Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

4.4

Lac-Hydrin (ammonium lactate) Lotion, contains lactic acid 12% and the following ingredients: Cetyl alcohol, fragrance, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, laureth-4, light mineral oil, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, methyl- and propylparabens, PEG-100 stearate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, propylene glycol and water.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

So sad this has been discontinued! I used to swear by it for my flaky skin.

I read that a lot of people are using Dermal Therapy Alpha Hydroxy Lotion. I just started using it and so far it's working even better than Lac-Hydrin!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Was so bummed out this product was disocuntined but Shopperks Drug Mart recommended Derma Lac to me which is the exact same thing!

on 1/26/2018 11:32:00 PM

Actually devastated that this is discontinued. It was the only product which could give me soft silky skin and now I am back to what looks like horrible body acne. This was my miracle cream.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So I'm super saddened to say that this product has been discontinued. I am so disappointed and kind of mad. I don't understand how this company can make a decision like this about a beloved product. I called the manufacturer to confirm, because I haven't been able to find any at multiple Shoppers for months and it says Discontinued on the Well.ca website. As far as I know, there is no comparable product. This really sucks.

on 8/12/2017 8:42:00 AM

My skin gets really dry/flaky in the summer from heat/sun. This lotion WORKS. I agree with the other reviewer that said it the most unsexy lotion you'll ever use. It sticky, stinky and heavy on skin but it does the job. I use it at night and rinse it off in the morning.

on 5/12/2016 8:24:00 AM

I think this is my first ever review here, I had to do it because I love this stuff so much. This is the only thing that has worked for my breakouts, I've been using it for a couple of years. I lightly apply to my t-zone every night after cleansing. It doesn't smell great, and it's a little sticky, but those both fade. My skin only breaks out occasionally now, usually due to something I did, and any dark marks from scarring get faded nicely. This has also cleared up the bumps on my arms, they are really smooth. Here in Canada, I get it at London Drugs, it's usually hidden on the top shelf or you have to ask for it. It's $11 or so. I also found it at Costco for $7, which is the best price I've seen. The bottle is so large and you use so little that it lasts a very long time. Beware any open skin or cut, this stuff will sting like a B. If I am applying to skin with an open spot, I will cover it with one finger so I can safely apply the product around it with my other hand.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Works to smooth out bumpy skin. I used it on my face, 2 days in a row, at night (keep away from eyes and lips!), and on my body 4 days in a row so far. My facial skin has completely begun smoothing out (the uneven bumpiness from irritation or past scars)--it's almost scary to think how quickly I got results there! I like this better than glycolic acid.

I think on my face i will use it once a week, so the results may be gradual, but i won't be risking damage. Something so potent might be easy to overdo.
My body skin is very polished and nice now. I have very sensitive skin which easily gets rashes and bumps, especially my legs. (My legs are usually red and bumpy and irritated from most creams.) This cream smoothed it out very nicely in such a short period of time! No irritation. It is also quite hydrating but feels sticky. on the face you will want to wash it off right away! It is a good treatment product and worth having. Would make a good and useful little gift for anyone, too.
(What I wish i had known beforehand: wash hands after using it so you don't accidentally rub your eyes and get it in.)

on 12/9/2015 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this lotion to prevent and treat ingrown hairs on my legs as I epilate, and tend to scar from ingrowns and bug bites on my legs moreso than elsewhere on my body. It is an amazing lotion. The smell I don't mind actually. I prefer unscented, but my leg skin isn't terribly reactive, so I won't go out of my way to avoid fragrance there. It smells like slightly sour baby powder and ammonia but since I only use on my legs (and sometimes elbows when they get super dry), I don't really notice the scent. My skin feels moisturized yet sticky for an hour or two after application, but I don't mind because the results are worth it. Old hyperpigmentation marks from mosquito bites, ingrowns and a bee sting I got last summer (that are still hanging around making my legs look spotty in contrast to my cave dweller paleness) are actually fading, and my skin feels quite moisturized. I have not had a bad ingrown since I started using this, and anyone who epilates knows that ingrowns occasionally come with the territory. The only downside to this lotion is the bottle. Sometimes air gets stuck after you squirt some out and then it just sort of belches lotion out of the top. A pump bottle could fix this.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have suffered from extremely dry, bumpy, red skin on my arms for 10 years. My skin condition is commonly known as Keratosis Pilaris (KP or chicken skin). This stuff is a miracle...sent from the heavens of skin products to save the way I feel about myself and my skin. As a kid, I picked at my KP a lot, which left me with a lot of discoloration, scars, and insecurities. I cannot believe the difference this product has made in my life. Just after one use, YES ONE USE, my skin looked hydrated and less bumpy. I have used this product for a solid three months now, twice a day (sometimes more because I am so obsessed with it) and my skin has never looked so good in such a short amount of time. My decrease in scars are probably attributed to the prescription I use (Differin), but it may be because of this product as well, however I am not sure. I have tried everything from over the counter products to really expensive prescriptions. Nothing has worked as well and as fast as this. This product costs about $15 in Canada. I originally was given this bottle by my boyfriend who used about a quarter of it, and I still have quite a bit left so a full bottle should last about 4 months if you use it twice a day like I do. The packaging isn't the greatest, but it isn't messy if you work with it carefully. The product itself is quite thin and liquidy so make sure you shake it before using, and it does feel greasy if you apply too much. A lot of people don't like the smell, but I love it. Maybe because I associate it with the amazing results I get, but it is kind of chemically and powdery...hard to explain but I think it smells nice. Overall... I will never waste my money on anything else for my KP.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

UPDATE Oct 2016: 18 months of use...everything below still applies, still using it, my skin is still freakin' amazing.

Truth #1: the smell really takes some getting used to. Baby powder that feeds into ammonia. Charming, isn't it? I apply it one hour before bed, so the smell can dissipate a bit.

Truth #2: it is a sticky mess and a slimy mess if you over apply. There is a sweet spot where you are barely sticky and not at all slimy. YMMV.

Truth #3: No pump. This is annoying.

Truth #4: This is the best stuff in the world. My skin has never looked this good, or been this soft. I don't think you could possibly understand how much of an improvement, how stunningly amazing, how unbelievably soft my skin is.

I do, once or twice a week, mix a little in with face moisturizer. It's been fine and my skin is super clear and really soft.

Love this despite its flaws.

Popular Lotions / Creams