Clinique Different Lipstick - A Different Grape

3.8

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

[0]

What a beautiful shade! This is the perfect blend of red and plum, and is perfect if you're looking or a color that isn't too bold. I also love the formula of this lipstick. It's very creamy and glides onto my lips like a dream. Staying power is great - no touch ups are needed throughout the day even through drinking water and eating food!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok, so I am not the biggest Clinique fan but was curious about their lipsticks. When I asked for recs everyone suggested A Different Grape, but I just poo poo'd it thinking it was just another middle of the road berry shade. Then, shortly before Christmas (which is why I am moving out of my fall mode and itching for less brown and more bold lips now) I wore this odd colored greenish sweater and was having trouble deciding on lipsticks that worked. My fallish shades looked too brown even though the sweater felt fallish. My middle of the roads berries felt too red or purple. Then I was killing time at Ulta (you know how it goes), and found myself trying on A Different Grape. It was perfect! Not too red like my MAC Captive. Not too brown like my UD Consipiracy or Revlon Sultry Sable were looking with the outfit. It wasn't as purple as my UD Seismic was feeling. It was all the depth and richness I wanted but in a very neutral berry. Again, not too brown, not too red, not too purple. And after a month of fighting with mattes, I welcome the juicy easy feel of the Different Lipsticks. After all these years of it being recommended to me, I am so glad I finally tried this. I have swatched it many times, but upon trying it on, I was in love. FYI - I am an nw20, deep winter, brown eyes.

I had this lipstick sitting around for a while bc it came in a free gift with purchase, and I was hesitant about the dark purple color in the tube. But I tried it this past week and really love it. it's more of a dark red with slight plum undertones than purple. It's great for a bold look and not drying at all (But you may still want to add lip balm/lip gloss). Also is a nice intro shade for people venturing into bold plum/purple shades (because you can easily blot some off for a more subtle/stain look). Looks great without a lipliner as well.

Wasn't expecting much from this GWP, as in the past my Clinique GWP lippies have all been dull brownish nudes or pale pinks-- yuck on my complexion. I need COLOR. And when I twisted up the tube and saw how deep purple it was, I didn't know whether it would play nice with my auburn hair and yellow complexion.

But this is surprisingly great! Love the formula-- very moist and dewy, but holds the lip line. It isn't overly opaque, so it seems to meld with lips rather than sit on top. And the color really works for me! It's kind of a medium-boysenberry that lights up my face. Not too dark, but very rich and "there." It's a gorgeous color, makes lips look juicy and berry-stained. I've actually bought the full size!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

My sister gave me this for Christmas so I do not know the cost. I really do like it as I've a zillion purple, mauves etc...I'm of Indian descent, so my lips are browner than the rest of my face and they have a naturally purple-esque undertone so have quite a collection as many come off as MLBB. So this is not a statement lipstick on me by any means, I often have to apply a few coats, but perhaps on lighter complexions I've seen on the net it looks great on too! On me it almost comes off a brown-ey purple on my lips due to my already darker natural lip color, so a natural look. I just love the texture. It's not matte (of course) and gives my lips a nice sheen and hydrating moisture, yet never makes my lips peel like soooo many other lipsticks do. Like most Clinique lip products I've had however, I did not expect it to last hours so re-application or keeping it in your purse is a must.

UPDATE: Unfortunately, I was on-line the recently and it was listed as containing lead...So will not be wearing it as often and won't re-purchase.

Surprisingly great! I received this as a GWP, and I didn't touch it for 2 months thinking it won't be my color. I also wrongly assumed this might not be up to par, due to the fact that they gave away a whole bunch of GWPs for buying one skin set. (The GWPs all turned out to be great, save for the odd cistrus spray.)

If someone's looking for a deep matte magenta/purply color, this is not for you. This is a very moisturizing lipstick with just enough pigmentation; I think it's perfect for people who want to get out of their comfort zone of nudes and pinks.

Again, someone who's looking for a lot of pigmentation might be disappointed. But this is a great lipstick for those winter days when your lips are constantly chapped, even with the help of vaseline and chapstick.

I personally love this lipstick. It's great because I usually stick to classic red and simple corals. If I lost it, I would repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is the perfect plum lipstick for fall/ winter. It has been around a long time and is popular for a reason.Clinique includes this lipstick shade in a lot of their "bonuses". I def recommend to anyone looking for a great fall/winter plum lipstick!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Formula feathers a bit but the real problem is the color. I had hoped for a MLBB, but on me it looks a lot like tongue/gums and somehow makes it look like I have a gummier smile than I do - or maybe just really prominent, full-of-blood gums. It's not flattering at all. I don't see "grape" in any way, more of a red-based pink. Doesn't make my teeth look all that great, either. I've gotten this as a full-size GWP several times over the years and faithfully try it every time, but to no avail.

I got this as a freebie when I purchased Clinque skin care. I like this lipstick. I am a NC-25 in the fall/winter (or medium beige in bare minerals language) and this is my go-to plum colored lipstick. It's perfect for fall!

However I took off a lippy for a couple reasons:
1. It's slippery. The lipstick formula is very moisturizing but becomes kind of messy on me. Lip liner use is encouraged.
2. It's very pigmented, but I don't like the color of it just applied straight from the tube. It seems kind of dull and strange looking. I like to apply then blot a couple of times. Gives me the perfect plum/berry stain and also helps with the aforementioned messiness.

I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK! The color is gorgeous and it really helped me to step out of my comfort zone of light pinks or neutral colors. Where I bought it, the lipstick was a little pricier than what I've been seeing elsewhere, but it was well worth it. I literally wear this everywhere and it stays on really well. I remember the first week that I got it, I wore it everywhere! A must buy product!