Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

4.3

Lac-Hydrin (ammonium lactate) Lotion, contains lactic acid 12% and the following ingredients: Cetyl alcohol, fragrance, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, laureth-4, light mineral oil, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, methyl- and propylparabens, PEG-100 stearate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, propylene glycol and water.

on 5/12/2016 8:24:00 AM

I think this is my first ever review here, I had to do it because I love this stuff so much. This is the only thing that has worked for my breakouts, I've been using it for a couple of years. I lightly apply to my t-zone every night after cleansing. It doesn't smell great, and it's a little sticky, but those both fade. My skin only breaks out occasionally now, usually due to something I did, and any dark marks from scarring get faded nicely. This has also cleared up the bumps on my arms, they are really smooth. Here in Canada, I get it at London Drugs, it's usually hidden on the top shelf or you have to ask for it. It's $11 or so. I also found it at Costco for $7, which is the best price I've seen. The bottle is so large and you use so little that it lasts a very long time. Beware any open skin or cut, this stuff will sting like a B. If I am applying to skin with an open spot, I will cover it with one finger so I can safely apply the product around it with my other hand.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Works to smooth out bumpy skin. I used it on my face, 2 days in a row, at night (keep away from eyes and lips!), and on my body 4 days in a row so far. My facial skin has completely begun smoothing out (the uneven bumpiness from irritation or past scars)--it's almost scary to think how quickly I got results there! I like this better than glycolic acid.

I think on my face i will use it once a week, so the results may be gradual, but i won't be risking damage. Something so potent might be easy to overdo.
My body skin is very polished and nice now. I have very sensitive skin which easily gets rashes and bumps, especially my legs. (My legs are usually red and bumpy and irritated from most creams.) This cream smoothed it out very nicely in such a short period of time! No irritation. It is also quite hydrating but feels sticky. on the face you will want to wash it off right away! It is a good treatment product and worth having. Would make a good and useful little gift for anyone, too.
(What I wish i had known beforehand: wash hands after using it so you don't accidentally rub your eyes and get it in.)

To Read all 45 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/25/2016 1:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I just didn't see any results with this. I'm so disappointed, I've been trying it off and on for a long time and it just doesn't make a difference to my skin at all. Would not repurchase.

on 12/9/2015 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this lotion to prevent and treat ingrown hairs on my legs as I epilate, and tend to scar from ingrowns and bug bites on my legs moreso than elsewhere on my body. It is an amazing lotion. The smell I don't mind actually. I prefer unscented, but my leg skin isn't terribly reactive, so I won't go out of my way to avoid fragrance there. It smells like slightly sour baby powder and ammonia but since I only use on my legs (and sometimes elbows when they get super dry), I don't really notice the scent. My skin feels moisturized yet sticky for an hour or two after application, but I don't mind because the results are worth it. Old hyperpigmentation marks from mosquito bites, ingrowns and a bee sting I got last summer (that are still hanging around making my legs look spotty in contrast to my cave dweller paleness) are actually fading, and my skin feels quite moisturized. I have not had a bad ingrown since I started using this, and anyone who epilates knows that ingrowns occasionally come with the territory. The only downside to this lotion is the bottle. Sometimes air gets stuck after you squirt some out and then it just sort of belches lotion out of the top. A pump bottle could fix this.

on 11/1/2015 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Unfortunately, after my first bottle I didn't see any results. However, after reading all those reviews, I'm tempted to try it again, so I might update this review if I buy another one.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have suffered from extremely dry, bumpy, red skin on my arms for 10 years. My skin condition is commonly known as Keratosis Pilaris (KP or chicken skin). This stuff is a miracle...sent from the heavens of skin products to save the way I feel about myself and my skin. As a kid, I picked at my KP a lot, which left me with a lot of discoloration, scars, and insecurities. I cannot believe the difference this product has made in my life. Just after one use, YES ONE USE, my skin looked hydrated and less bumpy. I have used this product for a solid three months now, twice a day (sometimes more because I am so obsessed with it) and my skin has never looked so good in such a short amount of time. My decrease in scars are probably attributed to the prescription I use (Differin), but it may be because of this product as well, however I am not sure. I have tried everything from over the counter products to really expensive prescriptions. Nothing has worked as well and as fast as this. This product costs about $15 in Canada. I originally was given this bottle by my boyfriend who used about a quarter of it, and I still have quite a bit left so a full bottle should last about 4 months if you use it twice a day like I do. The packaging isn't the greatest, but it isn't messy if you work with it carefully. The product itself is quite thin and liquidy so make sure you shake it before using, and it does feel greasy if you apply too much. A lot of people don't like the smell, but I love it. Maybe because I associate it with the amazing results I get, but it is kind of chemically and powdery...hard to explain but I think it smells nice. Overall... I will never waste my money on anything else for my KP.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Truth #1: the smell really takes some getting used to. Baby powder that feds into ammonia. Charming, isn't it? I aply it one hour before bed, so the smell can dissipate a bit.

Truth #2: it is a sticky mess and a slimy mess if you overapply. There is a sweet spot where you are barely sticky and not at all slimy. YMMV.

Truth #3: No pump. This is annoying.

Truth #4: This is the best stuff in the world. My skin has never looked this good, or been this soft. I don't think you could possibly understand how much of an improvement, how stunningly amazing, how unbelievably soft my skin is.

I do, once or twice a week, mix a little in with face moisturizer. It's been fine and my skin is super clear and really soft.

Love this despite its flaws.

on 9/17/2014 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Iím 28 years old and for the past couple of years have had issues with small, skin coloured bumps on my cheeks. They are not dramatically visible but in the sun and certain lights they are. I had tried everything to get rid of them from microdermabrasion, exfoliating religiously, retin-A (which made my skin peel horribly) and other acne treatments. After doing some research I discovered that the bumps on my face are small keratin plugs calls keratosis pilaris. After finally having a name for these things, I started looking up treatments and came across Lac Hydrin 12 so I ran to Shoppers Drug Mart here in Canada and purchased a bottle. Seriously, after applying this cream the very first night, I woke up to smoother skin. I used it again for a couple of nights and my skin was transformed. I didnít use this the other night and woke up with tiny bumps on my face again so applied it last night again. This morning my skin is, once again, smoother. I think I have FINALLY found the answer Iíve been looking for and would totally recommend this for anyone with keratosis pilaris. One thing to note though is that I only use this product at night because it leaves your face quite sticky and shiny.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

lovely lovely lotion for dryyy itchy skin that isn't overly overly sensitive. we have been using this in my family for years. the product has a few minor flaws such as a smell my family dislikes lol..lack of a pump..high price..hard to find especially in the states. but otherwise i like this over amlactin. amlactin is also great, i especially appreciate the lack of fragrance. but lachydrin is alot more moisturizing and feels more...there. haha hard to explain but when your skin is really dry it's nice to feel that barrier of moisture. especially on my hands at night.
i would advice to be cautious if youre sensitive or would like to apply this to your face. i have used this as a monthly overnight treatment on my face in my highschool years loved the effect. however i am 24 now and my skin has become more sensitive and thin. putting this on my face now STINGS. also i have noticed daily use on my arms/neck during the summer (even with sunscreen use) causes rashes and itchiness.
paula begoun says this and amlactin do not truly exfoliate..something about the ph being too high. she might be right but this is a great choice is you've got parched skin.

on 1/2/2013 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I first got this product a while ago for my KP and didn't use it diligently. I was a bit put off by its sour smell and stickyness and wasn't in the habit of using any product diligently anyway.. I rediscovered it in my closet about a month ago and have been using it once a day (at night time after showering) on my arms and also on my legs for stubborn in-grown hairs from shaving. It has worked WONDERS but it takes time and regular use.

The KP on my arms is basically gone! I combine it with a scrubby cloth like salux and basic Dr. Bronner's lavender soap as bodywash. My legs are rapidly improving (though not perfect - had really bad in-grown hairs).

THEN recently, I got the idea to try it on my face. I have pretty bad acne and clogged pores, am using a retinoid/BP combo and am mostly improving. All the breakouts are gone, but tons of clogged pores and dull skin, plus dry and flakey from the retinoid. I was scared of using this because it has parabens and other stuff, but it worked like a miracle! I slathered some onto a clean face at night, and in the morning my face was smooth, breakout free and flake free. This stuff is a miracle.

CONS:
-I wouldn't put this on your face unless your face is "bullet-proof". My face isn't sensitive and can tolerate most harsh stuff pretty well. This stuff still stung.
-It does not smell nice. It has a lingering sour-ish scent.
-This stuff is sticky and takes a while to sink in. Kind of gross.

Overall:
Would 100% recommend to anybody with KP and people with dull dry facial skin/clogged pores/acne that don't have sensitive skin. Maybe they can try the 5% first? This is totally worth the money!