L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Serum

No Image

3.6

on 12/30/2015 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off, I think you can find a cheaper alternative to this because it had no "wow" factor for me. I liked how it felt on my skin and that's about it. The smell is kinda fresh too so you feel like it's a bit of a luxury products because of it and it was a nice base before my night cream. Won't re-purchase because it's damn expensive and I think there's better serums out there for this price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

pros:
make my face brighter even in first time used
reduce redness
reduce dullness
tightening large pores
fading a bit my acne scar
shrink fast,

cons;
damn expensive

on 10/12/2012 4:16:00 PM

Actually, its name is Immortelle Brightening Essence. This essence extra solution to brighten skin and its main purpose is not a moisture.I a set of Clinique daily skincare #4 but it is not much benefits. Therefore, I use L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Essence before my Clinique moisture. A beautiful combination! ^^

on 8/5/2012 7:39:00 PM

Did absolutely nothing to my skin, used it along with the foaming cleanser .. No brightening effect whatsoever and it did not moisturize at all , a 5 bucks cream could've done better .. Waste of money :) u may just like the aromatic smell and the ellegance of the package and that's all

on 5/17/2012 5:49:00 AM

I've been using this over a week and turns out really good. My face is more brighten and radiant. Can't tell whether it reduces any dark spots as yet.

The texture is like clear runny gel. It's easily absorb to the skin. No strong fragance.

on 4/26/2012 7:52:00 AM

I bought this recently along with the Immortelle Brightening Moisturiser. I love it. It's light, smells very refreshing, absorbs immediately into your skin, and works like a charm along with the moisturiser. I've noticed visible results upon first use and my skin continues to look more radiant and even.
There's really nothing more to add than what's already been said from the other reviews. For me, seeing is believing, and this little baby has proved to to me it's worth.

on 3/20/2012 7:48:00 PM

I had high hopes for this product. I used it religiously to see effects and just ended up getting a bad breakout and very red skin. I do not think it is worth the money as I have tried "brightening" oils from other brands that are a lot cheaper.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

According to the box: Smoothens, even, lightens. The brightening essence is a concentrated serum which visibly preserves youth and brightens skin. It's fresh and light serum formula combines:

- organic immortelle essential oil, concentrated in time-released micro capsules, for long lasting anti-wrinkle, anti-free radical and firming effectiveness

-Bellis perennis brightening extract, combined witha vitamin c derivative to make the complexion more uniform and more radiant

- a wintergreen leaf extract to stimulate the natural exfoliantion of cells and refine skin's texture with soothing and moisturizing agents: chamomile extract and allantoine

Day after day, complexion is more radiant and even-toned. Skin is soothed and moisturized, firmed, and toned. It attains a youthful glow.

Wow. I'm heading towards the age of 25. I know most of you are thinking, "Isn't she too young for this skin care line?" I never thought any L'Occitane facial product would work out for me. After doing a bit of research on here, I decided to look into this product. I was in the market for a night serum that will help me out with the Differin gel I use at night (0.1% adapalene). Now, I've been told not to use any type of facial lotion and opt to use a serum instead by my esthetician. Serums are meant to be concentrated, therefore serums will penetrate deeper into the skin and does what it is suppose to do and will give your skin enough skin hydration. Moisturizer are just fillers and are not to be penetrated into the skin, hence there are more preservatives in moisturizers than a serum. Another plus is this serum contains no perservatives! So I did what my esthetician told me, and using other serums I've had great results. I haven't used it long, but based on the sample I got from the nice sephora lady, my skin seemed to like it after applying Differin gel. It could be just me, but just trying the sample I noticed my skin what a bit brighter. Glad I got a 20% discount from sephora, so I quickly snatched this up. I have not regretted buying this since. I only use it at night as it can be somewhat oily (even when I wake up). But its ok as I know at least my skin won't dry out from the differin gel at night. Right now I can honestly say I have complete faith in the product. I can not wait until I see results at the end of 4 or 8 weeks of using this (and afterwards, of course). I did get some samples of the Brightening Shield with SPF 40 PA +++. Completely different, and greasy! I was disappointed and returned it to sephora.

**UPDATE: Ok... this serum does really make the skin glow! I guess its just something about evening primrose oil. Now that it is winter, my esthetician told me to use two serums as heat can dry skin faster. I still use this serum first then I put Dr. G's Hydra-Intensive Serum. Dr. G is a korean brand and contains evening primrose oil also. Once I wake up my skin is nice and supple, not oily! I will only use two serums at night when it is winter time. I will switch to using only this at night as I get somewhat oily in this humidity during spring/summer/fall.

I have oily t-zone and very dry and sensitive skin around my jowl; living in south east asia where the weather is hot and humid for most of the year.

I like the dropper applicator but do not know if it is just the bottle i got, the cap seems to loosen no matter how hard i try to tighten it.

This serum has a slippery/ runny texture and a light floral fragrance. It is easy to apply but feels slightly sticky on the face. I just apply it on my face, eye and neck, without massaging in. After a few minutes the serum is absorbed into my skin, it feels soft and tender without the stickness; my eye area looks firm and hydrated - no stinging sensation.

I use it in the night after my cleanser and do not use any moisturiser after that.

My complexion looks more even and pores seem to look smaller after application. I would say that this product is value for money.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I made a bad gamble purchasing this product. I didn't realize I'm sensitive to citrus oils until after using this only 4 times and I had a reaction. I can't attest to how effective it is because I had to discontinue using it. First, the packaging: the bottle comes with a dropper in the lid with a little button on top that you press to release the product. I greatly disliked this, despite the fact that it's more sanitary. The instructions say to place the product precisely where you need it with the dropper and to use only 2 drops. Well, I needed more than 2 drops. The pump dropper was not easy to use, especially after getting some of the product on my fingers, which made it slippery and I dropped it on the floor. As for my reaction: after using it just twice, directly after application, my face turned bright red, my skin began to sting and then burn, my cheeks grew inflamed and hot to the touch...and then the dryness came! I'm still combating the dryness, irritation and flakes. When I emailed L'Occitane about it, they said I could return it for a full refund and to include a printout of the email. I sent it back a few days ago, so I'm still waiting for my refund. Maybe this might work for some people that don't have sensitive skin, but it really messed me up for a while.