L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Serum

No Image

3.7

on 9/17/2011 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Not sure what this does for me. Doesn't moisturize, doesn't fade spots or scars and doesn't improve my skin texture. Weird dry oil that sits on my skin instead of absorbing. Deciding now whether to bin it.

on 7/2/2009 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This review is for the IMMORTELLE VERY PRECIOUS BRIGHTENING CONCENTRATE. I don't really like the consistency of the product. It feels kinda runny and oily. So I only apply it at bedtime, before moisturiser, feeling like a very unattractive oil slick. Because I didn't like the feel of it, I aimed to finish the bottle soon as I could (to justify the price) and SLATHERED it on every night so I could buy something else to try (what a product junkie). Three months later, it suddenly occurred to me that my face had taken on an incredible glow. I looked really radiant! I've never noticed my face like this before, but then again, this is the first time I am using a skin brightener. Also, because I never thought to appy this product around my eyes, as a result, the area (despite eyecreams) now looks dull and tired and much darker. Arrggghh. The difference is so obvious I am now scrambling to apply brightener diligently on my eye area every morning and night AND using an eye shadow to brighten my upper lid in the day, which I never do. This is without exaggeration. That said, the serum strangely did very little to my sun pigmentation spots, but those are very stubborn and I suspect it would take a laser treatment to erase them. Anyway, back to this brightening serum, it's serious stuff. I'll try other brightening products still, just cos I don't like the oily feel of this. But if the rest don't work, I'm definitely coming back to this baby.

on 4/10/2009 10:25:00 AM

This review is for the IMMORTELLE VERY PRECIOUS BRIGHTENING CONCENTRATE as well. I have some melasma on my cheeks and a few dark spots that seem to be clearing up. This stuff works as well as some prescription stuff (Tri-Luna) I've used but for half the price. Don't get me wrong...it's still pricey, but a decent price given that it works for me. Packaging is durable, and I like the whole dropper concept. My skin is very dry, so the concentrate works for me since it adds an extra layer of oil that I need, but you might try the serum if you have an oilier skin type.