LUSH Sultana of Soap

LUSH Sultana of Soap

4.1

Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera), Sodium Hydroxide, Perfume, Dried Apricots (Prunus armeniaca), Dried Currants (Vitis vinifera), Titanium Dioxide, Glycerine, Dried Cranberries (Vaccinium macrocarpon), Olibanum Oil (Boswellia carterii), Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Sultana Of Soap is one of Lush's more gently scented products. The beauty of this product is not in its scent (which is gorgeous though), but rather in the formula of the soap itself. This soap creates a thick, rich lather with creamy bubbles. It leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated, not stripped and dry. A little bit goes a long way with the product, and you only need a little bit of water to create a nice lather. The scent of the soap is gentle and creamy, with a slight hint of fruit and a slight powdery note. It is very subtle, and does not last for a long time on your skin. This makes this a perfect hand-soap, and also perfect for people with sensitive skin or noses. It won't clash wth any lotion or perfume you are wearing either. This soap is quite underrated but I really enjoy using it and would recommend it to anyone with dry skin, or anyone who enjoys gentle, creamy scents.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My favorite Lush soap! I love that it is full of essential oils and fair trade, plus the company doesn't animal test! The scent is so yummy, it's like berries and flowers, very fresh. You can get a small piece of soap for 5 bucks if you don't want to pay the 9 dollars like the poster below says they paid. I really don't care about paying more than I would at the drugstore because Lush used good ingredients and is an ethical company. The same idea with Mcdonalds: Yeah you'll pay a dollar for food there, but it's toxic for your body, thats why its cheap. So spend a little more on the healthy stuff.

I HATE GETTING RIPPED OFF!!!! Girls...Open your eyes....LUSH is overhyped to the max, overpriced, low quality, non-lathering, heavily perfumed GARBAGE!!!!!!

I received a gift card and purchased 2 soaps tonight, "Sultana of Soap" and "Honey I Washed The Kids".
I GOT STICKER SHOCK WHEN I SAW THE PRICES THEY ARE CHARGING FOR THESE RIDICULOUS SMALL BARS OF SOAP!!!!

They were $9.00 each in the store, and their gimmick is to weigh the soap as if you were in a deli. I would have walked out, but I had this gift card and figured for the price, these soaps were probably awesome. WRONG!!

The small bar of "Sultana" practically melted when I opened the wrapper, would disappear in a few days, and hardly lathered. I couldn't stand the fragrance either. This piece of junk most likely cost .50 to make. AND THEY SAY HANDMADE AND NATURAL??? PLEASE, it's made in a factory, mass produced, and read all the chemicals they put in this stuff.

fyi....a bath bomb is nothing more than citric acid, baking soda, color, and fragrance. Anyone can make them at home for pennies. Check out their prices on these "bombs"!! Unbelievable!!

AND...if you want to faint, look at what they are charging for perfume oils....1 oz. is $50.00 for "Death & Decay" to name a few!!!!!!! They are packaged in the cheapest glass dropper bottles (you can buy a case of 50 for approx. $25) with cheapo labels that look like they were printed on a home printer.

Holy shit, how are they getting away with this?? BEWARE OF LUSH PRODUCTS.
They are many other fine bath and body products that leave LUSH in the dust.

on 12/15/2016 10:05:00 AM

Good quality, moisturizes and leaves my skin soft and supple. Also the scent of this soap is nice and subtle. It is really loaded with many moisturizing ingredients. Doesn't aggravate my mild eczema so it is definitely suitable for people with very sensitive skin. But it is overpriced as the other reviewers said. Easily melts even in room temperature.

on 11/4/2016 3:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I'd give this a 3.5, it's one of the creamier soaps from Lush which I prefer but it's not not quite as moisturizing as I would like. Doesn't dry out my skin a lot but I think it's not enough for winter, would be fine in the summer. The scent is nice, not sure how to describe it, it's foody but not too sweet or anything. The stuff on the top of this is useless and annoying. Would probably repurchase because the scent is unique and enjoyable and it's good for when my skin isn't too dry.

on 4/23/2016 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

The only thing I like about this soap is the scent. Other than that, it is really just overly priced dove soap. The soap is creamy and soft. Too soft in my opinion because the small piece I have was $5 and I feel as if the soap is disappearing rather quickly. It's not very moisterizing either. Like with other bar soaps, my skin is really dry after using it. I would probably repurchase it if it wasn't so expensive because I really like the scent.

My first purchase at Lush shop was a sultana soap. As I pass by the shop, I was attracted with the sultana scent. It has a lasting unique and delicate scent and very soft on my skin. It's like a body butter or skin softener soap, a cleanser and softener in 1. I love this soap and will definitely repurchase again. =)

the scent of this soap is very calming and delicious! it smells very creamy and I had to resist the urge to eat it! The sultana bits don't bother me and I find them rather exfoliating and I love that about this soap! The soap lathers on really well and it's very moisturising but I found it to leave my skin feeling a bit firm. Overall with the use of some good body conditioner afterwards, I love this product and especially before bed as it makes me feel sleepy!

on 1/16/2016 12:42:00 AM

I bought this because it was recommended as a gentle soap that won`t strip your skin of moisture. It does that, but it doesn`t clean my skin as well as other gentle soaps I`ve bought from L`Occitane or Marks&Web. The fragrance is all right, I`m not too crazy about it to be honest. And I hate having to scoop out bits and gobs of raisins from my tub and drain. Will not repurchase because there are other better and more reasonable alternatives out there.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Really enjoyed this soap from Lush.

Very softening on the skin leaving it feeling soft and moisturized.

The only tip with this soap is put a catcher in your drain as it does have sultanas in it they will get caught in the drain and possibly block it.

Will definitely rebuy this soap but only in smaller chunks