Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

4.9

Lac-Hydrin (ammonium lactate) Lotion, contains lactic acid 12% and the following ingredients: Cetyl alcohol, fragrance, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, laureth-4, light mineral oil, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, methyl- and propylparabens, PEG-100 stearate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, propylene glycol and water.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Works to smooth out bumpy skin. I used it on my face, 2 days in a row, at night (keep away from eyes and lips!), and on my body 4 days in a row so far. My facial skin has completely begun smoothing out (the uneven bumpiness from irritation or past scars)--it's almost scary to think how quickly I got results there! I like this better than glycolic acid.

I think on my face i will use it once a week, so the results may be gradual, but i won't be risking damage. Something so potent might be easy to overdo.
My body skin is very polished and nice now. I have very sensitive skin which easily gets rashes and bumps, especially my legs. (My legs are usually red and bumpy and irritated from most creams.) This cream smoothed it out very nicely in such a short period of time! No irritation. It is also quite hydrating but feels sticky. on the face you will want to wash it off right away! It is a good treatment product and worth having. Would make a good and useful little gift for anyone, too.
(What I wish i had known beforehand: wash hands after using it so you don't accidentally rub your eyes and get it in.)

on 12/9/2015 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this lotion to prevent and treat ingrown hairs on my legs as I epilate, and tend to scar from ingrowns and bug bites on my legs moreso than elsewhere on my body. It is an amazing lotion. The smell I don't mind actually. I prefer unscented, but my leg skin isn't terribly reactive, so I won't go out of my way to avoid fragrance there. It smells like slightly sour baby powder and ammonia but since I only use on my legs (and sometimes elbows when they get super dry), I don't really notice the scent. My skin feels moisturized yet sticky for an hour or two after application, but I don't mind because the results are worth it. Old hyperpigmentation marks from mosquito bites, ingrowns and a bee sting I got last summer (that are still hanging around making my legs look spotty in contrast to my cave dweller paleness) are actually fading, and my skin feels quite moisturized. I have not had a bad ingrown since I started using this, and anyone who epilates knows that ingrowns occasionally come with the territory. The only downside to this lotion is the bottle. Sometimes air gets stuck after you squirt some out and then it just sort of belches lotion out of the top. A pump bottle could fix this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

UPDATE Oct 2016: 18 months of use...everything below still applies, still using it, my skin is still freakin' amazing.

Truth #1: the smell really takes some getting used to. Baby powder that feeds into ammonia. Charming, isn't it? I apply it one hour before bed, so the smell can dissipate a bit.

Truth #2: it is a sticky mess and a slimy mess if you over apply. There is a sweet spot where you are barely sticky and not at all slimy. YMMV.

Truth #3: No pump. This is annoying.

Truth #4: This is the best stuff in the world. My skin has never looked this good, or been this soft. I don't think you could possibly understand how much of an improvement, how stunningly amazing, how unbelievably soft my skin is.

I do, once or twice a week, mix a little in with face moisturizer. It's been fine and my skin is super clear and really soft.

Love this despite its flaws.

on 10/10/2011 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the least sexy lotion I have ever used. It comes in a very plain tube and it smells really weird: a slightly sour, chemically smell that I have associated with this lotion since I was a toddler. I love to try out creams with pretty colors, glamorous bottles and delicious scents, but I always end up coming back to this. It's amazing for KP, scaly feet, really dry skin, etc. However, it is very strong and as a kid I hated it because if you have a cut of any kind, it can really sting. Still, it's healed skin problems that nothing else can take care of. I have never used a lotion nearly as effective as this stuff.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is a 12 % ammonium lactate lotion which claims to help heal rough, scaly, dry skin and associated itching. Well, I have none of those symptoms but I do use it on my face and body to help keep my skin soft , smooth and hopefully wrinkle free. A few years ago I remember walking down the street with a male friend of mine. He was holding onto my arm and suddenly remarked (in his thick Boston accent) "My gawd! Ya ahmm feels like tissue papuh! "( translation: Your arm feels like tissue paper) . He was really inpressed with how soft and smooth my skin was. This stuff really is amazing. The packaging is pretty blahsy and generic but who cares? However, be warned that it does contain 2 parabens and a bit of fragrance. And it stings upon application. It feels a bit tacky at first (but that goes away during my beauty sleep)so I only apply a 1/2 tsp of it at night . My face flushes a bit in the cheek and chin area .But I wake up to a bright and glowing complexion. And to me that's (maybe)even better than waking up to Antonio Banderas. I would advise everyone to load on the sunscreen because this is an exfoliating product and you want to protect that new baby skin as much as possible.Roll with at least an SPF of 30. The price? Well, I can pick it up for $11.95 at my local grocery store. It lasts forever because I only need to use a small amount . So in my opinion this is quite a buy. And it works!!

on 2/5/2010 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my HG moisturizer- I use it every time I get out of the shower. I have keratosis pilaris on my arms & this is the ONLY moisturizer I can use on them. The thing with this moisturizer is it may not work overnight, if you use it for a few days & expect the bumps to be gone, you're probably going to be disappointed- but stick with it for 2 wks or more & you'll notice a huge difference. Because I use it every day & have for a few months, the bumps on my arms are non-existent. This doesn't irritate my skin like some moisturizers do either.
The consistency is fairly easily spread, it's a bit thicker but I add a touch of water to the bottle or put it on right out of the shower & then it just slides right on.
One reviewer commented on the greasy feeling- initially, yes you can feel it on your skin. But after 10 mins I can't even feel it. Like I said, I put it on when I get out of the shower & then get ready & it's completely absorbed.
If you have kp, I highly recommend trying this lotion & sticking with it for a few wks in order to see results:)

on 5/2/2005 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A basic AHA exfoliant, but does the job beautifully. One of the first AHA lotions to be made. Great on dry hands, and on facial skin. This is a great product to use on dry body skin too. I have a generic version of this, and with my insurance I get a 14 oz. size for only $12. It's so worth it if you have dry skin. I love to layer it underneath Retin-A to drive it deeper into my skin. If you shave either your face or body, wait about 5-10 minutes then apply.

Popular Lotions / Creams