L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Serum

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

3.4

A hydrating, calming serum along the veins of Estee Lauder Advanced Night repair, Lancome Genefique, Jurlique Herbal recovery gel, Kiehls midnight recovery concerntrate etc. Like its ilk, it's non-sticky, light and easily absorbed.

I didn't use this for long enough to see any long term skin brightening effects, but on a superficial level, the purported skin brightening effects are due to the oils in this serum. Oils make your skin glowy. The glow and oil content in this serum are very subtle. You'd probably not even notice it.

Overall, I don't think this serum is any better than any of the other similar type serums on the market. I'll definitely use it if I get another sample, but bang for buck, I'd buy one of the cheaper aforementioned ones. And if I really wanted to brighten my skin, I'd invest in a Vitamin C serum.

Fragrance is fresh, and very French.

on 12/13/2012 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Have been using it morning and night for the past two weeks and i definitely notice a difference. The darker spots have reduced quite a bit. Also if you use this product along with facials/microdermabrasions you will notice more of a difference. Its light enough to wear during the day and doesn't feel oily
The only complaint i have is the bottle itself. The dropper barely works. I don't even bother with it anymore so I just pour it out.

on 8/5/2012 7:39:00 PM

Did absolutely nothing to my skin, used it along with the foaming cleanser .. No brightening effect whatsoever and it did not moisturize at all , a 5 bucks cream could've done better .. Waste of money :) u may just like the aromatic smell and the ellegance of the package and that's all

on 4/26/2012 7:52:00 AM

I bought this recently along with the Immortelle Brightening Moisturiser. I love it. It's light, smells very refreshing, absorbs immediately into your skin, and works like a charm along with the moisturiser. I've noticed visible results upon first use and my skin continues to look more radiant and even.
There's really nothing more to add than what's already been said from the other reviews. For me, seeing is believing, and this little baby has proved to to me it's worth.

on 3/20/2012 7:48:00 PM

I had high hopes for this product. I used it religiously to see effects and just ended up getting a bad breakout and very red skin. I do not think it is worth the money as I have tried "brightening" oils from other brands that are a lot cheaper.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I found the Brightening Essence to be a waste of money. It did not brighten at all and I went through 1.5 bottles of this after which I just gave up and threw the rest away. The consistency is gel-like but I found it sticky once on my skin. I like the smell of this product but that's about it. Not repurchasing. It is $70 Cdn before taxes.

on 9/17/2011 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Not sure what this does for me. Doesn't moisturize, doesn't fade spots or scars and doesn't improve my skin texture. Weird dry oil that sits on my skin instead of absorbing. Deciding now whether to bin it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

According to the box: Smoothens, even, lightens. The brightening essence is a concentrated serum which visibly preserves youth and brightens skin. It's fresh and light serum formula combines:

- organic immortelle essential oil, concentrated in time-released micro capsules, for long lasting anti-wrinkle, anti-free radical and firming effectiveness

-Bellis perennis brightening extract, combined witha vitamin c derivative to make the complexion more uniform and more radiant

- a wintergreen leaf extract to stimulate the natural exfoliantion of cells and refine skin's texture with soothing and moisturizing agents: chamomile extract and allantoine

Day after day, complexion is more radiant and even-toned. Skin is soothed and moisturized, firmed, and toned. It attains a youthful glow.

Wow. I'm heading towards the age of 25. I know most of you are thinking, "Isn't she too young for this skin care line?" I never thought any L'Occitane facial product would work out for me. After doing a bit of research on here, I decided to look into this product. I was in the market for a night serum that will help me out with the Differin gel I use at night (0.1% adapalene). Now, I've been told not to use any type of facial lotion and opt to use a serum instead by my esthetician. Serums are meant to be concentrated, therefore serums will penetrate deeper into the skin and does what it is suppose to do and will give your skin enough skin hydration. Moisturizer are just fillers and are not to be penetrated into the skin, hence there are more preservatives in moisturizers than a serum. Another plus is this serum contains no perservatives! So I did what my esthetician told me, and using other serums I've had great results. I haven't used it long, but based on the sample I got from the nice sephora lady, my skin seemed to like it after applying Differin gel. It could be just me, but just trying the sample I noticed my skin what a bit brighter. Glad I got a 20% discount from sephora, so I quickly snatched this up. I have not regretted buying this since. I only use it at night as it can be somewhat oily (even when I wake up). But its ok as I know at least my skin won't dry out from the differin gel at night. Right now I can honestly say I have complete faith in the product. I can not wait until I see results at the end of 4 or 8 weeks of using this (and afterwards, of course). I did get some samples of the Brightening Shield with SPF 40 PA +++. Completely different, and greasy! I was disappointed and returned it to sephora.

**UPDATE: Ok... this serum does really make the skin glow! I guess its just something about evening primrose oil. Now that it is winter, my esthetician told me to use two serums as heat can dry skin faster. I still use this serum first then I put Dr. G's Hydra-Intensive Serum. Dr. G is a korean brand and contains evening primrose oil also. Once I wake up my skin is nice and supple, not oily! I will only use two serums at night when it is winter time. I will switch to using only this at night as I get somewhat oily in this humidity during spring/summer/fall.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I made a bad gamble purchasing this product. I didn't realize I'm sensitive to citrus oils until after using this only 4 times and I had a reaction. I can't attest to how effective it is because I had to discontinue using it. First, the packaging: the bottle comes with a dropper in the lid with a little button on top that you press to release the product. I greatly disliked this, despite the fact that it's more sanitary. The instructions say to place the product precisely where you need it with the dropper and to use only 2 drops. Well, I needed more than 2 drops. The pump dropper was not easy to use, especially after getting some of the product on my fingers, which made it slippery and I dropped it on the floor. As for my reaction: after using it just twice, directly after application, my face turned bright red, my skin began to sting and then burn, my cheeks grew inflamed and hot to the touch...and then the dryness came! I'm still combating the dryness, irritation and flakes. When I emailed L'Occitane about it, they said I could return it for a full refund and to include a printout of the email. I sent it back a few days ago, so I'm still waiting for my refund. Maybe this might work for some people that don't have sensitive skin, but it really messed me up for a while.

on 8/30/2009 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this brightening serum! I have some acne scars and this is fading them out. I love that it does not contain hydroquinone. It takes a couple of weeks of diligent use, but I've noticed my dark spots are definitely fading. It's a bit expensive, but worth it. I've been using it since April and I've barely made a dent in it. It has a medicine dropper applicator. I think it makes it easy to apply exactly where you want it. It is a bit oily when you apply it, but it dries very fast. Despite it's oily nature, it has not caused me to break out. I will definitely purchase again.