L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Serum

No Image

on 7/2/2009 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This review is for the IMMORTELLE VERY PRECIOUS BRIGHTENING CONCENTRATE. I don't really like the consistency of the product. It feels kinda runny and oily. So I only apply it at bedtime, before moisturiser, feeling like a very unattractive oil slick. Because I didn't like the feel of it, I aimed to finish the bottle soon as I could (to justify the price) and SLATHERED it on every night so I could buy something else to try (what a product junkie). Three months later, it suddenly occurred to me that my face had taken on an incredible glow. I looked really radiant! I've never noticed my face like this before, but then again, this is the first time I am using a skin brightener. Also, because I never thought to appy this product around my eyes, as a result, the area (despite eyecreams) now looks dull and tired and much darker. Arrggghh. The difference is so obvious I am now scrambling to apply brightener diligently on my eye area every morning and night AND using an eye shadow to brighten my upper lid in the day, which I never do. This is without exaggeration. That said, the serum strangely did very little to my sun pigmentation spots, but those are very stubborn and I suspect it would take a laser treatment to erase them. Anyway, back to this brightening serum, it's serious stuff. I'll try other brightening products still, just cos I don't like the oily feel of this. But if the rest don't work, I'm definitely coming back to this baby.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

An HG item. I've been using this for one and a half years now and over the course of this period, have seen a great improvement in the clarity of my complexion. My skintone is unified, even and heaps brighter, possibly due to the mulberry extract. This product is formulated with Immortelle essential oil concentrated into micro-capsules for continuous 24 hour release. It's enhanced with an active ingredient derived from Vitamin C to lighten age spots, freckles, and pigmentation as well as regulate the production of melanin. I honestly believed that this has helped me achieve healthy, radiant, glowing skin. The texture of the serum is light and gel-like, absorbing instantly for a matt powdery finish. I use this under the L'Occitane Very Precious Fluid in the morning and my skin has never been happier. The packaging is typically L'Occitane, exquisitely French and very attractive, and the serum is contained in a handy blue glass bottle complete with pump-dispenser. Although it is pricey (approximately AUD 65 for 30 mls) it lasts very well, about 3 and a half months on average. On the whole, I'm overjoyed with the results achieved through use of this product and will keep on repurchasing.
EDIT 11/10/2007: It's only in times of a skincare crisis do we realize why certain items are HGs and that we should never stray from them. My skin recently went crazy after a foul experiment with fish oil pills through which I developed cystic acne on my forehead and cheeks like never before. After a week of antibiotics, my skin was clear but filled with awful dark spots. The L'Occitane Brightening serum used in conjunction with Eminence Organic's Stone Crop serum has worked wonders in reducing these marks by 80% in just one week! I started using the L'Occitane serum twice daily instead of just in the morning and indeed, it seems to work more effectively overnight. Day by day my skin has regained it's clarity. And the best part? Even through the worse bit of the breakout, this serum still kept my skin glowing. The dermatologist I went to see was shocked speechless. Oh L'Occitane, how I love thee!

Ingredients: Aqua/ Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, C14-22 Alcohols, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Anthemis Nobilis flower extract, Gentiana Lutea root extract, Glycerin, Helichrysum Italicum extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) extract, Xanthan Gum, Larrea Divaricata extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) fruit extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) oil, Borago Officinalis seed oil, Sucrose Palmitate, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Parfum/ Fragrance, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyacrylamide, Glyceryl Linoleate, PEG-8 Laureth, 7-C13-14 Isoparafin, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Triethanolamine, Methyl/ Butyl/ Paraben, Triclosan, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Tetrasodium Edta, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Alpha-Methyl Ionone, Linalool, Limonene, Citral.