactate) Lotion, contains lactic acid 12% and the following ingredients: Cetyl alcohol, fragrance, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, laureth-4, light mineral oil, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, methyl- and propylparabens, PEG-100 stearate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, propylene glycol and water.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Works to smooth out bumpy skin. I used it on my face, 2 days in a row, at night (keep away from eyes and lips!), and on my body 4 days in a row so far. My facial skin has completely begun smoothing out (the uneven bumpiness from irritation or past scars)--it's almost scary to think how quickly I got results there! I like this better than glycolic acid.

I think on my face i will use it once a week, so the results may be gradual, but i won't be risking damage. Something so potent might be easy to overdo.
My body skin is very polished and nice now. I have very sensitive skin which easily gets rashes and bumps, especially my legs. (My legs are usually red and bumpy and irritated from most creams.) This cream smoothed it out very nicely in such a short period of time! No irritation. It is also quite hydrating but feels sticky. on the face you will want to wash it off right away! It is a good treatment product and worth having. Would make a good and useful little gift for anyone, too.
(What I wish i had known beforehand: wash hands after using it so you don't accidentally rub your eyes and get it in.)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is a 12 % ammonium lactate lotion which claims to help heal rough, scaly, dry skin and associated itching. Well, I have none of those symptoms but I do use it on my face and body to help keep my skin soft , smooth and hopefully wrinkle free. A few years ago I remember walking down the street with a male friend of mine. He was holding onto my arm and suddenly remarked (in his thick Boston accent) "My gawd! Ya ahmm feels like tissue papuh! "( translation: Your arm feels like tissue paper) . He was really inpressed with how soft and smooth my skin was. This stuff really is amazing. The packaging is pretty blahsy and generic but who cares? However, be warned that it does contain 2 parabens and a bit of fragrance. And it stings upon application. It feels a bit tacky at first (but that goes away during my beauty sleep)so I only apply a 1/2 tsp of it at night . My face flushes a bit in the cheek and chin area .But I wake up to a bright and glowing complexion. And to me that's (maybe)even better than waking up to Antonio Banderas. I would advise everyone to load on the sunscreen because this is an exfoliating product and you want to protect that new baby skin as much as possible.Roll with at least an SPF of 30. The price? Well, I can pick it up for $11.95 at my local grocery store. It lasts forever because I only need to use a small amount . So in my opinion this is quite a buy. And it works!!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I also have a love-hate relationship with this but it's really my own fault. My dermatologist recommended this after I showed him my bumps from my severe eczema. He told me they were scars and to use this to get rid of them. I now realize my bumps are kp. He did warn me that it would sting if I had been scratching or open wounds. I was able to control my eczema with hydro cortisone and then used this once my scratches and wounds had been stabilized. AMAZING! I was in my 20's and had never had "normal skin". My kp had vanished and my skin was baby soft! I stopped using it after my lp disappeared but they have reappeared b/c of my eczema. I've had 2 kids and with each pregnancy it got worst. It's been difficult to maintain the lac hydrin b/c I can't control the eczema. When I've tried to use this knowing I had been scratching, it STINGS so much that I end up scratching my skin off making it worst. I'm really looking forward to being able to use this again. Maybe a combination of Baby Aveeno, minimal cortisone and a bout of yoga will control the eczema enough to be able to use this.

on 1/26/2003 12:16:00 PM

I have the prescription version of this and mine came in a big pump bottle. It's great for the back of the arm bumpies, for general dry skin, and for revving up skin tone in general.

Popular Lotions / Creams