Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

4.2

Lac-Hydrin (ammonium lactate) Lotion, contains lactic acid 12% and the following ingredients: Cetyl alcohol, fragrance, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, laureth-4, light mineral oil, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, methyl- and propylparabens, PEG-100 stearate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, propylene glycol and water.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So I'm super saddened to say that this product has been discontinued. I am so disappointed and kind of mad. I don't understand how this company can make a decision like this about a beloved product. I called the manufacturer to confirm, because I haven't been able to find any at multiple Shoppers for months and it says Discontinued on the Well.ca website. As far as I know, there is no comparable product. This really sucks.

on 8/12/2017 8:42:00 AM

My skin gets really dry/flaky in the summer from heat/sun. This lotion WORKS. I agree with the other reviewer that said it the most unsexy lotion you'll ever use. It sticky, stinky and heavy on skin but it does the job. I use it at night and rinse it off in the morning.

on 2/25/2016 1:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I just didn't see any results with this. I'm so disappointed, I've been trying it off and on for a long time and it just doesn't make a difference to my skin at all. Would not repurchase.

on 12/9/2015 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this lotion to prevent and treat ingrown hairs on my legs as I epilate, and tend to scar from ingrowns and bug bites on my legs moreso than elsewhere on my body. It is an amazing lotion. The smell I don't mind actually. I prefer unscented, but my leg skin isn't terribly reactive, so I won't go out of my way to avoid fragrance there. It smells like slightly sour baby powder and ammonia but since I only use on my legs (and sometimes elbows when they get super dry), I don't really notice the scent. My skin feels moisturized yet sticky for an hour or two after application, but I don't mind because the results are worth it. Old hyperpigmentation marks from mosquito bites, ingrowns and a bee sting I got last summer (that are still hanging around making my legs look spotty in contrast to my cave dweller paleness) are actually fading, and my skin feels quite moisturized. I have not had a bad ingrown since I started using this, and anyone who epilates knows that ingrowns occasionally come with the territory. The only downside to this lotion is the bottle. Sometimes air gets stuck after you squirt some out and then it just sort of belches lotion out of the top. A pump bottle could fix this.

on 11/1/2015 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Unfortunately, after my first bottle I didn't see any results. However, after reading all those reviews, I'm tempted to try it again, so I might update this review if I buy another one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

UPDATE Oct 2016: 18 months of use...everything below still applies, still using it, my skin is still freakin' amazing.

Truth #1: the smell really takes some getting used to. Baby powder that feeds into ammonia. Charming, isn't it? I apply it one hour before bed, so the smell can dissipate a bit.

Truth #2: it is a sticky mess and a slimy mess if you over apply. There is a sweet spot where you are barely sticky and not at all slimy. YMMV.

Truth #3: No pump. This is annoying.

Truth #4: This is the best stuff in the world. My skin has never looked this good, or been this soft. I don't think you could possibly understand how much of an improvement, how stunningly amazing, how unbelievably soft my skin is.

I do, once or twice a week, mix a little in with face moisturizer. It's been fine and my skin is super clear and really soft.

Love this despite its flaws.

on 10/10/2011 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the least sexy lotion I have ever used. It comes in a very plain tube and it smells really weird: a slightly sour, chemically smell that I have associated with this lotion since I was a toddler. I love to try out creams with pretty colors, glamorous bottles and delicious scents, but I always end up coming back to this. It's amazing for KP, scaly feet, really dry skin, etc. However, it is very strong and as a kid I hated it because if you have a cut of any kind, it can really sting. Still, it's healed skin problems that nothing else can take care of. I have never used a lotion nearly as effective as this stuff.

on 7/5/2011 5:46:00 AM

I have keratosis pilaris on my upper arms, and this lotion is a lotion that helps. I don't use it often enough for it to completely remove the bumps, but it lessened them a lot, and I think it I used it every day, they would probably eventually disappear. The bumps are due to the skin not exfoliating itself properly, so you have to use an exfoliator on your skin all the time, when you have bumps to remove them, and when you don't have bumps to keep them gone, so if you have this skin condition, please keep on using the product all the time to keep the area smooth and clear.

Edit: I had a rash on my stomach and used this product on it, and within days the rash melted away! I could see the skin exfoliating rapidly in the shower, all the dead rashy skin just scrubbed off after using this product a few days; recommended!

on 9/8/2010 6:33:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

This product is quite effective for extremely dry skin conditions, if you can get past the smell and use it regularly. I have trouble with this, even though my derm has me using the 12% rx version. For me, the initial smell diminishes after a short time, then comes back with more intensity after a few hours. It's difficult to be sure I've properly timed being alone when the smell comes back.

My preference is to address the body skin issues with a good glycolic lotion first. If that doesn't work, I go to this and keep my distance from co-workers & friends. I do use this as an emergency hand cream for severe irritation.

It is an effective product for those who need serious dry skin irritation relief but lacks any cosmetic elegance.

on 2/5/2010 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my HG moisturizer- I use it every time I get out of the shower. I have keratosis pilaris on my arms & this is the ONLY moisturizer I can use on them. The thing with this moisturizer is it may not work overnight, if you use it for a few days & expect the bumps to be gone, you're probably going to be disappointed- but stick with it for 2 wks or more & you'll notice a huge difference. Because I use it every day & have for a few months, the bumps on my arms are non-existent. This doesn't irritate my skin like some moisturizers do either.
The consistency is fairly easily spread, it's a bit thicker but I add a touch of water to the bottle or put it on right out of the shower & then it just slides right on.
One reviewer commented on the greasy feeling- initially, yes you can feel it on your skin. But after 10 mins I can't even feel it. Like I said, I put it on when I get out of the shower & then get ready & it's completely absorbed.
If you have kp, I highly recommend trying this lotion & sticking with it for a few wks in order to see results:)