Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

Filtered by age: 44-55
Lac Hydrin Lac Hydrin 12 Cream

4.8

Lac-Hydrin (ammonium lactate) Lotion, contains lactic acid 12% and the following ingredients: Cetyl alcohol, fragrance, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, laureth-4, light mineral oil, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, methyl- and propylparabens, PEG-100 stearate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, propylene glycol and water.

I used this product a few years ago when I had an outbreak of contact dermatitis on my hands - it was cracked and weeping and had spread all the way to my wrists. It was painful and quite debilitating! I bought a bottle of Lac Hydrin and the excema started to heal almost before my eyes!! After a year and a half of suffering, in about two weeks the rash was almost completely healed. I recommended it to a co-worker who also was plagued with excema on his hands and legs and it also worked for him. The cream certainly stung as I had many open cracks on my hands but i bit the bullet and it was worth the bit of suffering I had to endure for the end result. Haven't had an outbreak since but after reading some of the reviews I am going to try applying it to my face at bed time and see if it helps clear up my complexion! Glad I found these reviews!

on 3/18/2006 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love Lac Hydrin.I have used it once a week on my home spa days for over 5 years.I cleanse exfoliate and mask and my final step is a thick coating of Lac hydrin lotion. I leave it on for a couple of hours while I do housework and then rinse off and have gorgeous baby fresh skin. It is great! I live in Canada so buy it at Shoppers Drug Mart. I am never without it. It is sticky at first and does not smell that great but oh how I love the soft skin it gives me!

on 9/17/2004 11:24:00 AM

One word...miracle. Those annoying skin bumps on the inside of my knees and back of thighs, that no amount of scubbing with loofas or grains would touch--all gone. Within 10 days, after using on the areas morning and night. Yes, it smells a little like a nursing home, but who cares? Layer a more fragrant lotion on top, and you're good to go.

This is not a general use lotion, it is for areas on your body where you have kp or stubborn flaky dryness (and not for your face). You can use a really small amount and get great results. I was lucky enough to pick this up in Canada where available without RX (around $11 USD) but I feel it would be worth going to a doctor for if I had to.

Update: A couple of people have asked where I got this in Canada...Shoppers Drug Mart (at Centre St. Laurent in Ottawa).

on 2/27/2004 1:32:00 AM

My dermatologist prescribed this for me because I have keratitis pilaris on my arms, back, etc. She said the cream would probably be better for me instead of the lotion because it would be more moisturizing for my very dry skin. The smell is a bit like ammonia, but it fades quickly. I am sensitive to smells but I can handle this. The cream doesn't spread onto the skin very easily, making it a bit time consuming to put on. The results, however, are better than I dreamed possible. I now have perfectly smooth skin. You have to be consistent and apply it daily, though. And it takes some time to get the best results.

Last year my medical plan stopped covering it so I had to switch to the over-the-counter Am Lactin 12% cream. It worked just as good and was cheaper, too. It had the same problem with taking time to spread in, so I tried the Am Lactin 12% lotion just for kicks. The lotion consistency is more liquid than the creams and it spreads on very easily and quickly, making it easier to be consistent with it. This is what I use now and it is fantastic. All three of these products work wonderfully for keratitis pilaris, though, depending on your needs and budget.

Popular Lotions / Creams