Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

Filtered by age: 36-43
Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

4.6

Lac-Hydrin (ammonium lactate) Lotion, contains lactic acid 12% and the following ingredients: Cetyl alcohol, fragrance, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, laureth-4, light mineral oil, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, methyl- and propylparabens, PEG-100 stearate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, propylene glycol and water.

on 1/26/2018 11:32:00 PM

Actually devastated that this is discontinued. It was the only product which could give me soft silky skin and now I am back to what looks like horrible body acne. This was my miracle cream.

on 8/12/2017 8:42:00 AM

My skin gets really dry/flaky in the summer from heat/sun. This lotion WORKS. I agree with the other reviewer that said it the most unsexy lotion you'll ever use. It sticky, stinky and heavy on skin but it does the job. I use it at night and rinse it off in the morning.

on 5/12/2016 8:24:00 AM

I think this is my first ever review here, I had to do it because I love this stuff so much. This is the only thing that has worked for my breakouts, I've been using it for a couple of years. I lightly apply to my t-zone every night after cleansing. It doesn't smell great, and it's a little sticky, but those both fade. My skin only breaks out occasionally now, usually due to something I did, and any dark marks from scarring get faded nicely. This has also cleared up the bumps on my arms, they are really smooth. Here in Canada, I get it at London Drugs, it's usually hidden on the top shelf or you have to ask for it. It's $11 or so. I also found it at Costco for $7, which is the best price I've seen. The bottle is so large and you use so little that it lasts a very long time. Beware any open skin or cut, this stuff will sting like a B. If I am applying to skin with an open spot, I will cover it with one finger so I can safely apply the product around it with my other hand.

on 12/9/2015 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this lotion to prevent and treat ingrown hairs on my legs as I epilate, and tend to scar from ingrowns and bug bites on my legs moreso than elsewhere on my body. It is an amazing lotion. The smell I don't mind actually. I prefer unscented, but my leg skin isn't terribly reactive, so I won't go out of my way to avoid fragrance there. It smells like slightly sour baby powder and ammonia but since I only use on my legs (and sometimes elbows when they get super dry), I don't really notice the scent. My skin feels moisturized yet sticky for an hour or two after application, but I don't mind because the results are worth it. Old hyperpigmentation marks from mosquito bites, ingrowns and a bee sting I got last summer (that are still hanging around making my legs look spotty in contrast to my cave dweller paleness) are actually fading, and my skin feels quite moisturized. I have not had a bad ingrown since I started using this, and anyone who epilates knows that ingrowns occasionally come with the territory. The only downside to this lotion is the bottle. Sometimes air gets stuck after you squirt some out and then it just sort of belches lotion out of the top. A pump bottle could fix this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

UPDATE Oct 2016: 18 months of use...everything below still applies, still using it, my skin is still freakin' amazing.

Truth #1: the smell really takes some getting used to. Baby powder that feeds into ammonia. Charming, isn't it? I apply it one hour before bed, so the smell can dissipate a bit.

Truth #2: it is a sticky mess and a slimy mess if you over apply. There is a sweet spot where you are barely sticky and not at all slimy. YMMV.

Truth #3: No pump. This is annoying.

Truth #4: This is the best stuff in the world. My skin has never looked this good, or been this soft. I don't think you could possibly understand how much of an improvement, how stunningly amazing, how unbelievably soft my skin is.

I do, once or twice a week, mix a little in with face moisturizer. It's been fine and my skin is super clear and really soft.

Love this despite its flaws.

on 11/20/2011 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

A good AHA that is quite gentle, but it's still a lovely and excellent moisturizer! I've also used it on my face and it didn't clog me at all. Especially good as a body moisturizer in winter. Will continue to purchase. NOTE: Be sure to use a good sunscreen when using AHA's.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is a 12 % ammonium lactate lotion which claims to help heal rough, scaly, dry skin and associated itching. Well, I have none of those symptoms but I do use it on my face and body to help keep my skin soft , smooth and hopefully wrinkle free. A few years ago I remember walking down the street with a male friend of mine. He was holding onto my arm and suddenly remarked (in his thick Boston accent) "My gawd! Ya ahmm feels like tissue papuh! "( translation: Your arm feels like tissue paper) . He was really inpressed with how soft and smooth my skin was. This stuff really is amazing. The packaging is pretty blahsy and generic but who cares? However, be warned that it does contain 2 parabens and a bit of fragrance. And it stings upon application. It feels a bit tacky at first (but that goes away during my beauty sleep)so I only apply a 1/2 tsp of it at night . My face flushes a bit in the cheek and chin area .But I wake up to a bright and glowing complexion. And to me that's (maybe)even better than waking up to Antonio Banderas. I would advise everyone to load on the sunscreen because this is an exfoliating product and you want to protect that new baby skin as much as possible.Roll with at least an SPF of 30. The price? Well, I can pick it up for $11.95 at my local grocery store. It lasts forever because I only need to use a small amount . So in my opinion this is quite a buy. And it works!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Supposedly this is only by precription in the USA...here in Canada, you can buy it at any drugstore over-the-counter (no precription required). I am always looking for a new AHA product- and the price and use of lactic (instead of glycolic or even salicylic) acid intrigued me. Unofortunately, I did not like this product at all. It is greasy and does not absorb into the skin- it feels like a sticky, almost glue-like film, even when I used it on my very dry hands. It also did not moisturize very well- my skin still felt dry, but with a greasy film on it. Worst, the exfoliation was very minimal, almost neglible. It is also highly scented, too.
I couldn't even use it on my body or feet- I just threw the stuff out.

on 4/30/2006 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

WOW. I am utterly flabbergasted by this product. Yes, it smells bad (like ammonia.) Yes, it's sticky. But I have never, ever had softer smoother skin. I have very acne prone skin, and have recently had an outbreak of nasty, cystic acne on my chin that won't clear up. Have resorted to the regimen from acne.org, but the BP leaves my skin so scaly and flaky - after the BP, I wait 15 min, mix a little Lac Hydrin with a little plain moisturizer (Desert Essence Essential Daily Moisturizer) apply that - and the first night I did this, I woke up with NO ACNE on my chin and lovely skin. Holy Crap. Three nights later my skin is glowing. If you have sensitive skin or are not tolerant of AHA/BHA, be careful, I'm very tolerant of these products. I live in Canada, so the product I use is just called Lac Hydrin, and advertises 12% lactic acid.

on 11/13/2005 11:18:00 AM

I have a love-hate relationship with this cream: I love it and my bf- who is 11 years younger than me and doesn't understand all the mysterious things I need to do to myself- hates it with a passion. As a body cream, it's decidedly unglamorous, unpleasant smell, sticky, gummy. The taste is vile. My mother's plastic surgeon recommended it to her after her face-lift and glycolic peels as a cheap maintenance plan. I could do cartwheels when I think how well this product works. I use it all over my body every other day, alternating with a body scrub and a heavier moisturizer (my favourite is the body shop's hemp butter with their gorgeous african spa salt scrub and those little exfoliating mittens. ) My skin looks teen-aged with this routine and feels like velvet (I'm 36 and have a thyroid disease which makes my skin dry with a lot of build-up). On the face, it's sticky, strong and unsuitable for daytime. If anyone kisses you their faces will pucker in disgust. A definite romance killer at night, which is such a shame, because combined with a copper serum it's almost scary how fresh you can look the next morning. Almost obscene, like you should put a ribbon in your hair and go skip rope. However, the best application I've found for this miracle cream is this: mix the Lac Hydrin with a french clay face mask (I'm using a cheapo freeman's one at the moment) and apply to a clean face. Let it sit for ten minutes. You can feel it working (it doesn't sting). When you wash it off, you have clean, glowing moisturized skin. Then put your nice, boyfriend friendly moisturizer on and everybody is happy, happy, happy.

Popular Lotions / Creams