Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

Filtered by skin type : Other
Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

Lac-Hydrin (ammonium lactate) Lotion, contains lactic acid 12% and the following ingredients: Cetyl alcohol, fragrance, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, laureth-4, light mineral oil, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, methyl- and propylparabens, PEG-100 stearate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, propylene glycol and water.

on 1/26/2018 11:32:00 PM

Actually devastated that this is discontinued. It was the only product which could give me soft silky skin and now I am back to what looks like horrible body acne. This was my miracle cream.

on 5/12/2016 8:24:00 AM

I think this is my first ever review here, I had to do it because I love this stuff so much. This is the only thing that has worked for my breakouts, I've been using it for a couple of years. I lightly apply to my t-zone every night after cleansing. It doesn't smell great, and it's a little sticky, but those both fade. My skin only breaks out occasionally now, usually due to something I did, and any dark marks from scarring get faded nicely. This has also cleared up the bumps on my arms, they are really smooth. Here in Canada, I get it at London Drugs, it's usually hidden on the top shelf or you have to ask for it. It's $11 or so. I also found it at Costco for $7, which is the best price I've seen. The bottle is so large and you use so little that it lasts a very long time. Beware any open skin or cut, this stuff will sting like a B. If I am applying to skin with an open spot, I will cover it with one finger so I can safely apply the product around it with my other hand.

The five percent lactic acid lotion feels much better than the 12% lactic acid lotion such as Amlactin 12%. The 12% is very, very sticky. Although I only unsed Amlactin 12%, I believe LacHydrin 12% is the same from what I read in the forum. I cannot stand the 12% as it feels like I have soaked myself in glue. So I tried this five percent version and I like it very much. Although still more sticky than non-AHA body lotion, the discomfort is only minimal. I think the reason is that lactic acid is very water bonding. For that reason, I prefer lactic acid over glycolic acid, which is another popular AHA.

on 1/26/2003 12:16:00 PM

I have the prescription version of this and mine came in a big pump bottle. It's great for the back of the arm bumpies, for general dry skin, and for revving up skin tone in general.

on 3/11/2002 10:14:00 PM

This is a prescription only product, but Lac Hydrin 5 is comparable in quality, it just may work more slowly. The numbers 5 and 12 refer to the percentage of alpha hydroxy acid present. The AHA is lactic acid, which is more moisturizing and less irritating than other AHAs. My dermatologist prescribed this for my chronically dry skin, and I discovered that it makes a terrific hand cream. The packaging is not elegant, and the scent is not wonderful (but it fades quickly), but it is the best hand treatment I've found, and I've tried many. After a couple of months use, my hands looked more supple, even toned and younger looking. It also lasts through several hand washings and is great for feet also. Definitely try this if you can. If not, try the Lac Hydrin 5, or Amlactin. another over-the-counter brand. The cream is rather sticky at first, but it absorbs quickly and the stickiness disappears.

Popular Lotions / Creams