Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 36-43
Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

1 review

Lac-Hydrin (ammonium lactate) Lotion, contains lactic acid 12% and the following ingredients: Cetyl alcohol, fragrance, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, laureth-4, light mineral oil, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, methyl- and propylparabens, PEG-100 stearate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, propylene glycol and water.

on 11/13/2005 11:18:00 AM

I have a love-hate relationship with this cream: I love it and my bf- who is 11 years younger than me and doesn't understand all the mysterious things I need to do to myself- hates it with a passion. As a body cream, it's decidedly unglamorous, unpleasant smell, sticky, gummy. The taste is vile. My mother's plastic surgeon recommended it to her after her face-lift and glycolic peels as a cheap maintenance plan. I could do cartwheels when I think how well this product works. I use it all over my body every other day, alternating with a body scrub and a heavier moisturizer (my favourite is the body shop's hemp butter with their gorgeous african spa salt scrub and those little exfoliating mittens. ) My skin looks teen-aged with this routine and feels like velvet (I'm 36 and have a thyroid disease which makes my skin dry with a lot of build-up). On the face, it's sticky, strong and unsuitable for daytime. If anyone kisses you their faces will pucker in disgust. A definite romance killer at night, which is such a shame, because combined with a copper serum it's almost scary how fresh you can look the next morning. Almost obscene, like you should put a ribbon in your hair and go skip rope. However, the best application I've found for this miracle cream is this: mix the Lac Hydrin with a french clay face mask (I'm using a cheapo freeman's one at the moment) and apply to a clean face. Let it sit for ten minutes. You can feel it working (it doesn't sting). When you wash it off, you have clean, glowing moisturized skin. Then put your nice, boyfriend friendly moisturizer on and everybody is happy, happy, happy.

Popular Lotions / Creams