L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Serum

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

2.1

on 12/7/2014 1:51:00 PM

I honestly did not notice any brightening effect with this product. It is expensive and seems to contain a lot of filler ingredients. I think there are many more effective vitamin c serums that brighten and offer other anti-aging benefits. This serum does not offer any other anti-aging benefits. The packaging, however, is ridiculously adorable.

on 5/17/2012 5:49:00 AM

I've been using this over a week and turns out really good. My face is more brighten and radiant. Can't tell whether it reduces any dark spots as yet.

The texture is like clear runny gel. It's easily absorb to the skin. No strong fragance.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I found the Brightening Essence to be a waste of money. It did not brighten at all and I went through 1.5 bottles of this after which I just gave up and threw the rest away. The consistency is gel-like but I found it sticky once on my skin. I like the smell of this product but that's about it. Not repurchasing. It is $70 Cdn before taxes.

on 9/17/2011 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Not sure what this does for me. Doesn't moisturize, doesn't fade spots or scars and doesn't improve my skin texture. Weird dry oil that sits on my skin instead of absorbing. Deciding now whether to bin it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

According to the box: Smoothens, even, lightens. The brightening essence is a concentrated serum which visibly preserves youth and brightens skin. It's fresh and light serum formula combines:

- organic immortelle essential oil, concentrated in time-released micro capsules, for long lasting anti-wrinkle, anti-free radical and firming effectiveness

-Bellis perennis brightening extract, combined witha vitamin c derivative to make the complexion more uniform and more radiant

- a wintergreen leaf extract to stimulate the natural exfoliantion of cells and refine skin's texture with soothing and moisturizing agents: chamomile extract and allantoine

Day after day, complexion is more radiant and even-toned. Skin is soothed and moisturized, firmed, and toned. It attains a youthful glow.

Wow. I'm heading towards the age of 25. I know most of you are thinking, "Isn't she too young for this skin care line?" I never thought any L'Occitane facial product would work out for me. After doing a bit of research on here, I decided to look into this product. I was in the market for a night serum that will help me out with the Differin gel I use at night (0.1% adapalene). Now, I've been told not to use any type of facial lotion and opt to use a serum instead by my esthetician. Serums are meant to be concentrated, therefore serums will penetrate deeper into the skin and does what it is suppose to do and will give your skin enough skin hydration. Moisturizer are just fillers and are not to be penetrated into the skin, hence there are more preservatives in moisturizers than a serum. Another plus is this serum contains no perservatives! So I did what my esthetician told me, and using other serums I've had great results. I haven't used it long, but based on the sample I got from the nice sephora lady, my skin seemed to like it after applying Differin gel. It could be just me, but just trying the sample I noticed my skin what a bit brighter. Glad I got a 20% discount from sephora, so I quickly snatched this up. I have not regretted buying this since. I only use it at night as it can be somewhat oily (even when I wake up). But its ok as I know at least my skin won't dry out from the differin gel at night. Right now I can honestly say I have complete faith in the product. I can not wait until I see results at the end of 4 or 8 weeks of using this (and afterwards, of course). I did get some samples of the Brightening Shield with SPF 40 PA +++. Completely different, and greasy! I was disappointed and returned it to sephora.

**UPDATE: Ok... this serum does really make the skin glow! I guess its just something about evening primrose oil. Now that it is winter, my esthetician told me to use two serums as heat can dry skin faster. I still use this serum first then I put Dr. G's Hydra-Intensive Serum. Dr. G is a korean brand and contains evening primrose oil also. Once I wake up my skin is nice and supple, not oily! I will only use two serums at night when it is winter time. I will switch to using only this at night as I get somewhat oily in this humidity during spring/summer/fall.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I made a bad gamble purchasing this product. I didn't realize I'm sensitive to citrus oils until after using this only 4 times and I had a reaction. I can't attest to how effective it is because I had to discontinue using it. First, the packaging: the bottle comes with a dropper in the lid with a little button on top that you press to release the product. I greatly disliked this, despite the fact that it's more sanitary. The instructions say to place the product precisely where you need it with the dropper and to use only 2 drops. Well, I needed more than 2 drops. The pump dropper was not easy to use, especially after getting some of the product on my fingers, which made it slippery and I dropped it on the floor. As for my reaction: after using it just twice, directly after application, my face turned bright red, my skin began to sting and then burn, my cheeks grew inflamed and hot to the touch...and then the dryness came! I'm still combating the dryness, irritation and flakes. When I emailed L'Occitane about it, they said I could return it for a full refund and to include a printout of the email. I sent it back a few days ago, so I'm still waiting for my refund. Maybe this might work for some people that don't have sensitive skin, but it really messed me up for a while.

on 7/23/2009 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

So disappointed. This thing is light, non greasy. It has a fairly strong smell - not actually bad but kind of old-ladyish and overwhelming.
Maybe it works. I can't tell because everytime I put it on it seemed to break me out. Urgh.

Edit: To be fair, I'm not sure I'm using the same thing everyone else is reviewing. It's in a blue glass bottle with a pump. The SA told me it was the last of its kind, so maybe it was just old. I don't know.